Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage to auction over 1,500 cancelled U.S. coin dies

13»

Comments

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you bought about 70 of them – is that correct? Or am I far off?

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I do find my invoice kind of funny

Have you gotten your hoard yet? Mine is shipping today

It has been a few years, but I remember NGC fees for mint dies as something near $60 for cancelled and $350 for uncancelled.

Yes, I got them. 3 of the cents popped open during shipping. Heritage gave me a $75 credit as a result. It was 3 of the first 10 I looked at and I was really afraid I was going to have dozens of them. It was only the cents and they were all in the smaller second box FWIW

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:
    Looks like you bought about 70 of them – is that correct? Or am I far off?

If you are referring to me, I bought 66 of them. I'm not sure why. LOL. I think they are an interesting keepsake and at only $35ish dollars each, I think I can sell them at a profit. There's been a few sales on eBay but the pricing is all over the map.

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you bought about 70 of them – is that correct? Or am I far off? yes, thanks for the reply. I was only off by four.

Each one has a unique serial number at the base of the die.

Have fun and good luck with them.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file