Comments

• Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:

@Project Numismatics said:

@Papacito said:

lol.

Many of the posters above who intended to disagree with our anonymous poster ended up inadvertently agreeing.

These designations seem to have some room for interpretation at all the TPGs.

However, to the OP - I don’t think any submitters are receiving preferential treatment in designations - graders don’t know who the submitter is unless the coin is a recognizable rarity.

Please don't quote the standard PCGS nonsense about they don't know. They for sure know who submits them. Those that get special treatment even get a special line of number sometimes. How many coins have you submitted that started with 8******** zero right?

I don’t think you have any facts or insider knowledge (e.g. ex-employee) to back up your particular accusations and the burden of proof lies with you.

I also think this stunt shows extremely poor judgment on your part. There’s a time and a place to discuss this sort of thing and it’s not on this forum.

Clarifying that had you stopped with the assertion that TPGs are sometimes inconsistent with grading and with designations in particular, I think you would have gotten mostly agreement. (See: CAC popularity)

Attributing that inconsistency to preferential treatment of specific collectors is an accusation for which you have no evidence. Attacking the ethics of our host on their forum no less is not acceptable.

I have those coins as exibit A best in class and I have the special number sequence that is complete unneccessary if all is as all of you cheerleaders claim. I also dont care about your opinion on if it was a good idea because it worked out beautifully; A bunch of robots attacking on behalf of their master and then the DUH moment and then the retractions. I think my judgement wase right on what thappens here and it went exactly as I thought it would. What you call a "stunt" i call an eye opener. And a time for those that posted the "truth" when it was my coins and then the overqll attitude of when it wasn't. A HUGE change wouldn't you say? We went from no way they are FB and they arent even MS to yeah well slip through cracks and i'm no expert, aand blah blah blah any excuse you can come with. Did one one you have the conjose to stick with your initial assessment. Nope. All either buried their heads or retracted i some way. And then you with your opinion of my judgement. It needed to be done to show you all what you are. Great job though. You make daddy proud I am sure.

I never commented on the grade or designation of the coins you posted.

You have no evidence of your claims against PCGS.

Also, your photos are terrible.

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe I read this thread through. Regardless, if you compare the PCGS image of the 1942-S Merc with the one you supplied it appears to be the same coin. It is easiest to interpret your images of the reverse of the coin. I've taken the PCGS images and circled four areas that I expect show the same things-

These areas that appear to be the same are-
    1) The flattened/distorted tops of "TES OF" in "STATES OF".
    2) A series of three vampire bites under "UNUM".
    3) What appear to be disturbances above "I" in "DIME".
    4) Something that looks like a pair of hits at the base of the fasces.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Papacito, What is your claim?
    I ask, seriously wanting to know.
    Are you laying out evidence of PCGS switching out coins submitted vs those returned to you?

peacockcoins

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:
    Yo> @bsshog40 said:

@Papacito said:
    I just wanted to see how many people would jump right in as know-it-alls and tell me to educate myself and bla blah blah. You look like the idiots that you all are (except robec) the best is bsshog, yeah, i should get smart like you huh?

As I also stated in my post, I don't collect these. The coins shown don't look FB to me but I'm definitely not an expert on these. Maybe you should show your coins for a comparison. Calling people idiots is definitely not a way to get your point across!!

You made my point sir The idiot comment was basically calling myself one too. I totally agree with you.. But i did notice the backtracking you just did. Retraction 2 step? You seemed like an expert and quite sure before but now that you have disagreed with your master then oops, well actually i uh uh, right? My point wasn't as much the coins as this forum is just a bunch of cheerleaders for PCGS. Most have no real opinion or thoughts of thier own. It is just whatever your master thinks, you think. Robots. I'll post my coins. How many of you will answer honestly? Let's see.

As I really don't have to explain myself to you, I will anyway. The reason I back-tracked, as you call it, was I thought I had put my lack of knowledge of these in my first post. I had not. So I just added to my last post. And another thing, I haven't done any collecting in the last 3 years, and when I did collect, I wasn't a "cheerleader" for any tpg. I have NGC & PCGS coins, but most of my coins are Raw!!! You seem to really have a chip on your shoulder. You came here to bash a respectable TPG, show coins that aren't even yours and try to make people look like they have no knowledge of coins. The only thing that I see you have accomplished is lowering yourself to a troll level and possibly getting yourself banned from what is the most popular and knowledgeable forum on the web today!!

