Options

Submission Boocockery Again!

PapacitoPapacito Posts: 18
edited December 4, 2023 3:41PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Bye bye

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those do not look full bands to me. A couple of them aren't even close.

You might want to rethink your post. It will get you banned and the post will be deleted.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think this will age very well.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    I don’t think this will age very well.

You are correct. This is a Friday evening post not a Monday morning post

Martin

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not full bands. I don’t care what you say, they aren’t.

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:

These 4 dimes ALL are FB! And I don't care what you say, they are!

Not sure any of these should qualify as FB... not even sure they should all be MS. Sorry.

Mark

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

☹️

BHNC #248 … 121 and counting.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could avoid your frustration by purchasing coins that have already been slabbed in the grade and designation you want.

Problem solved.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

First post to the forum and you already fell face first into a pile of doggie-boocockery-doo. With your mouth wide open. Nice.

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to coinfacts images (and then the cert number look up) - each of the above coins are as stated by the OP.

That is they are graded by pcgs as Full Bands. The first two are tied top pop for FB grade and the next two are about a grade below top pop for FB grade. Each of the four coins in the OP are registered to or in the set registry of the same well known collector.

Here is the second one 1986 P (one can look the others up if desired)
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/15725858

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 9:02AM
  • Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilolme said:

Going to coinfacts images (and then the cert number look up) - each of the above coins are as stated by the OP.

That is they are graded by pcgs as Full Bands. The first two are tied top pop for FB grade and the next two are about a grade below top pop for FB grade. Each of the four coins in the OP are registered to or in the set registry of the same well known collector.

Here is the second one 1986 P (one can look the others up if desired)
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/15725858

Ah, now I see what the actual complaint is. PCGS isn't always consistent. Yeah, that happens. It's part of the ante for playing.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see FB on any of these coins either. The OP may need to look at more certified FB's to educate himself on how they should look.

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to learn how to care about things I don't care about.
    This post was not a good place to start.
    Do like the word Boocockery though!😀

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:
    It gets tiresome finding the absolute best dimes you can and sending them in to get graded only to get back the disgusting MS grade with no full bands on it. If I were someone else submitting these coins, like say a billionaire that has been getting fleced by the company for the last 20 years, ithey would not only get the FB designation but would be top pop or close to it. Why can't us normal folks get a fair shake? Always the same everywhre.
    )

Instead of posting photos of coins that are graded as FB, post photos of your coins that you are complaining about.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    I don't see FB on any of these coins either. The OP may need to look at more certified FB's to educate himself on how they should look.

Bobby, the 4 coins he posted are graded FB. He didn’t post his failed coins.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol.

Many of the posters above who intended to disagree with our anonymous poster ended up inadvertently agreeing.

These designations seem to have some room for interpretation at all the TPGs.

However, to the OP - I don’t think any submitters are receiving preferential treatment in designations - graders don’t know who the submitter is unless the coin is a recognizable rarity.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

You might want to rethink your post. It will get you banned and the post will be deleted.

yeah, tell me about it. Not even close right?

• Options

Further, if I was a billionaire collector, I probably wouldn’t be spending too much time on dimes from the 1970s. Likely either buys already slabbed or submits in bulk until a top pop is achieved. Not that the billionaire is doing either the purchasing or submitting theirselves - they have people for that ;) .

• Options

So what have we all learned from this? The first thing is you so called experts are far from it. You look like the fools that you are (except a couple) But in actuality you are right, these 4 coins should not be FB nor top pop. But when you are a billionaire and PCGS grades according to who submitted them rather than what the coins are, this is the results. My point has been made. Everything I wrote originally was true, but most of you assumed each sentence was tied to the next one when in fact they were all independent. Now how many of you want to take back your post and say now that all 4 are indeed FB. Remember, your masters are watching...

• Options

@Project Numismatics said:
    lol.

Many of the posters above who intended to disagree with our anonymous poster ended up inadvertently agreeing.

However, to the OP - I don’t think any submitters are receiving preferential treatment in designations - graders don’t know who the submitter is unless the coin is a recognizable rarity.

Please don't quote the standard PCGS nonsense about they don't know. They for sure know who submits them. Those that get special treatment even get a special line of number sometimes. How many coins have you submitted that started with 8******** zero right?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is boocockery a real word ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Is boocockery a real word ?

Made it up, You like?

• Options

@AlanSki said:
    Actually what we learned, or at least I have, is that for a first topic posted, you seem to have too much knowledge on how this forum works.

What’s your previous banned username?

samspadey

• Options
    edited December 4, 2023 9:48AM

@Papacito said:

@AlanSki said:
    Actually what we learned, or at least I have, is that for a first topic posted, you seem to have too much knowledge on how this forum works.

samspadey

The other one.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ve illustrated what many, if not most posters already knew - some dimes designated as FB don’t appear so in images. At the same time, you haven’t backed up any of your claims or accusations.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito

I have to jump in and say you got them good :D

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• Options

Some of you are quite clever, It has been a good, fun start to the week. Thanks for the entertainment. It was a boocockery hoot!

