Home U.S. Coin Forum

what coin PCGS/NGC would you currently pay 5x 10x 15x 20x over bid for?

what coin with the right "look" certified by ngc/pcgs would you currently pay 5x 10x 15x 25x bid for??

maybe a monster toned commem in 65? or a monster toned morgan in 65? maybe a deep cameo proof 1977 cent a totally prooflike 32-d quarter? the list goss on and on ,,,,,,,or?? anyway let er rip

and be as specific as you can in the parameters of the coin

but it must be certified by pcgs or ngc

sincerely michael

Comments

• I would pay way over bid for a NGC black holder slab - even for a cheap morgan in MS-63.

Cameron Kiefer
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    hi there cameron! i used to have the largest collection of sample slabs 200 of them back about the really early 1990's
    i sold them soon after for like one dollar each
    i am sorry i did not keep them
    you name it i had it with some amazing coins in sample holders to boot all ngc/pcgs mostly pcgs

let me asks you would someone pay 30x over bid for this black slabbed ngc ms63 morgan?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

sincerely sincerely
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    one with 4 wheels image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    1879-s reverse of 78 toned. I would payover bid for this coin, Name your price and we'll work it out

My spelling is bad some times
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    in the context that i think you mean, my answer would be: none.

i'd look for the same coin not in a slab

K S
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay double retail but not 5X Bid or ask. Hell no! Just being patient I have learned brings the coin one seeks at a price one desires. I paid $240.00 for a 1896-O that was the first I had seen in three years. It barely, barely makes Fine. Fine coins were retailing at $90.00 when I bought it. Anyway within two months I had found an NGC VF25, a raw VF30 and an Anacs F12. The last two combined cost less than the first squeeker fine I bought.

Don't rush the universe! The coin Gods give and they taketh, one must be patient and appease them!

Tyler
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    At my current station in life, none.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    image Most of my collections, except my Lincoln sets, are mostly Proof Cams and Dcams which seemingly have no ask or bid prices. Depends on the coins and populations with the series! It's a no man's marketplace without any substantial data to support over-inflated prices on some coins!
    Is there a data base some where to show actual market sales other than PCGS price guide?image

REALISTIC MARKET VALUES ON CAMS AND DCAMS!!!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not going to quote a specific buy price, but would pay strong for

1901-s barber .25 in Vf(pcgs)
    1904-s barber half in Au-55, 58 (pcgs)
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot think of any coin I am looking for that I would pay 5x bid for.
    50% over bid is about the break point for me and the coin has to have something special about it.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Better watch it with a statement like that road runner, or you might be called a long time newbee [like i was]

There are coins some people may not be willing to part with unless outrageous somes are offered, like rare coins that really have no market on the sheets because they don't trade hands often enough to establish a real time market price or coins that are "hot", but unless or untill the majority of the best coins fall into that catagory and i dare anyone to prove otherwise. I have found the following to be true;

THE MAJORITY OF HIGH END EYE APPEALING COINS CAN BE HAD AT LESS THAN 2 X BID.

The grey sheet prices are not for the most part 80-90 % below market. The lone exception to this is monster toned morgans where it may never be possible to establish a sheet price because of suttle differences people place on the values of the toning.
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    The only way I'd pay more than 2.5x bid is if the bid price is <$5 and the coin really appeals to me.

And this applies to any coin, however I find it.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    michael
    I just did at the last Baltimore Coin Show.It was the 1954 PR68 that I needed to complete my Registry Set.Before you say it,I know I'm crazy.I can only say in my defense,that I tried making one more times than I care to admit.image
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll typically pay 10%, maybe 20% over Greysheet for a nice type coin. I agree w Roadrunner re 50% if the coin is exceptional. As for 5X, or even 2.5X, eu acho que não.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine paying 5x bid. I like theolder U.S. stuff that has high visual appeal. Several dealers promote the asthetic (sp) appeal of coins and price way over, but it typically only goes up to the next grade level. Adrian comes to mind. Even though I have not purchased from him, he has some early beauties that are percentages above but not multiples of sheet. What other dealers can you think of that consistantly push the market envelope? What are those prices, ala a Stupler, Legend, etc. Are most of the examples we are discussing in this thread totally low pop coins, regardless of era, grade etc. Just my two cents.

Wondo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file