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are the same two deep hits under the N and U on both coins.

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to confirm both the submitted coins and returned coins are the same, some best using minor rim bumps. The nickel does not look the same because of the large hit on the right side of the Monticello.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• @braddick said:
    Are you laying out evidence of PCGS switching out coins submitted vs those returned to you?

lol. a great question. When someone says they don't lie or say they are about to tel you the truth, you do know they are about to lie some more right? i am just bored and I have to be at home today waiting on one of those "we will be there between 8-5 deliveries". I guess my point was to stir up the penut gallery which I have done in spades. I wanted to show the know-it-all they weren't and then watch them retract. And i wanted to let all of them tell me how the lighting was different on coins tht are not the same and ignore concrete proof that thy weren't while pointing little nicks ad scraches that I added myself trying to make the coins as close as possible. I set yoi all up on the first post and got some of you on the second one. I was waiting for someone to go after the nickel and try to avoid mentioning the HUGE gouge on the back but no one has yet. guess my POINT is you are all just cheerleaders and just mindlessly ignore truths in order to try to defend your masters. My point is, i don't have a poiint but most of you might as well be machines because at least in here.Keep on writing and explaining how it is the lighting. It has made me laugh so hard my stomach is sore. It was ilike a race to see who coiuld defend the master first. Gotcha again pom pom squad. And with that, I bid you all adieu.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Thread summary:
    Poster unhappy with grading results.
    Poster blames results on favoritism by PCGS.
    Poster doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
    Anyone who doesn't side with poster is defecting and/or doing the work of their Master.
    Poster wins (though I'm not sure what), while everyone else loses.
    The end.

Great summation other than stating, ">The end."
    I somehow don't believe this is the end.

peacockcoins

• @TomB said:
    I can't believe I read this thread through. Regardless, if you compare the PCGS image of the 1942-S Merc with the one you supplied it appears to be the same coin. It is easiest to interpret your images of the reverse of the coin. I've taken the PCGS images and circled four areas that I expect show the same things-

These areas that appear to be the same are-
    1) The flattened/distorted tops of "TES OF" in "STATES OF".
    2) A series of three vampire bites under "UNUM".
    3) What appear to be disturbances above "I" in "DIME".
    4) Something that looks like a pair of hits at the base of the fasce> @AlanSki said:
    There are the same two deep hits under the N and U on both coins.

amazing what some sculpting tools can accomplsh huh? Little matching nicks... amd someone noticed the huge gouge... bravo. I only hade the one extra nickel and with the gouge no way to ungouge it. Nice catch. Some of you are indeed clever... Others not som much ... And now i truly must go. You bore me lighhting people

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 12:42PM

Reading this thread reminds me, a little bit, of last week's debate between two governors.

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I would engage @Papacito and try to show him that the coins are in fact the same. My guess, based on his previous shenanigans, is that his next big reveal will be that the coins are in fact different as his way to play gotcha again.

Philippians 4:4-7

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me:
    This Thread:

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Papacito said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Those do not look full bands to me. A couple of them aren't even close.

You might want to rethink your post. It will get you banned and the post will be deleted.

yeah, tell me about it. Not even close right?

Things slip through. You can always find one that isn't accurately graded. You can Andi find ones where the photos are deceptive. But trashing the host is a no-no

Great deflection. Ya know,, since you yourself trashed the host too. Badly. You jsut thought you were trashing me. nice try though. good deflection.

It is neither a deflection nor trashing the host. Disagreeing with a grade OPINION is legitimate. Accusing the host of essentially being on the take is NOT.

In hand, those coins may all be FB. You cannot definitively grade from photos which is why I said they "don't look" FB.

And last, but not least, I never trashed you at all. I tried to HELP you by suggesting that you should change your post so you didn't get punished. Of course, I have reconsidered that position.

• @MFeld said:
    Thread summary:
    Poster unhappy with grading results.
    Poster blames results on favoritism by PCGS.
    Poster doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
    Anyone who doesn't side with poster is defecting and/or doing the work of their Master.
    Poster wins (though I'm not sure what), while everyone else loses.
    The end.

