Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New French Walkers

Anyone got any of these????????

imageimage
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• It looks... well... I'll reserve final judgement until I see the actual coin and not this illustration.

But I will say that the French walker motif could use some more originality than the same old 100+ year old design. Britannia gets a nice fresh design regularly, why not the frenchie?
  • Hmmm. Interesting. I've never seen them before.

I guess my initial reaction to them is they look a bit "busy" in the design.

But, this from a guy who loves Carver Commems.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • I ordered one and will post pictures when it arrives. I di see them in person at the ANA in Baltimore and they do look alot nicer than the image I posted.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I kind of like the design, including the timelessly beautiful Walker herself. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the reverse shows a line bisecting France (as the most important country in at least Europe....image).

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    No, but I'll probably acquire one. image Jester, I think you'll find that's the Paris Meridian ... as opposed to the Greenwich Meridian. imageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    The design looks the same,but the relief and beauty of the old ones are gone.

As for Britannia,it's changing every year,because the new bullion market has become very profitable ,but their new 2003 design,although very nice,looks like a (second) obverse,instead of a reverse imo.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3