Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What other antiquities are you into? Show something old and cool!

bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
edited October 25, 2023 2:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I believe that most of us have some sort of gene that just makes us like older stuff from times gone by. This is a crucible brand pockeknife, produced in New York in the late 20's. My father is the person who inspired my collecting bug from a young age, coins, knives, many other antiquities, and I'm sure many of you have a similar story. Show off something neat that isn't a coin.

Comments

• Options

Wow! That looks exquisite and amazing. Thanks for sharing!

• Options

Mister Spud, that is an amazing collection. I am in awe. Love those pieces!

• Options

These are all fantastic collections folks!!!!!

• Options

Wow everyone. Amazing items!

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:

@jfriedm56 said:
    I have a nice collection of early glass plate photographs along with daguerreotype photos and tin type photographs. Here’s also a Kodak Brownie camera from early 20th century.![]

I have a picture very similar. Lol

The men in the photographs do look similar, but mine is a glass plate image and yours looks to be a photograph on paper or cardboard which I believe was produced decades after mine.

• Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

Wow! Great hobbies. I collect Enrico Caruso 78s to play on my 1928 Victrola. Heard about the man at some point growing up. When I bought the Victrola, the seller threw in a couple of his 78s and I was instantly attracted to his voice. While I'm not an opera fan by any stretch; the strength of his voice, captured on a mechanical machine, rather than an amplified machine makes me marvel at the sound quality from that time period. Oh yeah, I also collect geodes.

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@124Spider said:
    I like old mechanical clocks. In a way, they're even better than coins--I have all of them out, ticking/striking/chiming. Every 15 minutes, there's a concert in my house for a minute or so. :)

Do you have to wear ear plugs when you sleep? :#

Excellent question! The answer is "no," for two reasons: (i) one does get used to it, even when sleeping, fairly quickly, and (ii) we no longer have any clocks that strike or chime in the bedroom, and keep the door to the rest of the house closed when we're sleeping (to keep the cats from walking on us at night, but it has the beneficial side-effect of keeping noise out).

:)

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many other collections...good grief!

Here is a small collection of bottle holders executed by German and Austrian firms circa 1900-1910. Pewter, brass and copper.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a specific collection.
    Just anything "old and odd!"

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file