• Options

@MFeld said:

You’ve illustrated what many, if not most posters already knew - some dimes designated as FB don’t appear so in images. At the same time, you haven’t backed up any of your claims or accusations.

Great tap dance move! Are you paid by your master or do it for free? And my accusations are back up by every single post saying they aren't FB. They shouldn't be, but they are because of whose coins they are. I let all of you be the judge and the peanut gallery has spoken. Now who want to take it back? Muligans for everyone!> @AlanSki said:

@Papacito said:

@AlanSki said:

samspadey

The other one.

you sir are a 1/1. The name escapes me at the moment. it was asianish but with a play on a coin name. Played a female that time. Oh man, I shouldn't have smoked my lunch because now it wil bother me until i remember.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 10:00AM

@Papacito said:
    I just wanted to see how many people would jump right in as know-it-alls and tell me to educate myself and bla blah blah. You look like the idiots that you all are (except robec) the best is bsshog, yeah, i should get smart like you huh?

I should have also added in my post that I don't collect these. The coins shown don't look FB to me but I'm definitely not an expert on these. Maybe you should show your coins for a comparison. Calling people idiots is definitely not a way to get your point across!!

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:
    Some of you are quite clever, It has been a good, fun start to the week. Thanks for the entertainment. It was a boocockery hoot!

Like I said upstream, I get your point now. PCGS isn't always consistent with grading, and that goes for any series. Here's my 1872-cc quarter thread (below). It cost me an extra $170 in grading fees to get the grade I should have gotten the first time. And, there's a 6k difference in price between the grades.

The difference that and this thread is, I'm not emotionally invested in it. It's a hobby, and should be fun. It sucks that I paid an extra $170 but it's part of the ante if you want to play the grading game and I knew that going in. My advice to you (not that you'll take it, or even care), is to drop the emotion and crappy attitude, and try to enjoy the hobby.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1092415/1872-cc-quarter-gtg-updated

• Options

Yo> @bsshog40 said:

@Papacito said:
    I just wanted to see how many people would jump right in as know-it-alls and tell me to educate myself and bla blah blah. You look like the idiots that you all are (except robec) the best is bsshog, yeah, i should get smart like you huh?

As I also stated in my post, I don't collect these. The coins shown don't look FB to me but I'm definitely not an expert on these. Maybe you should show your coins for a comparison. Calling people idiots is definitely not a way to get your point across!!

You made my point sir The idiot comment was basically calling myself one too. I totally agree with you.. But i did notice the backtracking you just did. Retraction 2 step? You seemed like an expert and quite sure before but now that you have disagreed with your master then oops, well actually i uh uh, right? My point wasn't as much the coins as this forum is just a bunch of cheerleaders for PCGS. Most have no real opinion or thoughts of thier own. It is just whatever your master thinks, you think. Robots. I'll post my coins. How many of you will answer honestly? Let's see.

• Options

@Papacito said:

lol.

Please don't quote the standard PCGS nonsense about they don't know. They for sure know who submits them. Those that get special treatment even get a special line of number sometimes. How many coins have you submitted that started with 8******** zero right?

I don’t think you have any facts or insider knowledge (e.g. ex-employee) to back up your particular accusations and the burden of proof lies with you.

I also think this stunt shows extremely poor judgment on your part. There’s a time and a place to discuss this sort of thing and it’s not on this forum.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 10:27AM

I don't understand the purpose of this post, unless you just wanted to start an argument. You should know by now that around here if you post an FB dime, a FBL franklin, or a FS Jefferson Nickel there will be people who say they aren't. Same goes with posting unc coins, there will be those who insist they are AU. The vast majority of posters here on CU are normal collectors, only a few are professionals in the field, or experts. You make it sound like everyone claims to be an expert, which is simply not the case.
    Do you really think Hansen is submitting raw coins to PCGS? I seriously doubt he has the time or the need to do that, he has so many top pop coins because he can afford to buy them.

@Papacito said:
    ...How many coins have you submitted that started with 8******** zero right?

I have a slew of coins that I submitted that have cert numbers starting with 8. Here is a sample of them from my inventory.

For the record I am pretty bad at identifying FB Roosevelt dimes.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@Papacito said:
    Yo> @bsshog40 said:

@Papacito said:

As I also stated in my post, I don't collect these. The coins shown don't look FB to me but I'm definitely not an expert on these. Maybe you should show your coins for a comparison. Calling people idiots is definitely not a way to get your point across!!

