Home U.S. Coin Forum

Some of my old collection I haven’t shown in quite a while.

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 14, 2024 11:59AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have kind of a large collection of coins that I’ve been at most all of my life going way back to when I was a Cub Scout to earn a badge. I’m 72 years old now but coins has never left my bones. I very much enjoy collecting buffalo nickels with as nice toning as I can locate and I am proud of my accomplishments with the series. I have sold many of my very beautiful and rare buffs to good friends right here on this forum along with many other coins and I hope they will enjoy them for years to come. I love this hobby and I also very much enjoy imaging these coins of mine to see them in their best light. I have a few thousand invested in my camera box, lenses and the most ridged copystand I could find on the market.
So, please join me in posting some of your beautiful coins from your personal collection.
I’ve got to say I have made MANY such good friends here on this forum since I’ve been around. I refer to you all as my coin brothers and sisters as I truly feel that way about you all.
Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, Joe. Absolutely no reason to have 3 1913 T1 Buffs, so which one do I get? lol
    What beautiful coins, I would love to see them all, again. Take care, my friend. Have a wonderful, healthy 2024 along with your family.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never get tired of looking at your coins Joe
    Beautiful

• Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

No question about it, you've got the best Buffalo's on the Board! And your photo quality is second to none. I love that you can trace your interest all the way back to Cub Scouts....I have memories myself of working on that Merit badge and being very into coins back then....Fond memories of days long ago. Thanks Buddy...Always enjoy your posts, and please sell me some of those Buffs! Not kidding.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning coins (especially the buffaloes 🦬) and outstanding photography. Thanks for sharing. 👍

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2024 7:37PM

I would also submit the 1917 SLQ doesn't not fit with the rest of the coins pictured here. So, I'll take good care of it for you. Just ship it over here..... :D

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just Lovely. The fact that you are such a cool guy to boot really makes me love everything you post! Thanks for sharing those wonderful coins with us.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning coins! Nice clash on the Indian Princess!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

A feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing.

My current "Box of 20"

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding eye candy!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

• RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible collection all the way around

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are absolutely the most eye appealing toned buffaloes. Just started to put together a set of the “teens” myself.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding herd of Buffs! That $3 gold is a beast too.
    Thanks for sharing!

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

Outstanding collection! I especially like the wood grain look of the 2nd 13 Type 1.

imageimage

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely coins Joe! Love the proof buff! I have to get me one or more of those one day!

• Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Joe those images really blew my hair back!

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
    Dantheman984 Toyz4geo SurfinxHI greencopper RWW

• fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a kaleidoscope of color!

Such nice coins! Love the 1919 Buffalo!

Those are some of the best pictures I have ever seen!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins from a great member. Glad to see them again, Joe. You have an eye for quality!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• psuman08psuman08 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing - always interested in seeing your collection. Quite a beautiful herd.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I've seen a more attractive group of Buffalo nickels, I don't remember when or where it was - gorgeous!

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast Love the look of that 29 with the wood grain toning.

imageimage

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Joe,
    Yes! You are Da' Man!
    When it comes to the "Buffalo Nickel"
    You have The BEST, pun intended, inventory of Buffaloes I ever seen here on the forum.
    Thanks for sharing, Joe.
    ;)
    B)
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2024 11:25AM

Joe.

Your Buffalos are fantastic, but I know you have some half dollars.

Post some photos of your halves. :)

P.S. Here is a photo of my only straight graded Buffalo (MS66).

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Amazing herd of buffs plus other amazing coins. Really like the CHD label too.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

Such an impressive collection Joe. Thanks for always sharing your awesome pictures with us.

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Fine specimens, all. Nice photos!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photo's also get an A......(+)

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

A treat for my eyes.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am absolutely blinded by the beauty posted here.😎

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • AllLincolnsAllLincolns Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 3:36PM

Just absolutely stunning toning.... love those nickels. those are a lot rarer to find with good toning since they don't have that magic silver component :)

Dan
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

- Abraham Lincoln
  • FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your 15D and 16 Proof Buffaloes are my favorites. I would like to think ricko would approve my latest. NGC PF 66.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are all Joe's Photo's. Some survived the terrible fire which took most of Joe's family's possessions and are treasures.
    Fantastic photographer. Thanks Joe.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the fact that you added a few native Indians to look over your extremely fantastic herd of buffalos
    @crazyhounddog.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure hope that you were able to retain some of those beauties.

You had a wonderful collection!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file