Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Greatest Baltimore Show-EVER!

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today was my greatest Baltimore Show! In 1988 I bought the book "High Profits From Rare Coin Investment" Eleventh Edition by Q. David Bowers. I've carried the book to all major coin shows in my briefcase or backpack for 15 years hoping to run into Q. David Bowers and have him autograph it. Well, today he was walking down one of the rows with coffee and I asked him to autograph it and now it is autographed! For me, this has been the greatest acquisition at a coin show.
As for my purchases, I bought lunch and paid $18. for parking. Typical show for me, no coins purchased.
Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    A 9.2 on the coolness meter. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Awesome! Would be a 10 if you got some coins to show us!
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael,

My closest experience to yours was getting Mr. Noyes to autograph his early & middle date Large Cent books which I purchased from him at Long Beach in (I think) 1991.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    I got to chat with Michael for about 15 minutes in one of the many aisles at the show. He showed me a few coins that he brought with him, including a gorgeous MS64 1921 High Relief Peace Dollar. Super clean for a MS64 coin. I think he got it from a fellow forum member.
    Michael is a really great guy who helped me get my feet wet at the first Baltimore show I attended. Which was also the first big show I had ever been too.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • I really like hearing stories like that one. Congratulations on your great fortune. It was such a simple thing for him to do and it totally made your day (maybe even your year).

Numonebuyer
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Michael
    Kudos.I know how you feel.I have a book autographed by John Wexler.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Congrats!

I am pleased I can share in your excitement. It really did make me feel good to learn you got that signature.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • When can we expect to see that book on Ebay?
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congradulations on aquiring that autograph.

That's got to be a good feeling.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael, double check the signature. Make sure Bowers didn't sign it, "David Hall". image

peacockcoins

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Fun, Fun, Fun. After 15 years what a thrill.image
  • Michael, that's great. Must of made you feel very good having such a coin expert as Mr. Bowers give an autograph, Congrats!

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meet Q. David Bowers at one of the Baltimore shows about 10 years ago... actually it may have been the last ANA show in Baltimore... didn't get an autograph... didn't even think of it.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file