Home Sports Talk

Share with us any mind blowing stat.

2»

Comments

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@Applejacks said:
    I don’t know if this is truly amazing but it’s the first time I ever noticed it.

Alex Ovechkin in a 4-1 loss to Toronto this week had more shots on goal (14), then his own goalie had saves (13).

Washington outshot Toronto like 37 to 17 and lost 4-1.

When else has a player ever had more shots on goal then his own goalie had saves ?

Probably not too many times in a game where the goalie plays all 60.

Its probably not the first time. Ovi often leads the league in shots and has numerous double digit shot games. He has the most shots in NHL history

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 1956, Mickey Mantle hit 52 home runs, a total that not only led every hitter from both leagues, his .353 batting average and 130 RBIs also led both leagues: the rare MLB Triple Crown, not just AL. That season, the Mick became the second Bronx Bomber to win the Triple Crown (Lou Gehrig won it first in 1934), the first and only switch-hitter to win a Triple Crown and he won the first of his three Most Valuable Player Awards; this one was unanimous, the first time any Bronx Bomber won it unanimously (and still the only instance by a Yankee).

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2023 2:29AM

@Basebal21 said:

@Tabe said:

@Applejacks said:
    I don’t know if this is truly amazing but it’s the first time I ever noticed it.

Alex Ovechkin in a 4-1 loss to Toronto this week had more shots on goal (14), then his own goalie had saves (13).

Washington outshot Toronto like 37 to 17 and lost 4-1.

When else has a player ever had more shots on goal then his own goalie had saves ?

Probably not too many times in a game where the goalie plays all 60.

Its probably not the first time. Ovi often leads the league in shots and has numerous double digit shot games. He has the most shots in NHL history

That’s a fair point. If 8 ever beats Gretzky’s record I hope they understand the shot difference between the two.

Here are the best “shooters “ even though guys like Bossy and Nifty scored within 5 feet of the net while Mario scored from anywhere inside the blue line.

Everyone on this list besides Mario scored from the hash marks or closer.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trouty, the "greatest clutch hitter of our generation", has only 3 career walkoff homeruns amongst his 368 career homeruns.

Adolis Garcia, with only 97 career regular season homeruns, also has 3 career regular season walkoffs. And now tonight, Garcia has added a postseason walkoff homerun to his resume, as well.

It goes without saying that Garcia's one career postseason walkoff homerun is one more postseason walkoff homerun than Trouty has in his career.

• ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

Some say Otto Graham was the greatest QB in NFL history.

He was also head coach of the winning team in the highest scoring game in NFL history.