Home Sports Talk
Options

Cool game to play to test your baseball knowledge

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

Cool Lookin' Rick... B)

Just looked Rick Volk up, never heard of him, he had a really good career.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Not the best but I actually completed one!

• Options

Ted Klu not a HOF'er...

• Options
    Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Willie McGee and HoJo fried my score

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t fool around with these grids anymore. If it wants a Cardinal with 30 stolen bases I’m going Vince Coleman or 100 RBI’s it’s Stan Musial. In fact I try to pick the highest percentage. Too many Jim Palmers with 199 season k’s in my history with this game.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

some days i play this game and walk away thinking i have early onset dementia

then there are days like today when things appear out of the deep, dark recesses of my mind and i'm like wtf

take today's donut hole, for example. it was my last square and i refused to blow up my score with Jose Reyes. so i thought about it, and thought about it, and thought about it, and thought about it, and then it finally happened as my brain was starting to ooze from my ears: i recall Lance Johnson going berserk for the Mets one season

29 and i'll most definitely take it

• Options

@Darin said:
    I don’t fool around with these grids anymore. If it wants a Cardinal with 30 stolen bases I’m going Vince Coleman or 100 RBI’s it’s Stan Musial. In fact I try to pick the highest percentage. Too many Jim Palmers with 199 season k’s in my history with this game.

You’ve just got to find the guys who check a lot of boxes. Stick with mostly the same names and read about others from the daily summary.

• Options
    edited December 23, 2023 11:56AM

@Browns1981 said:

@Darin said:

You’ve just got to find the guys who check a lot of boxes. Stick with mostly the same names and read about others from the daily summary.

I don’t really care about the score I get, I’m just happy if I get all 9 correct. You’re really good with the old timers and the newer guys so you make very few mistakes unlike me.

I got a 131 score but was just glad to get all correct answers. My best was cardinal HOF’er Dizzy Dean at 5%.

• Options

@Browns1981 said:

@Darin said:

Great tip @Browns1981, I always wonder how you get some of these names from over 100 years ago. lol. So I was just checking this out and I still can't figure how to read about others from the daily summary. When I click on daily summary it just shows my track record, and that won't help anyone. lol TIA

• Options

part of my thought process... :)

• Options
    edited December 23, 2023 1:50PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@Browns1981 said:

@Darin said:

Great tip @Browns1981, I always wonder how you get some of these names from over 100 years ago. lol. So I was just checking this out and I still can't figure how to read about others from the daily summary. When I click on daily summary it just shows my track record, and that won't help anyone. lol TIA

Jut scroll down to the “possible answers” section and click the numbers to see who was a possible answer.

• Options

one of these days I'm going to complete football, basketball and baseball on the same day

• Options

• Options

@Browns1981 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@Browns1981 said:

@Darin said:

Jut scroll down to the “possible answers” section and click the numbers to see who was a possible answer.

Thank you.

• Options

that is really kinda creepy

after i post mine i take a look at everyone else's, and i did not notice that!

• Options

Score 6. This took about 5 minutes. All black and white picture day.

• Options

• Options

I'm still lost with that W.A.R. gig....

and Landry didn't do the footballer one with his Boyz....what's up with that???

• Options

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

I'll check it out, I am not too good at the football ones, I usually stick to the baseball. Merry Christmas Groce!

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

The safest way to go with WAR is pick a superstar for particular team who's been with particular team a long time.

• Options

Here you go Groce, that's all I got. lol

• Options
    edited December 24, 2023 11:41AM

Merry Christmas Groce!

right back at ya... :)

• Options

Ok..I think I’s got this W.A.R. covered…I just Suck with New School Teams… :)
    Texans
    Panthers
    Jaguars
    Rockies
    Marlins
    D-Backs

• Options

Merry Christmas to you and your families. I made some guesses on the 1st bass column. I figured since these guys were infielders they would have played 1st late in their careers. Buddy only spent half a season in Houston at the end.

• Options

@Browns1981 said:

Merry Christmas to you and your families. I made some guesses on the 1st bass column. I figured since these guys were infielders they would have played 1st late in their careers. Buddy only spent half a season in Houston at the end.

Nice one with Minnie.... :)

I asked Minnie if he would sign my cast in '83...

• Options

• Options

• Options

i waved the white flag and took Shady

a couple of others were educated stabs

• Options

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i waved the white flag and took Shady

a couple of others were educated stabs

hey galaxy27 … I should have picked up on Nick Mike-Mayer… :)

• Options

• Options
    edited December 27, 2023 8:54AM

@GroceryRackPack Mike-Mayer was one of my educated stabs lol. i remember him kicking for the Bills, and vaguely doing so for the Falcons

• Options
    edited December 27, 2023 9:01AM

no time for the 2-team crapola today

• Options

• Options

My only 1% or less answer today was Ken Brett played for Royals and Red Sox.
    I excel at Royals not so much the other teams.😳

• Options

runnin' behind schedule with some grids for the day...I'm not sure sure if I can come out and play today... :)

• Options
    edited December 27, 2023 12:55PM

hey @galaxy27 ...I'm totally with ya on the footballer today....

• Options

I'll stick with my Braves on this one.

• Options

• Options

• Options

I'll have to call Sheldon Cooper later today for some help with Fun With Flags... :)

• Options

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I'll have to call Sheldon Cooper later today for some help with Fun With Flags... :)

Groce just click on the flag and it tells you what country it represents.

• Options

• Options

@Browns1981 when I went to review 2000+ hits for the Angels it shows every player in history with 2000+ hits, and when I went to narrow it down to the Angels it asked to sign up for a paid subscription. Oh well.

• Options

Sometimes they don’t get the filters right on the summary answers, not sure why.

• Options

• Options

Fun With Flags is Not Fun... :(