Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If aliens landed on earth and brought all our missing rare coins back to us?

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
What the heck, every other "If" question has been asked up to now??????
A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Wouldn't matter. If the disease hadn't gotten to me, the meteor would've wiped me out. image
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    imageimage

TRUTH
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Ya,What did I do with my 1804 dollar,and my 1913 V nickel....hmmmm must be with my extremely high relief
    1907(roman numerals)Double Eagle and my rolls of BU 1877 IHCs,and rolls of BU.... 1916 D dimes.Or could they be with my BU rolls of 1909 S VDBs ?hmmm.oh well.image
  • Options
    jtrykajtryka Posts: 797
    Would they bring Elvis back too?
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    If so,tell em to bring Jimi too.
  • Options
    I just saw on the news that a doctor claims that Elvis is not dead and he is a patient of his. He practiced in the Kansas City area. The doctor claims that Elvis wanted to go into hiding because of his drug and alcohol problems. He took a grainy photo of the person but they tried to do an eye imaging scan of it but it wasn't clear enough to compare with an older Elvis photo. The doctor said Elvis chose 2002 as the year to announce that he was not dead. He even said the marker on the grave was intentionally made to spell his middle name wrong to indicate that he was not buried there. The doctor said another man was but in the casket and that the facial features were made to look like Elvis. Can't verify the claim since he is still "hiding".
    Anyhow back to the question, if aliens brought back a lot of old coins, that would cause a panic in the numismatic world as coin dealers dump their collections at a fraction of the cost. The aliens seize upon the opportunity to accumulate all of the dumped coins and buy out even more coins and then leave the planet with their massive hoard.
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    gemseeker,

That doctor was on local radio here a couple of times. He even had Elvis call in... he's supposedly going by the name Jesse now, his dead twin's name. He made arrangements to come to the studios in Cleveland, but he stood them up. Gee, I wonder why? image

Clark
    NMFB ™

• Options
    RLinnRLinn Posts: 596
    They have! They're called the US Mint. Just give them a call and they will stamp out a few more of whatever you misplaced and if your lucky they will even give you a certificate "monitizing" the new ...errrrr 'scuse me...old coin.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Would they bring Elvis back too?

I think they already did. Elvis has a new hit song that plays on the radio here alot these days. Its pretty good, too!
    Matt
  • Options
    Has anybody else noticed how all those crop circles look like a bunch of coins? image Coincidence? I think not!

-Dan

proof
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those discs are not flying "saucers". My guess is moderns or capped dies. K
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would tell the aliens that I was Fred.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha , why would you resurrect this old thread? What could you have possibly been searching for, and I'm sorry I wasn't around back then. Lol

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya' never can tell if you'll get ET or the Alien. If it's the latter, they might not be coming here to bring back coins, but rather to eat them!!!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Man from Krypton offers to grade all alien-returned coins.

Superman first to offer "x-ray grading".

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would aliens have missing coins? How did they get them? OK... I guess I am too rational....Time to go shooting and clear the mind... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is more probable that the "poltergeist' that I dealt with as a child has my missing coins :smile:
    Whenever I was missing something my mother would tell me that the 'friendly, mischievous' poltergeist must have taken it :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 7:02AM

I think a time machine would be better. I'd take all my coins back to the "green label era" and re-grade all of them!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    KoinlinkKoinlink Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 7:12AM

@ms70 said:
    I think a time machine would be better. I'd take all my coins back to the "green label era" and re-grade all of them!

LOL... And invest in Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.....

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

The aliens are already here.

Larry

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

They landed in China all kind's of rare coins coming out of there now.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Why would aliens have missing coins? How did they get them? OK... I guess I am too rational....Time to go shooting and clear the mind... :D:D Cheers, RickO

Most of the coins were beamed up via Epson scanners.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2017 1:32PM

@ldhair said:
    The aliens are already here.

My family has documentation from both Kenya and Uranus.
    But I "pass" as Bluish

Go with it, Andy B)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

My dimes are from Mercury.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must've seen the Close Encounters of the Third Kind 40th anniversary re-release. Just got home from seeing it myself.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BruceS said:
    Ha ha , why would you resurrect this old thread?__ What could you have possibly been searching for__, and I'm sorry I wasn't around back then. Lol

I just posted a quote from Bill Nye, the Science Guy. A manipulative observation that "The DNA of alternate-universe hypotheses degenerates as it eccentricates".

Dr. irwin Corey was working on the math for the General Unified Theory of Devolution when he died. :'(

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful!

Remember the aliens are just coming here "To Serve Man".

Avoid all microwaves and ovens.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't cook without a microwave. I would starve.

Larry

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had something worse than a poltergeist! You name it and stuff came up missing for years. We were doing some work in our kitchen and found a stash of all the missing items under our kitchen cabinets. It even included some of out kids shoes! The guilty party you ask? A pair of pet ferrets we had!

@1630Boston said:
    I think it is more probable that the "poltergeist' that I dealt with as a child has my missing coins :smile:
    Whenever I was missing something my mother would tell me that the 'friendly, mischievous' poltergeist must have taken it :smile:

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

The aliens are returning all the coins they thought were breath mints, from the "Need a Penny, take a Penny" tray at the local 7-11 They did come back for more Slurpees though...something about the 'brain freeze' and time traveling.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file