Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SP 1793 Flowing Hair Wreath Cent error coin/planchet/plain crumbled edge

SlickCoinsSlickCoins Posts: 658 ✭✭✭
edited August 7, 2023 9:43AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I need an ok from mods If I am allowed, for I haven't even brought it up, just now I'm dying to ;)

Also in the same method, I said about reading Steve Feltner saying come get walkthrough grading at site prices, which I also said it must've changed.
I've got emails confirming I got show standard, so I'm wrong to complain a polished coin received a 64+ when my 64 is clearly better.

Send it in to pcgs when I was told at the show you all do outsourcing for it, just as Roger said, "send it anywhere and I'll know" I was testing that theory, so I waited patiently for Steve to finish the last meet the grader to then get pounced by security, when my question was/is super easy to answer= yes we outsource to the real expert from mine to mint is not just a theory all.

Imagine that was my old camera and I'm a camera guy so thousands of pictures taken and now I've got a brand new one :)

I'm not against anyone, I'm against the I don't want to work, for I don't have to it's fake.
With what evidence?
I'm still waiting

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:
    Not sure if I need more coffee or to grab some morning whiskey to try and make sense of this

Love it! :D

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@SlickCoins said:
    ...to then get pounced by security...

That sounds about right.

But are you sure they were "security"? Were they wearing white lab coats and carrying big nets? 🤔

Picturing Steve Feltner and Roger Burdette with big nets... :D

• Options
    edited August 6, 2023 12:39PM

You all are great, I've never said otherwise.

Very smart and very biased, just I agree with this.

For what it seems to me an outsider, is almost like I'm promoting myself to prodigy levels, in fact I've been blaming this for my failures.

It was funny that security was there to block my one question and then Steve darted behind the black curtains, to only then show up early before the show even started to openly walk right in and all the way to the back,,, security here lol more like security fail.

Again I'm not against anyone for I know what I'm saying and doing is unheard of, just why should I stop based on knowledge that I've collected, Or if I can see the muled coin origination, or other stuff I can see.

I've never resorted to calling anyone names or disrespect, well unless you call me calling out the,, I don't have to it's fake.

I don't wanna go to sing sing and eat that slop. :)

A wellness check on a high level IT tech low level clearance 2, yes this should be epic.

• Options
    RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2023 12:41PM

All I can say is wow, wish I didn't bother reading this thread, I was attracted to the 1793 SP in the title of course probably like the rest of you. When will the Forum get back to normal with zero crazies is all I would like to know.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Here's my 1793 proof, it's very rare and I think the mint director or mint engraver made it as a special piece.

Yes but is it the crumbling edge variety? I think not.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IkesT said:
    It's the whispering edge variety. ;)

I hear it! It's saying "I'm real, research me and tell my story"

• Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

nice coin i guess if someone offered it to me id lose out on a chance of a life time. id call it fake out of ignorance ive never seen something so covetable.

• Options
    JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭

I’m REALLY curious if anyone here has met Slick in person. If so, does his personality in real life match his online personality?

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@IkesT said:
    It's the whispering edge variety. ;)

I hear it! It's saying "I'm real, research me and tell my story"

Lol! This just reminded me of the “whispering vdb” debacle months ago :D

• Options

is this coin fake i cannot find one like it anywhere. if its genuine whats itsvalue

• Options

the giveaway is the missing leaves under liberty denoting the variant of the coin i believe

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeLewis said:
    I’m REALLY curious if anyone here has met Slick in person. If so, does his personality in real life match his online personality?

Does ChatGPT have a personality?

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options

Do you all really think these answers are good enough?

I mean attacking the OP, some have gone ahead and said I disrespected fellow members shoot Roger thinks I disrespected him, oh I get it I think.

By not accepting your authority aka advanced knowledge, you all are saying in a way that I have disrespected you and others, correct?

Thanks again

• Options
    edited August 6, 2023 2:59PM

I notice nobody mentions the crumbled edge, is this cause it's not in your books and are the words of Adam?

Funny how the ejection marks which are super rare to the point that all should be prized regardless of how grotesque.

Is this how you all respond when the other book is being used against your new books?

Instead of actually making sound informed responses, this is what we can expect?

Please unanimously shut down our ancestors books or shut down the words in them for they match my coin.

I'm not making this stuff up

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should you ever figure out how to ask a coherent question or garner a coherent thought for that matter you might actually get an answer. Otherwise you are correct, you will still be waiting...

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, but not in a wonderful way.
    This is a coin I absolutely cannot and never could care about, but Slick has somehow made me feel very uncomfortable, practically ashamed, for not caring... 🤔.

