Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Holiday Special Reveals (NOW with @RonSportscards drama!)

1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m posting this here because I like the members of the forums a great deal.

This holiday season, PSA is running specials five days at a time and then launching a new one on its heels each time. Today was day one.

FIRST SPECIAL

Whether I plan to join in on the special or not, I’d like to see it posted here and I am going to do my best to keep this bumped and updated.

I would ask two things:

1) If this thread is THE reason you send something in, please say so and post it when it comes back.

2) Please try to keep negativity out of the thread as I just want to help disseminate the information. I imagine there will be some unhappiness about the prices or grades so please just start a new thread for that.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked this morning but didn't think to post. Nice of you to start this and keep it going.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping one of those is 70s special.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

This is better than a walk-through yet I also imagine it may slow down regular submissions.

Rebirth. Renewal. Transformation.

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    Hoping for a registry special so I don't have to pay $150 to get a $7 card slabbed.

Arthur

Arthur - I would love something along those lines as well. Have a large number I would send in under a soecial like that at the right price point.
    Chris

@1951WheatiesPremium Thanks for posting this info. Hope everyone has good luck with submissions.

• Options

This one’s not for me, either.

But maybe we’ll get the ones we’re hoping for and some people will see it here who wouldn’t have otherwise.

Second Special
    Value Plus $34.99
    $499 max value
    Approx. 20 day turn

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a declared value limit?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

But maybe we’ll get the ones we’re hoping for and some people will see it here who wouldn’t have otherwise.

Second Special
    Value Plus $34.99
    $499 max value
    Approx. 20 day turn

It would be nice if they roll out a discounted option for pack submissions.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:

Doubtful, because I think they are still backed up and they have to go through BBCE, so they can't discount his cut!

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:

Second Special
    Value Plus $34.99
    $499 max value
    Approx. 20 day turn

they did one earlier this year/late last year. I put together 6 or 8 to send and just forgot before I ran out of time.

I really need a 70s special!

• Options

@smallstocks said:
    Is there a declared value limit?

These two specials have corresponded to their existing tiers and their max values and turnaround times.

Second Special
    Value Plus $34.99
    $499 max value
    Approx. 20 day turn

• Options

@RonSportscards said:

@BBBrkrr said:

Looks like my wish is coming true.

Ryan Hoge posted in another thread:
    "There will be a 1970's special in there later this month."

• Options

@RonSportscards said:

@RonSportscards said:

@BBBrkrr said:

Looks like my wish is coming true.

Ryan Hoge posted in another thread:
    "There will be a 1970's special in there later this month."

By all means, keep making wishes!

That’s great - I hope it ends up a good one!

Post returns!

• Options
    edited November 6, 2023 9:20PM

@RonSportscards said:
    Sorry PSA, but a "special" of $35 for 20 day turnaround when your competitor is standard $15 for 5-10 day turnaround, is not really a "special."

Can you please refrain from these types of posts in this thread?

You express many sentiments that I completely agree with so please don’t take it in that way.

But I’m not a PSA employee and I just want to help out the board members and these types on comments can quickly take the thread of the tracks and deleted.

I just want this one to spread information and maybe feature pictures on the back end.

Is that fair?

No. My post was informative and factual with an opinion on the side. It's called a forum.
    You had no issue going off the tracks giving your comments on my post publicly, instead of in a DM. Were you being fair?

• Options

@RonSportscards said:

@RonSportscards said:
    Sorry PSA, but a "special" of $35 for 20 day turnaround when your competitor is standard $15 for 5-10 day turnaround, is not really a "special."

Can you please refrain from these types of posts in this thread?

You express many sentiments that I completely agree with so please don’t take it in that way.

But I’m not a PSA employee and I just want to help out the board members and these types on comments can quickly take the thread of the tracks and deleted.

I just want this one to spread information and maybe feature pictures on the back end.

Is that fair?

No. My post was informative and factual with an opinion on the side. It's called a forum.
    You had no issue going off the tracks giving your comments on my post publicly, instead of in a DM. Were you being fair?

Congratulations, @RonSportscards

You’ve succeeded in dragging down yet another thread with your drama.

It reminds of a great Mark Twain quote:

“Some people bring joy wherever they go and some people whenever they go.”

And to think, had you taken your own advice and refrained from "these types on comments [that] can quickly take the thread off the tracks", this thread would be continuing on it's merry way.
    You brought the drama. No one to blame but yourself.
    Please try to stay on topic.

