Home Sports Talk

How is OJ Simpson not the greatest back ever ?

13»

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Nazi Germany and the Third Reich"

DD - I have read much and watched numerous videos about this era of history. I have also visited some infamous WW2 sites in Europe, including Dachau in Germany. I won't comment further because it's OT for this forum.

Actually there are a number of trading cards that were produced by European card companies on the subject. I've seen the cards listed on Ebay in Europe. Not sure if PSA grades them or not? A lot of times there are albums to go along with the cards. I've never bought any yet, but perhaps one day when I'm in the mood i will.

Some of the nice albums with many cards included, can be bought fairly inexpensively. Perhaps because there's no legal permission needed or royalties involved. I doubt if there is a Hitler estate, who would sue a card company for using his picture on a trading card - LOL.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to ya and best wishes. 😊

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

@4for4 said:

@doubledragon said:
    You know, @4for4, aka @Goldenage, I have a real problem with being scolded like a child about the forum rules, you start a thread about a double murderer that got off the hook and expect people not to get upset about it, let's talk about his glorious achievements on the field and separate that from the fact that he damn near decapitated his wife and savagely butchered a young man in the prime of his life. You want to know why this thread upsets me so much? Just go over to Google images, type in "Ron Goldman crime scene", and have a long look at what you're great running back did to two human beings. Screw OJ, screw this thread, and screw this forum, I'm done here.

I see you have a problem with following rules because you’re still not following them.

many are enjoying a good discussion here

Here’s your thread where somebody brought up Hitler and did you freak out on them ? No you didn’t. Yeah, OJ was SO much worse then Hitler.

Someone says Hitler can be the GOAT of fame in your thread and you say nothing. I say I don’t like OJ the person but keep it a sports related post and you bring in non sports input and lambast a guy who killed two people out of jealousy, yet you say absolutely nothing about a guy who killed millions with worse torture then OJ used. 🤔

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12900140#Comment_12900140

First of all, still scolding me over the forum rules? How long did it take you to track that thread down? That thread was two years ago, I ignored a lot of crap back then, but as time goes on I have become more inclined to speak my mind, I am well aware of who Adolf Hitler is and what he did, I probably know more about the crimes and atrocities of Nazi Germany and the Third Reich than anyone here. The death camps, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Belzec, the gas chambers and crematoriums, the concentration camps, the death marches and burial pits, the final solution, I know how evil Hitler was. When I first saw this thread, I gave my opinion and was content to leave it at that, but you had to scold me about the forum rules and that added a bit of fuel to the fire. Look @4for4, I don't want you to leave this place and I hope that you'll stay, I know how much you enjoy the forum, I'm done arguing about this, I'm letting it go. I'm going to take a break from this place for a while everyone, I'll continue to run the forum NFL picks contest because I always finish a job, but I think it's best if I take a break for a while.

Well, I am glad you are not done here DD. I also hope you dont stay away too long. It is football season, and that is the best season on ST!

Thanks buddy, I won't stay gone too long. 🖒

@stevek said:
    "Nazi Germany and the Third Reich"

DD - I have read much and watched numerous videos about this era of history. I have also visited some infamous WW2 sites in Europe, including Dachau in Germany. I won't comment further because it's OT for this forum.

Actually there are a number of trading cards that were produced by European card companies on the subject. I've seen the cards listed on Ebay in Europe. Not sure if PSA grades them or not? A lot of times there are albums to go along with the cards. I've never bought any yet, but perhaps one day when I'm in the mood i will.

Some of the nice albums with many cards included, can be bought fairly inexpensively. Perhaps because there's no legal permission needed or royalties involved. I doubt if there is a Hitler estate, who would sue a card company for using his picture on a trading card - LOL.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to ya and best wishes. 😊

Thanks Steve, I just need a little break from the place, I won't be gone too long, and our bet still stands!

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish everyone here would leave. Then I could have the place all to myself. Nothing but non-stop Eagles and Phillies threads. Proclaiming Philly teams and fans to be the greatest of all time.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭

If doubledragon and 4for4 were to leave for good then they just might have to shut down the Sports Talk Forum .

I have noticed that there has been a lot less activity on all of the forums lately, maybe for about 3 days or so.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I wish everyone here would leave. Then I could have the place all to myself. Nothing but non-stop Eagles and Phillies threads. Proclaiming Philly teams and fans to be the greatest of all time.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤢 🤮

@4for4 said:

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:
    You know, @4for4, aka @Goldenage, I have a real problem with being scolded like a child about the forum rules, you start a thread about a double murderer that got off the hook and expect people not to get upset about it, let's talk about his glorious achievements on the field and separate that from the fact that he damn near decapitated his wife and savagely butchered a young man in the prime of his life. You want to know why this thread upsets me so much? Just go over to Google images, type in "Ron Goldman crime scene", and have a long look at what you're great running back did to two human beings. Screw OJ, screw this thread, and screw this forum, I'm done here.

I hope you decide to continue hanging around here buddy. This place is definitely more fun when you are around!

I agree DD. I’m stepping away for good. This is my final entry. No more 4for4. Come back and enjoy the forum. ☮️

You're not leaving, because I won't let you leave. If you leave, I swear I'll leave for good until you come back, so you have no choice but to stay. We all get into spats every now and then, but it's not the end of the world. Truth be told, I've been here about 4 years or so and I've done so many threads on so many different things that I'm just flat burned out, my brain is mush, this place needs you to help keep it going. When I first started here, I tried to keep my personal opinions to myself, but as time went along I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my mind, it has led to fights in the past, but it always blows over. I've already forgotten about this and you should too, it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@4for4 said:

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

I hope you decide to continue hanging around here buddy. This place is definitely more fun when you are around!

I agree DD. I’m stepping away for good. This is my final entry. No more 4for4. Come back and enjoy the forum. ☮️

You're not leaving, because I won't let you leave. If you leave, I swear I'll leave for good until you come back, so you have no choice but to stay. We all get into spats every now and then, but it's not the end of the world. Truth be told, I've been here about 4 years or so and I've done so many threads on so many different things that I'm just flat burned out, my brain is mush, this place needs you to help keep it going. When I first started here, I tried to keep my personal opinions to myself, but as time went along I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my mind, it has led to fights in the past, but it always blows over. I've already forgotten about this and you should too, it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

But where is @4for4

His settings are private. Is he around?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It would be like the movie home alone!!! I would love that!

I would do nothing but eat pizza and drink chocolate milk all day and post nothing but patriots and tom brady stuff ALL DAY.

wait a minute, arent those all the things i am already doing...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

If people don't stop threatening to leave........ I am going to leave.
    Wait.....what?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set