Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who here has a old muscle car?

Koolman2005Koolman2005 Posts: 1,170
This is what i want but maybe an older one (my dad had one):

1968 Baracuda

i lie this car ut i dont know if i am gonna have the money to get one (if i find one) bcause i also want an expedition and i cat have both.. i really want a fast car ith a 350 in it.. i mght get a 350 and put it n my 85 camaro but i dont know. if you hav a pic f he car u got post thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ttt
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I still had, or had a pic around, of my 87 Monte. Wasn't the SS but still a big 2 door, 2 velour sofa, v8 luxury sport land yacht.

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Couple of my biggest regrets, selling my '69 Dodge Superbee (cause needed $ for hospital bills) and my '70 Cuda (cause it was 6-cylinder and who wanted that!)

@MisterTim1962 My dearly departed cousin had the same '72 Roadrunner and we had many a great time in it.

Sadly I don't have any left other than a couple engines: '69 383 and '59 331 hemi, sitting in my garage.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I have a 70 mustang convertible and 66 Corvair convertible, one muscle car. just no pictures and I'm not sure why I don't

love seeing the others though

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Very nice pics. My dream car is a 1969 Pontiac GTO. The closest I will ever come is the Hot Wheels on my dresser.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to work on a car tv show where we rebuilt cars. One episode, we were shooting at a garage in an industrial park and put a 572 in a '69 Road Runner. When the owner took it out on the street on reveal day to do a power brake (it was the weekend), the engine created such reverberation that a building alarm went off down the street.

That was a first for us.

Arthur

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

which tv show?

I used to watch them

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2022 3:49PM

Ok so not an older muscle car but a good example of modern American muscle. Was at the time the fastest sedan ever around the Nurburgring. M5 killer.

2012 CTS-V 550hp LSA stock. Was planning to use it as a donor for a Camaro build but like it too much:

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    Ok so not an older muscle car but a good example of modern American muscle. Was at the time the fastest sedan ever around the Nurburgring. M5 killer.

2012 CTS-V 550hp LSA stock. Was planning to use it as a donor for a Camaro build but like it too much:

Those are very underrated and overlooked as modern muscle cars go. Pretty much a Corvette with a Cadillac body.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, they are getting lots of love these days but were flying under the radar pre pamdemic.

@swish54 said:

@80sOPC said:

Those are very underrated and overlooked as modern muscle cars go. Pretty much a Corvette with a Cadillac body.

• Options

This my 1968 coronet .

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EldoEsq said:
    I have 2...not true muscle cars I guess,,but they have big engines that suck down gas quicker than I can fill the tanks!

Nice Vette! Is that a 79? Kind of a guess, I can't see the whole car in the pic. I had an 82 vette. Downsized to just an 07 Vette now.

Robert

• Options
    charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

1959 Peugeot 403 Cabriolet

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 67 Mercury Cougar XR7 GT in my mind if that counts.

• Options
    EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2022 9:18PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@EldoEsq said:
    I have 2...not true muscle cars I guess,,but they have big engines that suck down gas quicker than I can fill the tanks!

Nice Vette! Is that a 79? Kind of a guess, I can't see the whole car in the pic. I had an 82 vette. Downsized to just an 07 Vette now.

Robert

Close...77! I always preferred the flat back to the bubble glass!

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

This old boat is available locally and although not a muscle car per say it has a nice look (I like how the back end looks) and looks like it has potential.

From the ad

71 Buick Rivera GS , 455 big block with 47, 959 miles.
    Been in storage for many many yrs. Surely it needs some kind of work after sitting for 30 yrs in dry storage. Some minor rust spots but nothing major. Cash or trade $7200.

Love the beer bottles on the passenger side floor. :D

• Options
    edited January 8, 2022 10:45AM

@jay0791 said:
    which tv show?

I used to watch them

It was called Overhaulin'. I know we were on the Discovery Network of channels, think it was TLC? This was 15 years ago. We actually set up a tent in the parking lot of the SEMA show in Vegas and filmed a live episode with bleachers so people could come in and watch whenever they wanted. I think they found that it's mostly hurry up and wait.

Arthur

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Yup, that car has a great look. For $7,200, you'd think the guy would wash it! Hard to appreciate it in that condition.

• Options

@MisterTim1962 said:
    Yup, that car has a great look. For $7,200, you'd think the guy would wash it! Hard to appreciate it in that condition.

Exactly. Obviously near impossible to tell condition by the pics but from what I can see I think that would clean up nicely and would certainly help it sell.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Arthur

That was a great show. Chip foose would design a resto and the car would be Removed from the unsuspecting owner such as a pretend theft. Then car/owner reunited to a big surprise. I saw many episodes. Always delivered an awesome car. The paint was usually the story. A ton of work done in very little time.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@EldoEsq said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@EldoEsq said:

Robert

Ahh nice! The last year of the flat back C3's! The C3's are definitely my favorite! I'm thinking of getting one again (wife's permission pending lol), I've always liked the 68 model, I like the chrome bumpers and it's unique push button door knobs!

• Options

@Barfvader said:
    This old boat is available locally and although not a muscle car per say it has a nice look (I like how the back end looks) and looks like it has potential.