• Options

Par for the course apparently. Moving on, I can't say what specials I'm looking for. I think dropping some big cards at one of those local shows in SoCal may be my next move. If not, I'll probably end up taking advantage of a $15 special again.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I would like a dual service auth/auth special. Don't want the autograph or card graded like they had earlier this year, just the card called out and auto dna'd.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:
    how about a $5 dollar special for $7 dollar cards....lol

Hold

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Third Special
    Regular - Holiday Special - $59.99
    ($15 off the original price)
    $1499 max value
    Approx. 10 day turn

• Options

The actual PSA update contains an Easter Egg of sorts in that they’ve tipped the upcoming 1970’s special for next week…

• Options

Good deal and FINALLY!

I'm sure the graders/AI are all back on board with legit vintage standards so nothing to worry about when sending cards. >:)

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did the express holiday for $100 per card. I sent in a 1989 Donruss Randy Johnson, a 1991 upper deck chipper jones, a 1992 gold dan marino, a 1994 collectors choice derek jeter and a 1987 topps traded david cone.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@olb31 said:
    I just did the express holiday for $100 per card. I sent in a 1989 Donruss Randy Johnson, a 1991 upper deck chipper jones, a 1992 gold dan marino, a 1994 collectors choice derek jeter and a 1987 topps traded david cone.

are you serious ?

• Options

@olb31 said:
    Hoping for 7's or 8's .

@olb31 said:
    Hoping for 7's or 8's .

@olb31 said:
    Hoping for 7's or 8's .

@olb31 said:
    Hoping for 7's or 8's .

guess not lol

• Options

@smallstocks said:
    Is it true the 70's special is just $50 per card with guaranteed turnaround of 365 business days? Maximum card value $59.

I heard they also guarantee there will NOT be any grades higher than a 5 either!

On a slightly more serious (confusing?) note, I did notice that Heritage has several in their upcoming auction that are 1977s, recently graded and 10s. Makes one wonder...

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

I've seen threads locked for far less than this.

• Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2023 6:34PM

I like this thread. It sucks so bad.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2023 7:12PM

@smallstocks said:
    I do appreciate the information regarding the specials being shared. But I highly doubt many people have an interest in these so far.

Agree, nothing too crazy yet. I'm wondering if they'll get progressively better the closer we get to the holidays.

• Options

Wondering why @1951WheatiesPremium hasn't thrown a tantrum yet regarding these latest "dramatic" comments. REFRAIN! REFRAIN!
    LOL

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

In

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its starting...

to go off the rails!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2023 8:17PM

@smallstocks said:
    I do appreciate the information regarding the specials being shared. But I highly doubt many people have an interest in these so far.

agree -- most are looking for cheaper prices and don't care too much about the turnaround times...the ones who care about turnaround times are the ones who throw away their money on the modern card breaks on Youtube and want to try to get their cards back fast and get them up on Ebay

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Wow Just Wow!

I had thought that PSA could Never go here. These Specials are so Awesome I can't wait to submit like 0 Zero Cards. Thanks PSA for the about $25-30$ K I've spent with PSA over the last 25 years. , and moving forward, its real simple....0 Zero dollars moving forward...........

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

This reminds me of gas pricing. You pay $4.09 a gallon so long that $3.99 ends up looking like a deal. (all gas prices in this post have been made up)

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2023 7:09AM

@RonSportscards said:
    Wondering why @1951WheatiesPremium hasn't thrown a tantrum yet regarding these latest "dramatic" comments. REFRAIN! REFRAIN!
    LOL

The horror, the horror.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Finally joined the site, planning on getting a membership, but going to wait until there's a decent special, last 2 months have been garbage. I wish they'd give us a little heads up on the future ones, I'm kind of worried about my first submission, trying to find a stack of cards worth grading, and getting everything put together in a few days, would be nice to know a few days ahead of time. Think the 70s special will include non-sports?

• Options
    GoTigersGoTigers Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Well, since they’ve had a couple specials over this last year at $15 then logically they need to have at least one holiday special at a lower price than that. For a basic, submit a regular ol’ Joe type of card I would think it would have to be at least $12 otherwise it’s not much of a special.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA should make titanium slabs for Christmas.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November 17, 2023 7:49AM

I'm new here and sure there is a history but I'm not seeing any drama.

For real drama over unimportant stuff try the Steve Hoffman forums :)

Note, if you mention you dont like The Monkees or some 60 year old music group, they will ban you.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting for the special case that turns your slabs into Christmas tree ornaments.

• Options

@theminneapoliskid said:
    Finally joined the site, planning on getting a membership, but going to wait until there's a decent special, last 2 months have been garbage. I wish they'd give us a little heads up on the future ones, I'm kind of worried about my first submission, trying to find a stack of cards worth grading, and getting everything put together in a few days, would be nice to know a few days ahead of time. Think the 70s special will include non-sports?

The bummer about specials is, they exclude tallboys.
    I have some that are not real valuable, that I would like slabbed, but not enough for the 20 needed for the $19 Value bulk.