This is a pretty weak summaation becasu you left out a bunch of stuff. You try to dumb it down and tell part of one side Pat yourself on the back. Great job. It;s a great example and refection though I would say.. Why don;t you tell what really happened? . The coins are not FB, i"m an idiot and need to educate myself. oh wait oops
    I actually agreed with all or your first comments, but i didnt try to take it all back though. The post abiut me not caring what you thought? We all thought the same at the beginng. Left that out.
    Are those coins FB like NO one thought? No they arent. So why were they designated so? Are the graders at PCGS truly that incompetant to not see what all of us can see? A innocent slip through the crack? Multiple times? It took all of you 5 sceonds to see they are not FB . How could anyone think differently?
    Lighting and out of focus pictures that make thinhs disappear. The 2 nickels are not the same! The Kennedy and the dime are.
    There is things you could take from this,l things you coud admit and fix, that woukd actully help all of you and enhance this forum but instead people like you make it out to be something that it wasn;t in a poor attempt to save face for soe reaon. All you try to do us isolate and downplay me. We all thought the same thing. there is no seperating that no matter how badly or poorly you try. I don't win anything becaue this place is sitill exactly as I left it. None of you learned anything today about yourself nor about how you you view thigs. And this weak one sided 20% summation is a great example of it. You admit nothing, learn nothing, and stay the same... nothing. As though you remain perfect as yoiu always were and we never shared the same thoughts like we actually did. It is weakand it fits you perfectly.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papacito said:

Are those coins FB like NO one thought? No they arent. So why were they designated so? Are the graders at PCGS truly that incompetant to not see what all of us can see? A innocent slip through the crack? Multiple times? It took all of you 5 sceonds to see they are not FB . How could anyone think differently?

Someone could/might think differently if they were to see the coins in hand. Like grades, themselves, FB and FBL aren't necessarily apparent in images.

That doesn't mean posters wouldn't disagree with PCGS if they were to view the coins in hand. But one shouldn't accuse or condemn, based on images. And that's especially so if that someone isn't highly knowledgeable.

You bid all adieu, but not surprisingly, you didn't leave. I'll bid you the same, but unlike you, I won't do that and then post to this thread again.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

Bump for the ban hammer.

• calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

IBTL ... the nickel and roosie are not the same ... merc and Kennedy are the same ... IMHO

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

@Papacito said:

@braddick said:

lol. a great question. When someone says they don't lie or say they are about to tel you the truth, you do know they are about to lie some more right? i am just bored and I have to be at home today waiting on one of those "we will be there between 8-5 deliveries". I guess my point was to stir up the penut gallery which I have done in spades. I wanted to show the know-it-all they weren't and then watch them retract. And i wanted to let all of them tell me how the lighting was different on coins tht are not the same and ignore concrete proof that thy weren't while pointing little nicks ad scraches that I added myself trying to make the coins as close as possible. I set yoi all up on the first post and got some of you on the second one. I was waiting for someone to go after the nickel and try to avoid mentioning the HUGE gouge on the back but no one has yet. guess my POINT is you are all just cheerleaders and just mindlessly ignore truths in order to try to defend your masters. My point is, i don't have a poiint but most of you might as well be machines because at least in here.Keep on writing and explaining how it is the lighting. It has made me laugh so hard my stomach is sore. It was ilike a race to see who coiuld defend the master first. Gotcha again pom pom squad. And with that, I bid you all adieu.

Actually, you proved that the peanut gallery are CORRECT or you proved that YOU are INCORREVT. Everyone agreed that the coins shown don't look FB which was YOUR position. So either everyone was right or everyone was wrong...but only one person was...[full in the blank].

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just adding +1 to my post count before this thread goes poof. I, like Tom B, can't believe I read through the whole thing so I might as well get something out of it!

K

ANA LM
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone figure out if this is slick or a different previously banned member. :D

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • lermishlermish Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Did anyone figure out if this is slick or a different previously banned member. :D

This is way too cogent and organized for slick. There is some ranting and conspiracy theories here but no rambling and it mostly makes sense. Seriously misguided but it can be followed.

This discussion has been closed.