Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New app!! Looks good!

BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll try and be 1st to say wow, this changed before my eyes...I like it!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager, blu62vette, morgan13, torinoCobra71, JWP, promethius88,
«1

Comments

  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

    On the mobile it's so much nicer.

    eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager, blu62vette, morgan13, torinoCobra71, JWP, promethius88,
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Next you'll only be able to use the app on a mobile.

    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭

    The two buttons on the right (see red box in photo below) don’t do anything when I press them. Same true for you? Am viewing the site in the Safari browser on iPhone.

    Also, where did the “mark all as viewed” option go?

  • Options
    jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cinque1543 said:
    The two buttons on the right (see red box in photo below) don’t do anything when I press them. Same true for you? Am viewing the site in the Safari browser on iPhone.

    Also, where did the “mark all as viewed” option go?

    On desktop, those two buttons don't do anything either.

    "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BruceS said:
    I'll try and be 1st to say wow, this changed before my eyes...I like it!

    Can you take a pic of how it looks on a pc monitor.
    On mine it's laughable.

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options

    This new look feels very dated. Most new looks involve moving from a white screen to a dark screen for many reasons, mostly that users chose dark mode over light mode in huge numbers.

    Llamas and alpacas are camels. They aren't like camels, or related. They are camels. When was anyone going to tell me this?! How long had Bill Nye been holding out on us?

  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭

    @cinque1543 said:
    The two buttons on the right (see red box in photo below) don’t do anything when I press them. Same true for you? Am viewing the site in the Safari browser on iPhone.

    Also, where did the “mark all as viewed” option go?

    Can anyone on a Chrome or Brave browser confirm whether the above buttons work? At the moment, the new look seems buggy.

  • Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is there an app I don't know about? Do you just mean on mobile?

  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cinque1543 said:
    Can anyone on a Chrome or Brave browser confirm whether the above buttons work? At the moment, the new look seems buggy.

    Chrome here, they don't work for me.

  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This sucks I quit!

    :D>:)

  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I tried to edit a post in BST and it does not allow that. The wheel icon is there but nothing happens. No longer able to edit to mark a sold item.

  • Options
    cinque1543cinque1543 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:
    I don't mind it. Everyone hates change.

    It’s not about liking or disliking change. At the moment, a number of functions seem not to work. For example, in Safari browser on iOS and Mac, I see no functional buttons that allow me to locate my own posts, mark all posts as “viewed”, etc, etc.

    There are non-functional buttons that perhaps offer these features, but as others in this thread have confirmed, the buttons don’t work. Do they work for you? If yes, what type of device (eg, laptop, smartphone), operating system (eg, macOS, Windows, Android) and browser (eg, Chrome, Safari) are you using?

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 43,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cinque1543 said:

    @jmlanzaf said:
    I don't mind it. Everyone hates change.

    It’s not about liking or disliking change. At the moment, a number of functions seem not to work. For example, in Safari browser on iOS and Mac, I see no functional buttons that allow me to locate my own posts, mark all posts as “viewed”, etc, etc.

    There are non-functional buttons that perhaps offer these features, but as others in this thread have confirmed, the buttons don’t work. Do they work for you? If yes, what type of device (eg, laptop, smartphone), operating system (eg, macOS, Windows, Android) and browser (eg, Chrome, Safari) are you using?

    And I'm sure they'll be fixed. I'm referring to people hating the look and feel.

    All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.

  • Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

    @jacrispies said:

    @cinque1543 said:
    The two buttons on the right (see red box in photo below) don’t do anything when I press them. Same true for you? Am viewing the site in the Safari browser on iPhone.

    On desktop, those two buttons don't do anything either.

    On my screen, they're not even on the same line.

  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MilesWaits said:
    Sucks.

    In so many ways!

    If it's not broken, don't fix it!

    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:
    I don't mind it. Everyone hates change.

    Well the quote function works. I picked your post to quote because this is actually a familiar layout for PCGS. I believe this might be the third time we have seen this, or something very similar to this, as the layout for the PCGS message boards. If I recall correctly the other two times were when they were building out the backend and this became the skin for the boards for a few days. There was an outcry then as well, since really this is an awful user interface we are currently on, but in those two cases we were back to our familiar layout quite quickly. My guess would be one of those times was 2016.

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

    In the past, whenever there’s been a major layout change, it seems like a bunch of users just drop out…
    No big deal.
    Even if they almost completely gut this forum, there’ll still be
    3 or 4 die hards here, banging away.

  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Don't care for the new look and can't edit posts. -1

  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll try and be 1st to say damn, this change sucks...I don't like it!

    Looks like several others beat me to it!

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Gotta be a screw up by the forum software. I'm on Chrome - Desk top - and no, the wheel icon and the 3 dot circle do not work.

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Steven59 said:
    Gotta be a screw up by the forum software. I'm on Chrome - Desk top - and no, the wheel icon and the 3 dot circle do not work.

    I clicked on the little gear to edit a post I made. Nothing happened. Make sure you proofread your comments before you post them.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Anyone else having trouble with the edit button?

  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @johnny9434 said:
    Anyone else having trouble with the edit button?

    Yes, I posted the same thing last night. Can't use Edit feature. Makes BST interesting since you can't edit for things sold.

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The computer version is ok, the phone version...I'm not digging it.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As others have said, you can hide signature lines in your profile settings. Cleans it up, a little.

    eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager, blu62vette, morgan13, torinoCobra71, JWP, promethius88,
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Definitely NOT a fan using the desktop.

    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BruceS said:
    As others have said, you can hide signature lines in your profile settings. Cleans it up, a little.

    Does this hide everybody's signature, or just mine?

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I miss the "to the top" arrow.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yuck.

    End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All of Us
    ANA LM, LSCC, EAC, FUN

  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

    chalk one up for AI

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Russell12 said:

    @BruceS said:
    As others have said, you can hide signature lines in your profile settings. Cleans it up, a little.

    Does this hide everybody's signature, or just mine?

    Everyones

    eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager, blu62vette, morgan13, torinoCobra71, JWP, promethius88,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file