Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If a meteor were about to hit the planet.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd put a nice steak on the grill...................................I wouldn't need to light it :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd hug my wife........forever! <3

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob0126 said:
    I would go outside, and wait to be with the Lord.

Robert

Oh, one of the those cults eh

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... it did not happen.... and so we continue.... although, the Open Forum did vaporize.... :'( Some great names on this 16 year old thread....I somehow missed it back then....was busy working at that time...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG...LOL..

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 2002 .... I was just getting back “in” to coins after a 25 year break.
    Today, if a meteor hit,.... I’d be getting out of coins just about everything I put into them. Enjoyment. And how time flies.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

It's not a Planet Killer but a Chinese Space Station is coming down soon. Watch out for this one.

http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2018/03/space_agency_provides_update_o.html

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll ponder the answer to that while I'm hurling 67,000 mph around the sun and another 1040 mph in rotation while I'm sitting on a core of potentially exploding molten rock. And there are other things to fear....like hurricanes, tornadoes, a nuclear holocaust or an ungodly person living next door who could go on a killing spree any second........ Thinking about it, a direct hit by a meteor doesn't really sound all that bad of a way to go.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Well... it did not happen.... and so we continue.... although, the Open Forum did vaporize.... :'( Some great names on this 16 year old thread....I somehow missed it back then....was busy working at that time...Cheers, RickO

As with energy, the Open Forum can neither be created nor destroyed. It lives on in a parallel universe.

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, the solar system, including the ort cloud, occilates in the plane of the galaxy like a sine wave on an oscilloscope. It takes 65-75 million years to go from the top of the wave to the bottom, and when it passes though the plane of the galaxy, there is a more likely occurrence of an ort cloud object being pushed towards the inner planets. The last time the solar system was in the plane of the galaxy, an asteroid hit the planet wiping out the dinosaurs.

Pretty soon, we’ll be back in the plane of the galaxy. Maybe a few million years. I wonder what gold will be worth then.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@truthteller said:
    and you had moments to live, how many of you would still be reading and writing the threads on this forum?

TRUTH

I'd be looking for a thread about advice on how to take my coins with me.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

First convert your Coins and every speck of anything into bitcoin. Bitcoin is more or less a Spirit - it can go anywhere at the speed of light. Anywhere You go, bitcoin will be there with you.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike said:
    First convert your Coins and every speck of anything into bitcoin. Bitcoin is more or less a Spirit - it can go anywhere at the speed of light. Anywhere You go, bitcoin will be there with you.

Right through a "wormhole" to safety - i like that suggestion! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file