Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fastest Shipping of any Auction Company,,,,,,,,

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2, 2024 12:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I won 4 coins in yesterday's Great Collections Auction. I just received notice that they have shipped,,,,,,, less than 24 hours.

Way to go Great Collections.

Here is one of the coins that I won:
Do you think that it will sticker?

GrandAm :)

Comments

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in NorCal and often have my shipments by Wednesday after the Sunday close.

I gave up predicting stickers long ago but that’s a beautiful Morgan.

Tim

• raysrays Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

67 is a rarefied atmosphere.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    I live in NorCal and often have my shipments by Wednesday after the Sunday close.

Tim

That long? Also NorCal and I nearly always have mine on Tuesday.

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

My fastest was the last Heritage auction (ANA Sunday afternoon auction).
    Won a couple in the Sunday late afternoon Heritage auction.
    Got a notice on Monday they had shipped.
    Had the package in hand on Tuesday morning (before noon).
    As I stated previously I thought of Pat Travers and Boom Boom Out Go The Lights (doesn't match the song but liked the song phrase/line, Oh and the screeching guitar).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wednesday in Texas.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Collections shipping is very fast.

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@pointfivezero said:

Tim

That long? Also NorCal and I nearly always have mine on Tuesday.

lol, I believe I have received a couple on Tuesday but Wednesday is more common.

Tim

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

GC is the best. Their responsive communication is also awesome. Others are pretty good lately, but GC is the benchmark standard IMO.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

GC is great. They basically host a clinic on how things should be done correctly for other auction houses. lol

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'm not on their preferred list, it usually takes a week to reach me, I seldom even get notification of shipping before Wed.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭

Probably Ebay sellers. Most stuff goes out the same or next day.

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do the two photos not blow up when I try to open them in a new tab to make them larger?

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

GC is just ridiculously fast.
    Been a minute since I’ve won anything from Heritage but they weren’t too shabby either.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both GC and SB are pretty fast.

• hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

@leothelyon said:
    How do the two photos not blow up when I try to open them in a new tab to make them larger?

That's what happens when you copy the image from the auction page without enlarging it first. Since the item number is provided, you can also enter it in a search bar to view the full-size photo:
    https://greatcollections.com/coin/1126092

As for if it would sticker or not, I don't think so. There is too much chatter in my opinion, notably on left/right sides of eagle, around UN(ITE)D, and elsewhere.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are enough CAC stickered coins in the GC auctions for me to assume that if a lot was not stickered it would not sticker.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:

@leothelyon said:

That's what happens when you copy the image from the auction page without enlarging it first. Since the item number is provided, you can also enter it in a search bar to view the full-size photo:
    https://greatcollections.com/coin/1126092

As for if it would sticker or not, I don't think so. There is too much chatter in my opinion, notably on left/right sides of eagle, around UN(ITE)D, and elsewhere.

My thought as well.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭

@oreville said:
    There are enough CAC stickered coins in the GC auctions for me to assume that if a lot was not stickered it would not sticker.

Over a certain price, that is a good assumption.

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

HA ships before I even pay them, but we’ve done biz many years. For me, they’re fastest, but GC isn’t far behind.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2024 6:10PM

GC is terrific but SB and HA are getting better.

Typically with GC assuming I pay Sunday I’ll usually have my coin by Tuesday. I do live pretty close to GC.

With SB and HA I’ve now been getting my coins within 7 days. HA is shipping my coins before I pay and SB may be also.

• FranklinHalfAddictFranklinHalfAddict Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be nice. Usually takes them 2 days to ship my wins. Even if I pay immediately when the invoice is available they still never ship until Tuesday.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2024 7:21PM

Yeah, they made their employees work on Labor Day!

@coinbuf Not sure why it takes them so long to get to you... I've won on Sunday and received on a Tuesday before, but almost always by Wednesday, especially if by Fedex.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ProofCollection said:
    Yeah, they made their employees work on Labor Day!

@coinbuf Not sure why it takes them so long to get to you... I've won on Sunday and received on a Tuesday before, but almost always by Wednesday, especially if by Fedex.

The likely reason is I am not bidding on high dollar coins, mine are always shipped via USPS. ;)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

SB is dropping the ball. I won a couple coins on 8/23 and paid within 24 hours. They have yet to ship. When I called, they said shipping was backed up because of “the holiday”.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me start this response stating that GC is the best. I am always happy when I win a GC auction.
    I pay the invoice on Monday morning very early and usually receive notice of shipping on Tuesday am.
    Well last weeks winnings were supposed to be here today.
    Still waiting.
    I live in Ma so it is a coast to coast shipping.
    My history says that it takes 10 days to receive my coins. Still a happy camper.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• ElectricityElectricity Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

It's a toss-up for me between HA.com and Great Collections. Both do a pretty good job of getting the coins out quickly... (only complaint for both is receiving chipped holders) I also purchase from another auction house that is VERY SLOW... had to call this week and ask what's up (it's SB BTW)

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great collections shipping rates are also very reasonable. Particularly compared to Heritage. Great service from GC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file