You made my point sir The idiot comment was basically calling myself one too. I totally agree with you.. But i did notice the backtracking you just did. Retraction 2 step? You seemed like an expert and quite sure before but now that you have disagreed with your master then oops, well actually i uh uh, right? My point wasn't as much the coins as this forum is just a bunch of cheerleaders for PCGS. Most have no real opinion or thoughts of thier own. It is just whatever your master thinks, you think. Robots. I'll post my coins. How many of you will answer honestly? Let's see.

My master? I prefer small ANACS. How dare you assume my slab preferences.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to get in before the thread gets closed or goes poof. B)
    That toned 1972 is a pretty coin aesthetically but regardless of the fact that they gave it an FB label, I don't like the strike.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 10:24AM

@Papacito said:

@MFeld said:

Great tap dance move! Are you paid by your master or do it for free? And my accusations are back up by every single post saying they aren't FB. They shouldn't be, but they are because of whose coins they are. I let all of you be the judge and the peanut gallery has spoken. Now who want to take it back? Muligans for everyone!> @AlanSki said:

@Papacito said:

@AlanSki said:

samspadey

The other one.

you sir are a 1/1. The name escapes me at the moment. it was asianish but with a play on a coin name. Played a female that time. Oh man, I shouldn't have smoked my lunch because now it wil bother me until i remember.

Except @MFeld is correct. One needs to see the coin in-hand to properly make those judgments.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

@Papacito said:

lol.

I don’t think you have any facts or insider knowledge (e.g. ex-employee) to back up your particular accusations and the burden of proof lies with you.

I also think this stunt shows extremely poor judgment on your part. There’s a time and a place to discuss this sort of thing and it’s not on this forum.

Clarifying that had you stopped with the assertion that TPGs are sometimes inconsistent with grading and with designations in particular, I think you would have gotten mostly agreement. (See: CAC popularity)

Attributing that inconsistency to preferential treatment of specific collectors is an accusation for which you have no evidence. Attacking the ethics of our host on their forum no less is not acceptable.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 1:26PM

@Papacito said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Things slip through. You can always find one that isn't accurately graded. You can also find ones where the photos are deceptive. But trashing the host is a no-no

• Options

I will be honest 1 time and then you all can defend what you need to defend and say how dumb I am and that will be that. i lied in the previous post. While I do believe special treatment and lax grading is given to certain individuals, my problem isn't in a FB designation or not. I just wrote that so a bunch of you would tell me what we all can see and that is those coins do not deserve a FB designation nor a top pop. And you all know it. Anyway, My problem is well I will just show you. And I know many of you need to save face so have at it. Tell me about lighting and how the pictures will look different and blah blah blah... Please keep in mind the photos from PCGS are called TrueView. Here are some coins I sent in vs what I got back. i don't think they are the same and I will explain why as we go along. Well, until my ban comes which won't be long I am sure. Then you all can have at it and even the score because it is for sure 1-0 me right now.

Coin submitted

returned

same coin?

coin submitted

returned

submitted

returned

submitted

returned

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Papacito said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Things slip through. You can always find one that isn't accurately graded. You can Andi find ones where the photos are deceptive. But trashing the host is a no-no

Great deflection. Ya know,, since you yourself trashed the host too. Badly. You jsut thought you were trashing me. nice try though. good deflection.

• Options

@Papacito said:

lol.

Clarifying that had you stopped with the assertion that TPGs are sometimes inconsistent with grading and with designations in particular, I think you would have gotten mostly agreement. (See: CAC popularity)

Attributing that inconsistency to preferential treatment of specific collectors is an accusation for which you have no evidence. Attacking the ethics of our host on their forum no less is not acceptable.

I have those coins as exibit A best in class and I have the special number sequence that is complete unneccessary if all is as all of you cheerleaders claim. I also dont care about your opinion on if it was a good idea because it worked out beautifully; A bunch of robots attacking on behalf of their master and then the DUH moment and then the retractions. I think my judgement wase right on what thappens here and it went exactly as I thought it would. What you call a "stunt" i call an eye opener. And a time for those that posted the "truth" when it was my coins and then the overqll attitude of when it wasn't. A HUGE change wouldn't you say? We went from no way they are FB and they arent even MS to yeah well slip through cracks and i'm no expert, aand blah blah blah any excuse you can come with. Did one one you have the conjose to stick with your initial assessment. Nope. All either buried their heads or retracted i some way. And then you with your opinion of my judgement. It needed to be done to show you all what you are. Great job though. You make daddy proud I am sure.

• Options

Same coin, different lighting.

• Options

Same coin.

• Options

Ok Mr. different lighting where did this go that is circled and how did where the arrow points to where the "hair"comes together spread out so much. Lighing adds gaps? huh, who would have thought.

• Options

It went the same place other out of focus photos go….

• Options

And must be some crazy powerful lighting because it even burned away part of the leaves. us made them disappear and become no longer attached. Seems dangerous.

This discussion has been closed.