Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New app!! Looks good!

2»

Comments

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 32,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

    In my opinion, since I use a desktop, the forum layout went from an A+ to around a C.

    I understand the dilemma. CU wants it to look good on an i-phone, which I guess on that it was below par. Probably for the cost of the software, it cannot look equally good on both devices.

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Who was this update ran through before release?

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BruceS said:

    @Russell12 said:

    @BruceS said:
    As others have said, you can hide signature lines in your profile settings. Cleans it up, a little.

    Does this hide everybody's signature, or just mine?

    Everyones

    everyone's

  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This new format is painful to navigate and read. The more I use it, the more I dislike it.

    PC/Chrome user here.

  • Options

    @oih82w8 said:
    I miss the "to the top" arrow.

    quoted above is the comment(just used this for an example), below is how it reads on the new layout. Your eyes have to search to find the comment and the whole white background is giving me a headache, I feel like I just when to the eye doc and got my eyes dilated.

    "I miss the "to the top" arrow.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,..."

  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It is not good, it's bad, unsure why hosts made this change.

    Seems ill conceived.

    If you going to make a change, why not add the "disagree" emoji?

  • Options
    SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hopefully the developer hasn't cashed the check yet. There may be time to cancel it.

  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yup. Awful.

    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan, Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins, justindan, doubleeagle07

    Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

    My mind reader refuses to charge me. . . . . . .
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just noticed that while writing a post, there's a blue edit button under the post. It is blue, as if active, but clicking on it does nothing.

    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan, Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins, justindan, doubleeagle07

    Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

    My mind reader refuses to charge me. . . . . . .
  • Options
    SametsSamets Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

    Chances are, the host of performing an update to the forum back-end and the PCGS skin didn't load back. So what we're seeing is the default view.

  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭

    This is bad. The old system you could easily navigate to other PCGS pages and links. Now I have to open them in new tabs. Looks like someone at CU was sold a bag of BS.

    Gene

    Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

    Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭

    @Samets said:
    Chances are, the host of performing an update to the forum back-end and the PCGS skin didn't load back. So what we're seeing is the default view.

    I hope you are correct.

  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭

    Another issue here is the deafening silence from PCGS. They should acknowledge the posts in this thread and explain how they plan to address the issues.

  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭

    I guess the advantage of being gone for 5 years is I can't remember what the old site looked like...lol

  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cinque1543 said:
    Another issue here is the deafening silence from PCGS. They should acknowledge the posts in this thread and explain how they plan to address the issues.

    There was a post by PCGS in one of the other complaint threads.

  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Who remembers the day these boards were not even available? We only had newspapers and magazines. No computers. No nothin'. Now, thanks to the voluntary death of dinosaurs thousands of years ago, we have oil that powers our generators and our homes. It wasn't long ago, back in the 1930s, only one household in three had a bathtub. Back in the 1950s, no household had a computer, and the TVs were in black and white.
    Now we have it all, and we complain that a beloved forum was slightly changed to keep up with the current times?
    We need more gratitude and less rancor.

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GuzziSport said:
    This site now has all the look
    and feel of a site that ONLY runs by inserting a pirated AOL 3.5” diskette into an IBM 386.

    Thought i had a good thing until they found them 2 ware houses full of them 😭

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don’t know. I’m reserving judgement. Your sigline takes up most of the page on my iPhone.

    It will surely limit my participation. But that’s a good thing.

  • Options
    HalfDimeHalfDime Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This on a PC is like driving a Corvette for a few years and then getting handed a VW bug.

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There always seems to that one who goes against the grain in most groups who likes to stir the pot, even when there is nothing in it to stir.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @fastfreddie said:
    It's almost like eBay rolled this out ...lol

    Everyone hates it except two here!

    Conspiracies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file