Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2023 Banners

Does PCGS ever plan to put the 2023 banners next to the registry set winners???
Contest ending a while ago and still no banners

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are way behind on a lot of things. I have 41 modern 2023 coins and medals that I have requested to be given slots in registry sets in the past 2 months and they have not updated any of them. I am a bit worried that some helpful Registry set and IT personnel have left.

• Options
    SametsSamets Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    They are way behind on a lot of things. I have 41 modern 2023 coins and medals that I have requested to be given slots in registry sets in the past 2 months and they have not updated any of them. I am a bit worried that some helpful Registry set and IT personnel have left.

That makes sense, I've requested a few world registry sets added and it's been months.

• Options

Two of my sets don't even have the 2022 tags on 'em yet... :s

• Options

@golden said:
    In the year 2525 if man is still alive.

Around the same time that oceanfront property is selling in Antarctica.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd much prefer they get around to fixing all the missing images in Digital Albums. Or, should I say, "former" Digital Albums. That issue affects a lot more people. But I can certainly understand how someone with a #1-ranked set would be upset by not having a banner. And I also have friends who fall into that category.

Good luck to us all.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the banners are a low priority. So much to fix

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will we get the 2023 banners before the 2024 deadline of June 30,2024?

• Options

@Vandaleak_Collection said:
    All good with the banners for 2023. Patience is key. I just heard that the 2023 ones will be issued in 2024 as 2023/4 overdates at the same time as they issue 2024 banners.

Are you kidding me????
    Where did you hear this?
    I really don't understand why it would take so long to add a banner, they hard a firm deadline on when to have all the coins in the set completed, so why a YEAR delay in the banners
    Really geting fed up!

• Options

@alaura22 said:

All good with the banners for 2023. Patience is key. I just heard that the 2023 ones will be issued in 2024 as 2023/4 overdates at the same time as they issue 2024 banners.

Are you kidding me????
    Where did you hear this?
    I really don't understand why it would take so long to add a banner, they hard a firm deadline on when to have all the coins in the set completed, so why a YEAR delay in the banners
    Really geting fed up!

Now I feel bad. That was my attempt at humour. The thought of a best of the registry overdate just tickled me. I agree that this is frustrating and am just trying to see the humour in this. Sorry!!! Hopefully we will have them soon.

Currently looking for Proof Half Sovereigns…….

• Options

Since Collectors Universe was purchased by Collectors Holdings, Inc. a private company in 2021, a lot of things have changed. Consider downloading copies of your coin inventory and registry set databases. IT support has been updating the PSA, marketplaces, and the new WATA side of the business based on a look at the Collectors.com website. Coin collecting support is focused on the mass production early grading for advanced and bulk dealer submissions, where the money is made. The registry seems to be lower priority, or we would have seen 2023 banners months ago.

• Options

Another month has come and gone and still no 2023 banners. Maybe Santa Claus will bring them or maybe the Easter Bunny.

• Options

@golden said:
    Another month has come and gone and still no 2023 banners. Maybe Santa Claus will bring them or maybe the Easter Bunny.

Don't count on it!

• Options

Banners are up.

• Options

Were we to get some kind of pin?

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:

Mike,
    That is a yes on the pin.
    I received an email from Paulina last week (December 8th) to verify my address so she could send my Best Of Registry Certificates (15) and a Pcgs pin.
    In order to get the certificates, she must physically go into work to produce them and then mail them out.
    I will let you know when they arrive.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited December 23, 2023 11:13PM

@WAYNEAS said:

@alaura22 said:

Mike,
    I received an email from Paulina last week (December 8th) to verify my address so she could send my Best Of Registry Certificates (15) and a Pcgs pin.
    In order to get the certificates, she must physically go into work to produce them and then mail them out.
    Wayne

Wayne
    I didn't get any email from Paulina, and I thought that they stoped with the certificates?
    Thanks for the heads up
    Mike

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    @WAYNEAS said:

@alaura22 said:

Mike,
    Wayne

Wayne
    I didn't get any email from Paulina, and I thought that they stopped with the certificates?
    Thanks for the heads up
    Mike

They still do the Best of Registry Certificates (heavy paper type) but only upon request by the set owner.
    PCGS stopped issuing the plaques which they replaced with the "pins" and limited them to only one per person per LEVEL: Gold Level, Platinum Level, Hof and 10 Year Anniversary Level.

