Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA Show update - live from the bourse floor!

After many, many long hours of driving, we finally got in. We headed straight to the convention center so we could get set up, and boy did we get lucky. We got the first spot right next to the front door of the convention! You know, we sure expected it to be a lot busier. In fact, it looks like Dennis and I are the first ones to set up. There's no other dealers even walking the floor yet! Looks like we might get the dibs on the first of the early birds.

After we get our booth set up, we are going to scope out a hotel. Anyone know of a good place to stay here in Long Beach?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>After we get our booth set up, we are going to scope out a hotel. Anyone know of a good place to stay here in Long Beach? >>

ANA's in Baltimore, not Long beach. Looks like you are nice and early for Long Beach.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    No wonder there are no other dealers yet.

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    LOLimage
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you guys had to get the news from Cameron. image
  • Options
    Instead of a motel you might want to find an apartment. Hotels can be costly for long stays. image

• Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANA's in Baltimore.... >>

Thanks, Cam. I think he knew that. I'm here to help you though. It was a joke...no, really, it was. image

jom
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Instead of a motel you might want to find an apartment. Hotels can be costly for long stays. image >>

Especially the ones that charge by the hour. image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I think this calls for another exclusive Jadecoin Press Release image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the holed large cent sale coming along?
  • Options
    I thought he was serious.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Let me know as soon as you see the 1913 nickels. They may be a little difficult to find but don't give up.
    Was that a pin you heard dropping?image

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    You guys are on a roll here lately!
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was serious ...notice he hasn't said anything since the revelation that he's waaay too earlyimage
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I imagine when we get a full report from Jadecoins in Long Beach it will state

that the hall was dark, empty and cold. The good news is that Jadecoins will have all

of the customers as the sole dealer. The bad news is that their are no customers.

Cant even get a 6 dollar hot dog or a 3 dollar coke.I sure hope that Jade doesnt head

for Baltimore in September. ???????????????????????
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>he was serious ...notice he hasn't said anything since the revelation that he's waaay too earlyimage >>

Maybe he's waiting for the doors to open before making his next report.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's in baltimore ?

I thought I heard him singing "They call it mellow yellow"
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options

<< <i>report from Jadecoins in Long Beach it will state that the hall was dark, empty and cold >>

But if the report was from Legend, it would state "the market is hot, hot, hot. Our best show ever! All of our coins were sold before we even bought them!"

Mike

• Options
    Mysteriously, still no sign of other dealers. By golly, the bourse floor is practically empty! With the hall being so empty, traffic has been extremely light. Dennis has been practicing his opera technique - this place has great acoustics! We did score our first sale just a few moments ago. Fella in a green jumpsuit carrying a couple of brushes and a bottle of Mr. Clean approached us. At first, I thought he was going to offer to scrub up some of our dirty coins for us, but then he asked us if we had any of "them there state quarters". I found a couple in my pocket change and exchanged them for a bottle of Windex so we could clean our cases.

We'll keep you guys posted and let you know if traffic picks up some!
  • Options
    They have other conventions there also. You might set up at the Nat'l Center for Database
    Marketing Convention July 27-30 (closed event) X-Hall A/Grand Ballroom/101-204. Ask the janitor to sneak you in.

Plenty to do in August. You have any Morman gold? There is a convention there the first week of August for them.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Jadecoin,that was too damn funny! Had me going until I read the last line,then I just cracked up.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    Barberlover- you have your "mellow yellow" reference all wrong. Donovan one time dispelled the drug rumor by stating once and for all that "mellow yellow" was a reference to a certain popular, shall we say, adult battery operated toy. He thinks it's funny all these years later people are still confused. I certainly hope our friend in Long Beach waiting for the ANA convention to show up didn't try lighting one of those up! I predict this post will be the cause of my banning... image
  • Options

<< <i>Are you sure it's in baltimore ?
    I thought I heard him singing "They call it mellow yellow" >>

That was actually MDWoods you heard.

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Jadecoins, this has been a very humerous exchange. Your comments are

worthy of the noble Bard himself. Thank you for making all of our day

a little brighter.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file