Home U.S. Coin Forum

"The Most Laughable Coin On FLEABAY" -- a new daily laugh riot!

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the date isn't visible, how do they know it's 1921?

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a coin..... but still some people wasting money. Who wants a $20,000 watch?

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• CregCreg Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:
    Just look at the shipping! It must be packaged in a tank!

He has other stuff at 64¢ shipping.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

@CRHer700 said:

I wonder how the seller has so many transactions with those kinds of prices, and not even showing the coin.

I think this is enough for now.

@hummingbird_coins said:

@CRHer700 said:

I wonder how the seller has so many transactions with those kinds of prices, and not even showing the coin.

All of his other listings were normal. I'm not completely sure what this was meant to convey.

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited July 8, 2024 4:32PM

@braddick just witnessed:
    if you dig a little deeper you will find the ocassional jewel…

Like picking sterling from the rummage at the free shack at the recycling center. I seek sellers who sell the same rummage on eBay who ran into a hoard. Often it is less than face value.
    Describe something in a search that you don’t know how to describe, e.g. medal disk with blurred letters, (metal disc, misspell words); Jethro Bodine sells out there when he gets lucky.
    More edit: supplies show up too with non-numismatic descriptions.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems totally legit to me...I've been looking for a role like this.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Kurisu said:
    Seems totally legit to me...I've been looking for a role like this.

I bet the high price is because they all have the "L on rim" and "In God We Trust on rim" errors.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:

@CRHer700 said:

It their version of a mystery box.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Please, make baby Jesus laugh—

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

All four of these sellers have one thing in common.
    They each are selling counterfeit Standing Liberty quarters:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156283756098
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/315515470590
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/405072509641
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/395507419548

Probably a single selling source with multiple eBay handles.
    If one gets NURU'd there are others to fall back on.

peacockcoins

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

i reported them, but this thread is titled "laughable" instead of "report counterfeit"

it would be better to start a "report counterfeit" titled thread despite the counterfeit being laughable in these cases (and multiples are selling)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    i reported them, but this thread is titled "laughable" instead of "report counterfeit"

it would be better to start a "report counterfeit" titled thread despite the counterfeit being laughable in these cases (and multiples are selling)

I've reported them along with PMs to four other members here that are good at reporting these items. I would hope those efforts would get the job done, yet I do also thank you for seeing these and reporting them yourself.

peacockcoins

edited July 10, 2024 9:44AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    … but this thread is titled "laughable" instead of "report counterfeit"

If you think too much about it it ain’t comedy.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this coin would really get some negative vibes.
    You make the call on this never before heard of creation.
    Philadelphia, San Francisco or Denver mm ?
    Free sticker with purchase.

I believe this seller is trying to get Gem BU money for a proof. It shouldn't be too hard, though, considering how many followers they have.

• abbyme24abbyme24 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:
    I believe this seller is trying to get Gem BU money for a proof. It shouldn't be too hard, though, considering how many followers they have.

That seller's listings always bother me. The multi-colored lighting setup, the clearly juiced contrast/saturation in post, and the silly "FROM ORIGINAL COLLECTION" headline are all very disingenuous.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Once owned by Adam and Eve!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    edited July 13, 2024 1:24PM

This coming from one of the forefront ebay coin sellers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/365007524865

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2024 1:02PM
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

He is also selling this. :D:D:D

@MsMorrisine said:

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@CRHer700 said:
    This coming from one of the forefront ebay coin sellers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/365007524865

They are listing all the 2 cent pieces as silver world coins.

They are also selling this.

@hummingbird_coins said:
    They are also selling this.

They used to sell really worn Philippines five centavos coins as silver twenty centavos coins. I'm sure that multiple people were deceived since they are the same size. I don't think that it is on purpose, I believe that they perhaps hired some workers who know little to nothing about obsolete and/or foreign coins. Their job is to label, and they label what they see. All it takes is one person who has never seen a two cent before.

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

He is also selling this. :D:D:D

Looks kind of like my mother in law. Glad my wife doesn't look at this web site.

perhaps a real phone call to m barr would coreect this. perhaps it is an employee thng

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

post, and the silly "FROM ORIGINAL COLLECTION" headline are all very disingenuous.

Yes always wondered what "Original collection" meant.
    Could be that someone named Original collected them I guess. They could be from Joseph Original's collection.

edited July 15, 2024 9:59AM

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

This one looks suspect...

...this is just getting way too easy...

This is at the top of the list when you search "cc". :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file