Home U.S. Coin Forum

Show Those Die Cracks - Any Coin With A Special Die Crack(s) or Just A Die Crack(s) That You Like?

lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

So does anyone have a coin with a special die crack or should I say one that you just like a little more maybe?

I had a decent 50c 1832 for the date set but when I viewed this one I kind of liked the thick die crack (die state book calls it a die break) on the reverse. So now I have another 1832. :) While I really like the half itself, the reverse die crack may have been the 'seller' for me. I know some don't like them. ;)

I tried to get a picture showing the depth (and width) of the die crack. Also the rough side-edge of it. Had to use the cell phone for this as the snap-o'matic doesn't like the extra close ups. :/ I think the one that is not as close up may be better as the closer one loses a little definition.

Used the snap-o'matic to try and get a decent picture of the obverse and reverse. Had to play around with the positioning of stuff a little. I think it came out okay and captures some of the coin features. :)
Oh, I was lazy again and no cropping. So some slab junk.

So any die cracked coins that others like?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file