There were rumors that you could order a metal type plaque, but you had to pay for it.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Wayne
    Thanks, maybe I'll make contact after the new year if I don't hear from her

• Options

They apparently killed off the pay-for-plaque option too - at least I haven't seen any offers yet. Every time I've requested paper certificates in the past, they've never shown up. I've given up on ever having anyone on their end answer any form of customer service inquiry :neutral:

• Options

Gee, I never knew of others never getting their "paper certificates" when they contacted PCGS requesting them.
    I have received every single one.
    My first one was in 2019.
    I believe that the 2023 awards will come sometime in January.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Has anyone received their certificates?

• Options

I haven't.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

I haven't.
    Wayne

Me either.............. :/

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2024 10:03AM

Anyone see a 2023 pin yet??

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

I received my 2 pins on Saturday, one gold winner and one Best of Registry, altough I had 4 top sets and only received 1 pin!> @WaterSport said:

Anyone see a 2022 pin yet??

You did mean 2023 right?

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, @alaura22 . Did the two pins come automatically, or did you have to request them?

My recollection from last year is they only send you one pin for each “Type”.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

Steve
    They just sent them, 1 Gold and 1 Best of Registry. :)

• Options

I spoke with Paulina thru email last week and she said that they started mailing the pins around the last week of January but then they had some type of application error and until that is resolved they will not ship anymore.
    I did not receive any reply on the shipment of the paper certifcates (that you must request) or why there is no master list accessible under the 2023 awards on the awards page.
    My understanding is that the "pins" are an automatic and need no special request to receive them.
    It is a one pin per type of award given so for my 17 best of registry sets ranked #1, I will only receive a single blue pin in total.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

I received my pins today.

• Options

Has anyone received the hard copy paper certs yet?
    Thanks
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Still nothing received by me. :(
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

Wayne
    You still didn't get your pins and paper certifcates?
    Time for another call to Pualina.......
    Sorry

• Options

@alaura22 said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

Wayne
    You still didn't get your pins and paper certifcates?
    Time for another call to Pualina.......
    Sorry

You are right on making a phone call to Paulina but I feel that I am not alone on not receiving pins and certificates.
    I sent emails and left a voice message today but have not heard back from her as of yet. :#
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

I haven’t received my pin, but I never called, as I read above that unlike the certificates, the pins were being mailed automatically. Is that incorrect?

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

@winesteven said:
    I haven’t received my pin, but I never called, as I read above that unlike the certificates, the pins were being mailed automatically. Is that incorrect?

Steve

Got mine without asking

• Options
    edited March 1, 2024 12:24PM

I spoke with Paulina a few minutes ago.

First, Emilio is back and being bought back up to speed. He will be working off site but will be attending shows at the Pcgs Customer Service desk.

Secondly, there has been no paper certificates mailed out as of yet and there is still a delay on the pins being mailed out.
    Presently, Paulina is the only one handling this along with her other numerous duties. When Emilio is back up and running, this will allow her to get back into the office to print and mail the pins and certificates.
    The pins will be mailed out to all winners without being requested for by a winner. The paper certification awards still must be requested by the set owner to receive it.

Thirdly, there will not be a Best of Registry list added to the annual awards web page as it was discountinued in 2022.
    Just too many BOM winners to list?
    You will be able to view the 2023 award winners (other than the BOM winners) when IT adds the drop down button.

Forthly, the 2023 coin slot requirements are slowly being added when requested on a one on one phone call.
    This will become an automatic set requirement when Set Registry decides to activate the requirement.
    When that will be at this time is unclear.
    To be fair to them, remember that there are hundred of thousands of sets that need maintaining along with new sets being developed.
    Finally, please remember, that I am in my 70's and my memory retention is suspect.😃
    Wayne
    edited typo error.
    W

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Wayne
    Thanks for the great update :)

• Options

Pcgs has added the 2023 award winners drop down button onto its website. As I stated above it will not list the BOR Blue Ribbon winners.
    Sill no paper certs or pins for me.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

No pins here either.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    Pcgs has added the 2023 award winners drop down button onto its website. As I stated above it will not list the BOR Blue Ribbon winners.
    Sill no paper certs or pins for me.
    Wayne

@WaterSport said:
    No pins here either.

WS

WOW
    I feel bad for both of you guys :/

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven: your 2/27 post is correct. There was only a need to respond if your address changed. Did you ever get your pins? I’m still waiting….

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options

@rnkmyer1 said:
    @winesteven: your 2/27 post is correct. There was only a need to respond if your address changed. Did you ever get your pins? I’m still waiting….

I'm still waiting too. Oh well.

Steve

• Options

Waiting. Maybe they will arrive when the 2024 awards start?

• Options

Still no here.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

I'm starting to feel real guilty, am I the only one how has received the pins?

• Options

Some one has dropped the ball...

WS

• Options

No pins or certificates for me. I asked a month or so ago and no response……guess they are busy!