Home U.S. Coin Forum

No longer just "CC"'s, new "O" mm CN counterfeit "Morgan" Morgan...

burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

A member of one of my FB groups reported this one; 1st "O" mint-marked example I have seen from the CN counterfeiter.

I note a couple of possible pick-up points for these, as new dated examples can only be a matter of time.

Best, Jack.

Comments

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gen coin/ slab:

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fake appears to have the wrong reverse. Appears to be C4 and should be C3. Check the gap and feather in the eagles left wing (viewers right) and neck.

There was a fake 1886 O that had a P mint obverse and a C4 reverse when it should have been C3. Was a fairly good fake. Here is the link to the comment when the owner got the coin a photographed it. It does not appear to have the above noted 'markers'.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/13265611/#Comment_13265611

On a side note: The bar code is incorrect and a few other things about the slab.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I often think that your posts and efforts to expose these counterfeits go unrecognized. I know that I appreciate your efforts and always learn something from these posts.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    I often think that your posts and efforts to expose these counterfeits go unrecognized. I know that I appreciate your efforts and always learn something from these posts.

Thank you; I pretty much feel the same way here, but I keep plugging along. I have other forums more interested in participating on posts and counterfeit research than here.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

this coin has been around for ages. Well, at least 5 years that I know of.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file