Home U.S. Coin Forum

aswimmer toned Morgans on eBay, Real or AT??

Comments

• Did someone ask for the Wizard?image
    Alan Swimmer
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Well looky looky will wonders ever cease? image
  • Nope. Asked what the wizard would say......... Say, could this be the horse of a different color?
    Don't you know that it's worth
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
    So tell us Mr Swimmer, how do you sleep at night when you sell all that artificially toned junk to gullible ebayers? Hmmm? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • It's been great fun - I gotta finish reading about MJ's 40th and get some shut-eye!
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
  • image Hey Alan, what is your reserve on the PCGS 65 1886 MSD with the left obverse rainbow?

UH, OH! MY BAD. Wrong Doctor. It is bbycoin which has the PCGS65 1886 bait coin for sale!
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how messages get sent to people and they show up. Wonder how that happens?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Well Toady...errhhh....aswimmer.....STILL waiting.

GSAGUY
  • Follow the yellow brick road
    Alan Swimmer
  • I wonder if Mr. Swimmer could reveal his formula and how he keeps unsuspecting buyers so happy.
  • Ok, I am back. Fat and happy.

Albert
  • And, do you use the same cook book formula on all coins??
  • I am lost, are you talking to me?

Albert
    Well Mr Swimmer, I am glad you finally came out from your alias. Now I hope I have your full and undivided attention.

You are a SCUMBAG seller. You are a fraud and a thief. I will ask this question again, how do you sleep at night when you take $20 coins, bake them, and put them on eBay and sell to unsuspecting new collectors? Does this make you feel good? In case I haven't got my point across to you, in my opinion, you are as SLEAZY as they come.

And please, spare me the obligatory lawsuit threats. Alan Hager hasn't sued me yet, so you will have to get into line.

SCUMBAG image
  • I am not aswimmer and I wish you would quit associating me with him just becasue I expressed my dislike for your vigilante tactics. I am in no way associated with him or in aggreement with anything he does to doctor coins as I said before.

Albert
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Toad's not a chemist.
    But wait a minute, he has good feedback. Figure maybe all these id's might help that feedback a little?
  • Why in earth would you come out with that statement?

Albert
    Toad, when you come on here acting like a bigshot DR. saying you work at Berkely and proven as a liar right off the bat, you have no credibility here. That's why I say that.
  • I was not talking to you. And I am not bigshot believe me, I am just a bookish middle aged man , nothing special.
  • you have no proof that I am a liar, well I did lie about my name, that I have to do , could impact my job. Otherwise I have lied about nothing else. At least I have told people what I do unlike the rest of you who talk allot but say nothing.
  • nite nite
    Guess now that toady is saying night night aswimmer will reappear. What a riot! image
  • Well Alan, Aswimmer, Toadstool1. You are all sick! You will lose out pretty soon when everyone is sick of the thousands and thousands of coins that are ruined by you and your kind and the market is so saturated with your crap that no one will buy them any more. image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    I just got through reading this entertaining thread.... And now I must speak.... I worked 17 years for a company that was at the forefront of science and technology related to oxide growth on silicon. Throughout my years many metals were used for their conductivity, gold, silver, and the very latest technology in the metal stack is copper. This company did not run based on some collage proffessors with the very intelligent name of Toadstool to determine how to grow a high quality very very thin oxide as a Gate layer. This company makes science, I held a range of positions with them, one being a senior process person. It was my busniess to know how to grow a high quality oxide with different process variants. We were, and still are, at the forefront of technology.... Now i know this discussion is about some little oven and some readly purchased chemicals. Would these be the chemicals I would use for this project? Hardly, but, it is extremely foolish and ignorant to say that these chemicals in a heated chamber will not cause some type of reaction to the Silver surface of a coin and produce some type of coloring whether it be pleasant or not. Does anyone remember MadMarty's thread on toning a Kennedy with a potato? He got results in a heated chamber, albeit very ugly ones......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I hope nobody actually thinks this "aswimmer" that just appeared is really the eBay seller we've been discussing. More likely it's an existing forum member doing a little trolling. Wouldn't be the first time a well-known member decided to play this childish little game.

Russ, NCNE

Russ,

I wondered the same thing about aswimmer showing up, but did you notice that he joine in March 2002? Would there be any way for someone just signing on to fake the sign up date?

GSAGUY

Perhaps he was flamed in the past and signed on to monitor the fire.
  • That may be true, I was not considering temperatures outside the normal . I am sure that at temperatures even higher than 500 you could get some sortof discoloration even is it was a stain and not a layer of thin film. I was looking at the compounds at room temp plus or minus 50 degrees.