From the ad

71 Buick Rivera GS , 455 big block with 47, 959 miles.
    Been in storage for many many yrs. Surely it needs some kind of work after sitting for 30 yrs in dry storage. Some minor rust spots but nothing major. Cash or trade $7200.

Love the beer bottles on the passenger side floor. :D

Those boat tails are awesome! Good luck with sale!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

Those boat tails are awesome! Good luck with sale!

Cars not mine. If I had the money and a garage I would be tempted on this one but more important things like keeping warm, food and bracing for the 83% supply rate hike that our electricity provider managed to get approved last year.

• Options
    EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@EldoEsq said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@EldoEsq said:

Robert

Ahh nice! The last year of the flat back C3's! The C3's are definitely my favorite! I'm thinking of getting one again (wife's permission pending lol), I've always liked the 68 model, I like the chrome bumpers and it's unique push button door knobs!

68 is a personal favorite...the later C3's are very reasonable $$$wise though. Both my 77 vette and the 72 LTD cost me less than 9k combined! I dont like spending alot on cars, I like to drive them and dont want to feel too bad if something gets damaged!

• Options

@jay0791 said:
    Arthur

That was a great show. Chip foose would design a resto and the car would be Removed from the unsuspecting owner such as a pretend theft. Then car/owner reunited to a big surprise. I saw many episodes. Always delivered an awesome car. The paint was usually the story. A ton of work done in very little time.

Yeah, that's the one. We would shoot an episode in 7 days, take 1 day to clean up/restock food/change out any branding differences for the next episode, and then shoot another episode in 7 days. Rinse, repeat. Do that for maybe 3-4 episodes and then pack up everything and move to a new garage and rebuild the set for the next 3-4 episodes (also done on the 1 day off).

I literally lived in a hotel for a year and a half. Luckily, so did the rest of the crew so it was sort of like an extended college period just without the learning.

Arthur

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:

@jay0791 said:
    Arthur

Yeah, that's the one. We would shoot an episode in 7 days, take 1 day to clean up/restock food/change out any branding differences for the next episode, and then shoot another episode in 7 days. Rinse, repeat. Do that for maybe 3-4 episodes and then pack up everything and move to a new garage and rebuild the set for the next 3-4 episodes (also done on the 1 day off).

I literally lived in a hotel for a year and a half. Luckily, so did the rest of the crew so it was sort of like an extended college period just without the learning.

Arthur

GREAT SHOW!!!!
    PSA 11 in my book!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

@jay0791 said:
    Arthur

Arthur

GREAT SHOW!!!!
    PSA 11 in my book!!!!

Haha awesome, thanks for the kind words. I was in a few episodes. Don't remember the exact number but we had to set up a fake customs location and I was in the background with a sniffing dog going through an old VW van while my buddy sat on the ground and I berated him. They actually had me mic'ed up but the stuff I was saying couldn't be used on regular cable TV.

Arthur

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland Fabulous!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    My brother Doug with our families old 68 GTO 350. Sold way to early.

And one of my favs 86 Dodge OMNI GLH-S, 1 of 500 made.

Dude those Omni's could fly. I raced one on Interstate 95 back in the 90's in my 944.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2022 10:24AM

Just sold it 2004 Monte Carlo Dale Earnhardt Jr.Gas Guzzler.
    Now own a 2012 Mustang 305 hp no pictures yet.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

Dale did a commercial back in the day, it shows him flying down a hill on a country road at about 120.
    It looks insane!

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

@PastaBoy said:
    Couple of my biggest regrets, selling my '69 Dodge Superbee (cause needed $ for hospital bills) and my '70 Cuda (cause it was 6-cylinder and who wanted that!)

@MisterTim1962 My dearly departed cousin had the same '72 Roadrunner and we had many a great time in it.

Sadly I don't have any left other than a couple engines: '69 383 and '59 331 hemi, sitting in my garage.

Had a 1969 Superbee as well, blue, 4 speed, 383 magnum. Pegged the speedo past the 150 mark. Fun car.
    3 to 6 mpg. Wife made me sell it.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I think my biggest regret was selling my 62 Ford galaxy sunliner convertible .350 bps .I put too much money on the car and needed $3000 or more to fix my electrical system.
    No money at the time.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I don't have an old muscle car, but have a newer one coming soon....stay tuned, will post pics once it's finally in my driveway

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have two, 1968 Oldsmobile 442 and a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    CentauriCentauri Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:
    1966 Chevelle mailbu 454 bored .030 over 990 heads with 2.25" intake and 1.88" exhaust valves.
    11.25:1 compression, 4.11:1 12 bolt posi rear end. Edelbrock air gap intake and hooker SS competition headers.
    Aluminum pro stock radiator with electric and mechanical fan.
    She can roast rubber at 50mph.

I’ve never seen this car, but i swear I can hear it as I type this message!

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

As stated, not an old one but picked up my first muscle car on Saturday. 2016 Mustang GT Premium, with a full Stage 3 Roush performance upgrade. She needs a bath after traveling to PA from FL through the snow storm.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

That Stang is BAD! Very cool!

• Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Awesome.... from one passion to another.