Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

im heading out

ok guys im heading out on the train in the am. I will be at the convention hopefully bye 11am for scott travers speech then im off across the bourse the rest of tomorrow. I will have my seasons of the dead tshirt (tyed dye blue white and) on and also a redskins hat (backwards). Saturday morning im heading out early to check out the flea markets, but i will be back by 12 noon. I will then haunt the bourse until 6ish when I am heading off to the garden for the Who. I may wander the bourse also sunday morn before I leave. I will be attempting to take tons of digital and reg pics so hopefully all will have something to look at.

I will report back Sunday afternoon.

PPS: i will be sreading alot and i mean alot of old coinage around the hospitality court. I will be spending morgans and barbers and all kinds of stuff, nothing spec, but sure to raise an eyebrow.

have a nice weekend all.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    To heck with the coins ... The Who! Already have my Paul McCartney tickets for October....
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun, plus I've always wanted to meet that Scott Travers guy.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    Have fun Bill. image
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Coins and rock and roll. A man after my own heart.
    I saw The Who twice when both John and Keith were still alive. The best two rock concerts I have ever seen. No question.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Never cared much for The Who, but have a great time anyways, Bill! Be sure to bring us all back a little something. image
    Matt
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Who?? Wow!! I want a full report!

(Oh, yeah. Tell us about the Bourse, too!) image
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020 10:01AM

WOW! The Who in concert on Saturday night! The lovely Mrs. Hydrants favorite band. We've booked our airline flight and so early Friday morning it's off to the Big Apple for us. We don't have tickets for the concert so we'll just hope for the best. The concert is in New York city isn't it? Sure hope so. Gonna be a BLAST!

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    WOW! The Who in concert on Saturday night! The lovely Mrs. Hydrants favorite band. We've booked our airline flight and so early Friday morning it's off to the Big Apple for us. We don't have tickets for the concert so we'll just hope for the best. The concert is in New York city isn't it? Sure hope so. Gonna be a BLAST!

Thread is from 2002.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tony Bennett was still around back then.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2020 10:28AM

So........topstuf....you're saying we might be a little late to the concert? That's o.k. The Who always does a terrific encore.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

Did he pitch for the Tigers?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the real me.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone sure like to wake the dead (posts)...

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020 10:43AM

@Coinstartled said:

He still is. For a 90 something guy who left his heart behind nearly 60 years ago he gets around pretty well.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options

@TurtleCat said:
    Someone sure like to wake the dead (posts)...

Jerry Garcia is not coming back. And even if he did I no longer have the time nor the patience to endure a 72 hour love-in/concert. That was then. This is now. I'll take my chances with The Who on Saturday night.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who? When? Where? I'm confused.........

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did he ever come back?

• Options

@OKbustchaser said:

@Coinstartled said:

He still is. For a 90 something guy who left his heart behind nearly 60 years ago he gets around pretty well.

Anthony Dominick Benedetto is good but Dino Paul Crocetti was better. He was my favorite.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread alert

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

18 years, 18 minutes. What's the Big Deal?

LOL, doing it for @Insider2.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2020 11:18AM

@Hemispherical said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

Not my intention. I have somebody else in mind. I get so tired of him always getting the last laugh! At my expense. All in good fun.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

Not my intention. I have somebody else in mind. I get so tired of him always getting the last laugh! All in good fun.

Awhile back @Insider2 started a thread about old threads being resurrected and to warn others with OTA. It was/is all in good fun. :)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

Thanks, I opened this discussion and at the first sentence thought someone was getting on a train to go to the NYI Show. Then I closed it as I was not interested in a "show report." I went to that show a few times in the 70's and 80's. The last time I went was at the WTC with that bakery at the escalator. Yum, sticky coins?

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@OKbustchaser said:

@Coinstartled said:

Anthony Dominick Benedetto is good but Dino Paul Crocetti was better. He was my favorite.

Right up to the point that he and Jerry's wives couldn't get along. I wasn't nearly the fan of his later work--vocal or comedy.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss ole @pontiacinf .

He was always good to me as a new member way back in the day.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

@OKbustchaser said:

@Hydrant said:

@OKbustchaser said:

@Coinstartled said:

Right up to the point that he and Jerry's wives couldn't get along. I wasn't nearly the fan of his later work--vocal or comedy.

Agree. Joseph Levitch was a childhood favorite of mine. Later on not so much. He was geared to the kiddie audience. But.....I did like his late career performance in the movie The King of Comedy.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

YN's are now being fitted for bifocals.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

Tony Bennett is still around now.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

Yeah, I know. He will be in my town in April.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2020 10:46PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Yeah, I know. He will be in my town in April.

You always have to get in the last word. Don't you? O.k.,....... You win. I lose........ UNCLE!!!!

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hemispherical said:

Old thread alert

YN's are now being fitted for bifocals.

Too funny. I give up. For now. I'll be back.

• Options

See you in 2038!

• Options
    edited January 22, 2020 12:33AM

2038......off year presidential election cycle. You planning on running for congress in 2038? If I'm still around, which I doubt I will be, I'll volunteer. Roll up and rubber band the "Coinstartled for Congress" flyers and toss them out on lawns and dootsteps. I did it for JFK (youthful indescretion). It's the least I can do for you.

• Options

I was thinking Senate but those thirteen hour sessions with only seltzer and soy milk are grueling.

Might take a run at Numismatist of the Year by then...who knows.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... an old thread indeed... but I, and a few others, were forum members for a few years before that...Although when the 'new' software was launched in Feb, 2001.. we all started over again. Never went to a Who concert... only one I went to was Woodstock - and that was not really for the music... :D;) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file