Albert

<< <i>That may be true, I was not considering temperatures outside the normal . I >>

Not is it maybe, it is true with 100% certiantity. When you saw the post about the oven and the chemicals why would you not consider temperature when clearly the assumption in that post was that the oven in question was being used?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • When I originally saw the first request for information on possible affect that the 7 chemicals would have on silver I did not see anything about specific temperatures. I did see the info later about the oven. I must say that you could take almost anything and put it on silver and heat it so much that is stains the metal or affixes to it, but it would be a stroke of luck that any of these or the compounds in question would produce the chemical reaction that we are looking for. That was more my point, sure you can get color but not the kind that produces the thin layer of metal salts being deposited on the surface. If you can tell me how any of those 7 chemical can do that in any combination at any temperature then I will be enlightened.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    HepKitty - you go girl

It would be a stroke of luck if heating some of these chemicals caused a noxious fume incapacitating the perpetrator Or if the chemicals caused a large enough explosion to put the AT business out-of-business!
    What I am telling you is a reaction would and will occur. I think this person aswimmer is clueless and it seems that alot of this may be expermentation on his part with over the counter type chemicals.

<< <i> but it would be a stroke of luck that any of these or the compounds in question would produce the chemical reaction that we are looking for. That was more my point, sure you can get color but not the kind that produces the thin layer of metal salts being deposited on the surface. >>

Are you sure? Have you conducted your own scientific experments? If so elighten all of us with your expert findings.... I for one would not use these chemicals, but I cannot comment on the outcome as I haven't baked any coins in a controlled envoriment, a envoriment that controls temp, time and gas distribution with the particular chemicals involved and I serious doubt you have either.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"

<< <i>When I originally saw the first request for information on possible affect that the 7 chemicals would have on silver I did not see anything about specific temperatures. I did see the info later about the oven. >>

Gee thats odd, anyone who reads this thread can goto the 1st page and clearly see that where all the items are listed the very first ebay link is to the oven.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    Thank you Lucy for pointing this out. Without putting anything on the coin, if you were to put it on the hotplate and crank it up to 500c that would cause the surfaces to change color. I forgot about the hot potatoe experiment too. image
    Be-bop-this-clown's-lula Lucy!!! If this weren't so serious, it'd be funny.

Thanks!

GSAGUY
  • My question here is......when Sinin1 made the comment on gaseous fumes. Lucy came back with have you tried it please enlighten
    us with your finding. I am sorry Lucy if I took that out of context. But her reply is what I think this whole thread has gotton to.
    We see a list of chemicals and an oven and take the next. But have any of us tried these either by them selves in combo. If Not, then how do know what end result will be? I would like to a thread based somewhat on this idea of what chemicals are known to be used and in what way?

I am know going to go and duck image

Fred
    Buy the best you can afford the first time around.

Fred
  • Quoting from Toadstool1: "I don't know about toned coins..." 'Nuff said. Anyone believing that those coins are natural toning "...don't know about toned coins ..."

Another ebay creep, going for a qucik buck at the expense of the inexperienced.
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
    My reply was in response to this Toad person....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Lucy,

You had some pictures awhile back on some mean running machines. Wow.
    How do you have anything left for your Frankies? image

Fred
    Buy the best you can afford the first time around.

Fred
  • Fred, you probably feel the same way most people would as you duck; that the risk/reward ratio for most of us would be tilted too strongly to risk. If most folks haven't dealt with the chemicals, especially at high temps, even if you are experimenting with junk silver, you don'r know what's gonna happen to you, let alone the coin! I feel that there can only be one logical reason to attempt such "experiments" and that would be to profit from them, thereby increasing the reward side of the ratio. Just a thought.....
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!

<< <i>How do you have anything left for your Frankies? >>

well the little itty bitty Semiconductor company was very good to me.... Although things have tightened up considerably with the beating I have taken in the stock market..... One day, this little itty bitty obscure company will rebound......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • BTW - Lucy, as a new member, I'm flattered to be in a thread with such a hep-kat kitty..you da bomb baby!
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!

<< <i> I'm flattered to be in a thread with such a hep-kat kitty..you da bomb baby! >>

Be Bop A Lula!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • If motivated enough, here is a simple way to cause aswimmer some cramps, send an email to his bidders with a link to this posting, just head the email with "FYI about tonned coins"image
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
    SMOOCH!

"Holy Highjacked threads Batman, the HepKitty has done it again!"
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • LMAO!!!!...and blushing a bit...
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
  • CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    i use to know instructors in california, they use to bake toadstools in the oven, and then smoke themimage
    Earth to dwood, earth to dwood, earth to dwood.... come in dwood!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file