Options
Taleruniverse revamp
Zohar
Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
Similar to @Boosibri I have been working with the various AI tools to better manage the collection built out a very elaborate collection management system with much better flow and ease of use.
I also took a stab at taking a 15 year old site to a fresh, independent, foundation that not only allows me to independently manage and edit it, it detaches me from a rigid service provider while enabling me to continously add tools and capabilities on my own. Any feedback would be appreciated as I work through this - taleruniverse.com
Habsburg Talers
TalerUniverse.com is a curated numismatic project dedicated to the silver talers, crowns, and medals of the Habsburg Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, spanning the 16th–18th centuries. The collection emphasizes historically significant issues, rare mint varieties, and high-grade NGC/PCGS examples, presented with detailed historical context, scholarly references, and high-resolution photography. TalerUniverse aims to serve both as a private collection showcase and a growing reference resource for collectors, researchers, and students of early-modern European coinage.
TalerUniverse.com is a curated numismatic project dedicated to the silver talers, crowns, and medals of the Habsburg Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, spanning the 16th–18th centuries. The collection emphasizes historically significant issues, rare mint varieties, and high-grade NGC/PCGS examples, presented with detailed historical context, scholarly references, and high-resolution photography. TalerUniverse aims to serve both as a private collection showcase and a growing reference resource for collectors, researchers, and students of early-modern European coinage.
3
Comments
Great looking website. I’m tempted to do the same and build out one of my own. With Claude code and other AI tools it’s now perfectly reasonable to disintermediate the legacy website development and platform. Well done.
Latin American Collection
Thanks Brian - If you need to spare yourself the pain happy to chat this over as I completely detached it from proprietary system working through Oracle's free hosting, building out a content management system and migrating all assets from the old site. The only final step is the domain registration which I may just leave as is as its very low cost. I used claude for the heavy lifting and chatgpt for some imaging supplements. I looked at this as a way to take on a project outside my domain of expertise and learn how to use the tool. Anything from now is gravy. The blog post as an example is now easier as I can import a word document with images straight into the site.
TalerUniverse.com is a curated numismatic project dedicated to the silver talers, crowns, and medals of the Habsburg Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, spanning the 16th–18th centuries. The collection emphasizes historically significant issues, rare mint varieties, and high-grade NGC/PCGS examples, presented with detailed historical context, scholarly references, and high-resolution photography. TalerUniverse aims to serve both as a private collection showcase and a growing reference resource for collectors, researchers, and students of early-modern European coinage.
When I’m ready to build it out I’ll definitely ask for input
Latin American Collection
Wow! I was just on your site a few weeks ago and this is much better presented, Lovely pics and would love to talk about how you used Claude to get the pics. did you get them from NGC or PCGC?
thank you. I built an entire content management system to allow me to edit the pages.
TalerUniverse.com is a curated numismatic project dedicated to the silver talers, crowns, and medals of the Habsburg Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, spanning the 16th–18th centuries. The collection emphasizes historically significant issues, rare mint varieties, and high-grade NGC/PCGS examples, presented with detailed historical context, scholarly references, and high-resolution photography. TalerUniverse aims to serve both as a private collection showcase and a growing reference resource for collectors, researchers, and students of early-modern European coinage.
Nicely done, Zohar! Congratulations.
Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors
Collector of:
Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
My Ebay