Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

August Acquisitions...

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold my PSA-9 copy of this card which had print fish eyes in the lettering...and recently replaced it with this PSA-8.5. Buy the card...not the holder, applies here.

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Sold my PSA-9 copy of this card which had print fish eyes in the lettering...and recently replaced it with this PSA-8.5. Buy the card...not the holder applies here.

Good approach, beautiful card. I sold my slightly tilted PSA 7 a few years ago and still regret it. lol

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@paulb71 said:

Picked up this 75 bb wax pack tray at HA Auctions july 12
    I like the fact it has the price sticker on it still, but I do not like the 2 small holes in the middle pack,

Oh Wow... That's Pretty Cool 👍 👍 👍

• mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2024 5:06PM

@KendallCat When I look at those it just reinforces my opinion that grading standards have gotten a lot harder. Unless there are surface wrinkles not apparent on the scans, I’d put the Bench more like a 6 and the Ryan between a 7 & 8. So I’d say those are super-nice for grade.

@paulb71 I definitely saw a similar grocery tray on the dealer’s table. Tho his may have been 79T I gave it a look but I know myself well enough to know I’d have cracked it. And while I didn’t ask a price, I was pretty sure it’d be too much for that. 😀
    Nice pickup!

So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • erbaerba Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    Last batch of 61's I was waiting on:

What's your progress on the set? How many do you have signed?

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Sold my PSA-9 copy of this card which had print fish eyes in the lettering...and recently replaced it with this PSA-8.5. Buy the card...not the holder, applies here.

Beauty. Congrats.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erba said:
    What's your progress on the set? How many do you have signed?

Hello. Currently I am number one on the registry, but there are only 2 other registered people in the set. I have 236 autos so far.

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @Stone193 that's a big pickup for sure!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Congratulations @Stone193 that's a big pickup for sure!

Thanx Abe.

Mike
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2024 3:20PM

Nice Williams. The most important thing to me on ‘57s is registration and print. Crystal clear image on yours. Great card congrats!

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    Bought my first Ted Williams today. I was born in 1957 (Birthday was Sunday) and since I am a great admirer of "Teddy Ballgame", decided to pull the trigger. Being card #1 in the set is kind of cool too.

What do you guys think? Paid over the going rate for a "4" ($480.00 + tax and shipping), but eye appeal is what drew me to it along with the seller willing to come down off his original price.

That might be closer to a 5, in my opinion.

I agree. There are some really ugly 4's out there. Of course they are much less $.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2024 4:02PM

@brad31 said:
    Nice Williams. The most important thing to me on ‘56s is registration and print. Crystal clear image on yours. Great card congrats!

Good point, I saw some 4's with bad print spots and registration. I really like the centering on this one as well.

Seems undergraded to me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great hit on the Deion! The PSA 10's of him, Barry, and Troy are very expensive.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Balco, if I were you, I would cut them out and send them to SGC, unless there is something I'm missing -- the ryan should get at least a 7.5, maybe an 8. The 1975 looks like a 7. Just my opinions.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:
    Added this one today , something I've not seen

Those corners are too soft to get a 10! :D

• Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    I'm really enjoying buying 1970's HOFers in 6-7's with strong eye appeal.

That 73 Ryan is the nicest 6 I’ve ever seen. Must have a tiny crease.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

My opinion on th3 73's is it's the border. They gave me a 5 on a 1987 montana topps uk because the border was a little rough (like an opc kind of ). I cut it out sent it to SGC and got a 10. As it should be, the card was awesome.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    I felt this was a fine grade for the card but based on some of the grade estimates I see for cards on this forum I should probably be expecting a 7. Haha. I happy in the slab as a pop 2 with 2 higher.

Love this card! I need another rookie auto with a nicer sig like that one. Got mine a few years ago when they rarely popped up. There's been a couple nicer ones on Ebay since, but one was priced too high and the other I completely missed out on.

Congrats from a huge Ueck rookie collector!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@bgr said:
    I felt this was a fine grade for the card but based on some of the grade estimates I see for cards on this forum I should probably be expecting a 7. Haha. I happy in the slab as a pop 2 with 2 higher.

Love this card! I need another rookie auto with a nicer sig like that one. Got mine a few years ago when they rarely popped up. There's been a couple nicer ones on Ebay since, but one was priced too high and the other I completely missed out on.

Congrats from a huge Ueck rookie collector!

Tim O’Driscoll was the official scorer for the Brewers and taught AP US History at my highschool my junior year. My dad also had season tickets at the old County Stadium on the mezzanine which was great. Long story short I was able to meet Uecker a handful of times and never thought to get an autograph then. A very very nice person who took the time to have a conversation with everyone. Including a dumb kid who couldn’t appreciate the experiences at the time.

When I retire, assuming ever do, I would like to open a guide business in the PNW taking people up Ranier and Baker and Hood. I would call it “just a bit outside”.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

Some new slabs for my 2000 yard rusher inscription collection.

Starlink works pretty good these days.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

Pretty Neat..🍪⚾😀

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely centered…congrats on this beauty!

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow huge Aaron card. Congrats.