Home U.S. Coin Forum

Guess the grade! (cause the old title didnt get peeps attention.)

THats right its time agian for a4oJgmcotic (anual 4th of July grade my coin over the internet challenge) Heres a seated quarter (pics r only "okay") Grade away.
imageimage

Comments

• kieferscoinskieferscoins Posts: 10,017
    The pic isn't very good on my screen, but I guess VF-35.

Cameron Kiefer
  • It was a tough coin to take pics of. THere is a rainbow on the obv around liberty with blues and greens and purples and then red orange green and yellow rim toning on the rev.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin, I like it as a VF35, possibly 40 depending on the real life "look" could even be worth 45 dough.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Split 35/45--IMO
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Looks like an EF40 to me. Arrows and Rays are one of my favorites to collect. Nice piece.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    vf25

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angle shot is a little tough, but Ill say Xf-40
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    EF40 obverse, AU50 reverse. Final EF45.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nicer than my ANACS FR2 image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    The reverse is quite nice, prob. AU53. The obverse looks VF30, overall it's a VF35
    Mark
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XF45....Nice little coin.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting coin and the scans are not much help and makes it all the more difficult to offer an accurate opinion... there is a degree of wear as evidenced by flatness on the high points of the obverse. I would say EF40 possibly EF45 depending on the lustre and originality. It is tough to make determinations on those issues without seeing the coin.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    EF-40. Nice coin.

• Counterfeit!!image
  • OK.............I'm going out on a limb.............the details in the lines of the shield are nice, just some light rub on the highpoints...............the Obv. "looks" more rubbed in the Picture than it is (I think)............verdict:......image.....AU55.........OK,.......now the laughter can begin...............
    New shop..........New lessons every day...............
  • Too much wear on the Obverse-VF.
  • Now this coin is raw but!.. From most of my dealers thoughts (didnt ask to sell and gave them no reason to not grade under of over what it was) They said it was a solid EF-45. It has less wear on the front that the pics show but they pretty much agreed that the obv was vf-35 to EF-40 with an Au-53 rev total EF-45. This was also my thought. I would think that PCGS would agree because one of my dealers at one time worked for one of the big 3 grading companys. (cant remember which) So that gives me some comfidents in his grading abilities. And BTW even though the coin looks pretty well "original" in the scan it is really very pretty with a rainbow of blues greans and puples on the obv and yellows, greens, reds, and oranges on the rev.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file