• Options
    hbarbeehbarbee Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

I do not comment on posts like this but I do wish the OP and those like him could use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in the posts. It would make them easier to read. Lacking such skills is, however, a common occurrence for such entertaining discussions.

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@gumby1234 said:
    Yes but is it the crumbling edge variety? I think not.

This was the first one made and the collar had not started to crumble yet. ;)

Kind of funny in a sad sort of way, I'm sure most know the genuine ones were not struck in a collar; the Chinese fakes are another story...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertScotLover said:
    All I can say is wow, wish I didn't bother reading this thread, I was attracted to the 1793 SP in the title of course probably like the rest of you. When will the Forum get back to normal with zero crazies is all I would like to know.

You must be new. We all knew what this thread was about before opening it. It's been going on for months

• Options

@hbarbee said:
    I do not comment on posts like this but I do wish the OP and those like him could use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in the posts. It would make them easier to read. Lacking such skills is, however, a common occurrence for such entertaining discussions.

In this case, I think the grammar/syntax is the least of the problems.

• Options

@SlickCoins said:
    I notice nobody mentions the crumbled edge, is this cause it's not in your books and are the words of Adam?

Funny how the ejection marks which are super rare to the point that all should be prized regardless of how grotesque.

Is this how you all respond when the other book is being used against your new books?

Instead of actually making sound informed responses, this is what we can expect?

Please unanimously shut down our ancestors books or shut down the words in them for they match my coin.

I'm not making this stuff up

Have you ever posted a picture of the "crumbled edge "?

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

The members of this forum just feed the beast. Trying to show who is the most clever or righteous. It is the same pattern members take with posts about pocket change finds or microscope pictures of Lincoln Cents. How about ignoring these posts....nah....that will never happen.

• Options

Found the edge images; not my finest moment here, my post got closed and I removed most of the controversial content...

• Options
    edited August 6, 2023 6:28PM

Yes those are the wrong color pics since my glass was broken and I can get better examples, just remember the answers I got then and well I've advanced, about this proper grammar yes I've mentioned I use swipe to drag words to completion thus far I've been riddled with typos I call swipos, just regardless lack of or professional you got a D college essay, which I've never been a fan of on forums, I would correct mine but then it gets flagged.

Even if proper English or what not, I firmly believe you all would be the same, right from the beginning. Expected yes but I thought maybe more knowledge would be behind cancelling of anyone.

I keep forgetting, I'm the one being judge and not my coin, yes we have all seen my coin and it shows true Master Engraver just your books and all coins have shown the lack of, except I haven't even looked at the supposed SP Chain cent.

All I've got is mine & the ones you got and when I link them with matching marks on mine to the ones that are graded I get the same answers, the pictures above show better without magnifying and I can link the same crumbling to the 1795 large plain edge cent.

• Options

You are not even remotely coherent...

Eric, I truly wish you could find the correct forum for you that could better help your situation than here. I personally tried to help when you contacted EAC and I got saddled with trying, but eventually after so many emailed responses like this I finally just had to block you and admit my failure...

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand what is happening and won't pretend that I do. But I will say that if the slab does not fit, you must resubmit. Just make sure you know what you're talking about and aren't wasting fees. You could bring whatever it is that you think you have to a PCGS authorized dealer for a second opinion. They will tell you if you are being realistic or not.

• Options
    edited August 6, 2023 9:48PM

Wow I didn't ask for all those emails and told you on the very first one who I was, we got saddled in but I thought like I said and thanks anyways.

On this coin that nobody likes, correct for in 1793 they hated it which probably makes me like it even more.

It is incredible with in my opinion and ranks right up there next to my half dime, awesome work and I guess copied out the wazoo but most those look horrible in my opinion and don't get me wrong, if you all remember my history, when the package slid out I was instantly disappointed, then well the rest is more history.

Anyways I get it for nobody liked it back then why should I ask you to like it today, I wouldn't do as my ancestors did but hey to each is their own.

The anti counterfeit protection never gets mentioned nor theory tested, for we all know the lath would be all over the place, blotches where the bumps are and in or on every example you have provided me has them, hmmm 🤔 maybe you all are right and know how things would work better than I, I just call them as I see them.

Robert Scott changed his name to Scot (with only one 't'), when he moved to Fredericksburg, Virginia in 1775.

So yes you're correct :)

Thanks all

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭

I read through all this BS and still haven't seen the coin. I'm so confused.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    I read through all this BS and still haven't seen the coin. I'm so confused.

It looks like this:

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

This show goes on every weekend. It is Monday. I am hoping this will be the Final Fantasy.

This discussion has been closed.