Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Vegas

Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in Vegas for a work conference. Are there any coin shops worth checking out? I see some listed when I Google it but not sure which ones, if any, are known to have a big selection of type coins, etc.

This place is wild…. 😂

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

Comments

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crap tables here we come.............
    Good luck

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Crap tables here we come.............
    Good luck

I’m more of a sports book guy MAYBE the hold ‘em tables. As long as @habaraca isn’t at the same table.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 8:33PM

Sahara coin

Las Vegas coin company is a bit smaller but they usually have some interesting stuff.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Archangel is supposed to be good

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 9:04PM

My kinda guy...............
    I'm right there with ya
    All the hard ways too

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collectors Gallery, downtown LV, on Fremont St.

Very few coins worth buying, but they also sell booze. 😛

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you like the show Pawn Stars you should go to Gold and Silver Pawn shop near old Vegas.

Then head to Fremont Street a few blocks away.

Well worth the cab fare😎

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My game in Vegas is Blackjack.... usually win or break even at least... Never play the dice, I like a bit of control. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    If you like the show Pawn Stars you should go to Gold and Silver Pawn shop near old Vegas.

Well worth the cab fare😎

Pawn Stars aka gold and Silver Pawn, has turned into a souvenir shop for Pawn Stars. If you go in, it will ruin your outlook of the show. There are NO Pawn Stars in the store….good luck!

• Options

@Herb_T said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Well worth the cab fare😎

Pawn Stars aka gold and Silver Pawn, has turned into a souvenir shop for Pawn Stars. If you go in, it will ruin your outlook of the show. There are NO Pawn Stars in the store….good luck!

Sorry it ruined your outlook of the show but I loved it. There is a stand up life size photo of Rick that I stood next to for a pic and my wife took a pic of me closing a deal with one of the employees.

Lots of coins and other memorabilia too. Rumor has it that occasionally the boys stop by for real but that is a bonus.

Fremont Street is awesome too!😎

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2023 7:24AM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

>
    There is a stand up life size photo of Rick that I stood next to for a pic and my wife took a pic of me closing a deal with one of the employees.

:D:D

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    edited May 31, 2023 8:18AM

@OAKSTAR said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

>
    There is a stand up life size photo of Rick that I stood next to for a pic and my wife took a pic of me closing a deal with one of the employees.

Obviously you have never been there🙄

You should spend some time traveling instead of spending all of your time commenting here.

There is a whole world for you to explore outside!🤣😂

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

>

You should spend some time traveling instead of spending all of your time commenting here.

Let me tell you a little story there W boy! I had to retire so I could stop traveling. 😂 🤣

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

>

Let me tell you a little story there W boy! I had to retire so I could stop traveling. 😂 🤣

Shocker....another insult🙄

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to pawn stars. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@horseyride said:
    Recent article that says table minimums are now regularly $25, roulette wheels have gone to 3 zeroes , blackjack pays 6:5, etc. Take a walk and save $ for every minute you are out doors

Fremont Street has $5 blackjack tables! I think it was in the Golden Nugget.😉

• Options

@baseballjeff said:
    My son and I went to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, and we actually met Rick and Chumlee. I bought a coin there, and actually had them autograph the case for me! I am no Trumper, but meeting Rick and Chumlee was an amazing experience, one my son and I will never forget.

Awesome! I am jealous!😎

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@horseyride said:
    Recent article that says table minimums are now regularly $25, roulette wheels have gone to 3 zeroes , blackjack pays 6:5, etc. Take a walk and save $ for every minute you are out doors

Fremont Street has $5 blackjack tables! I think it was in the Golden Nugget.😉

They used to have a gold vending machine in the same hall as the Nugget. Not sure if it’s still there.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife went to Pawn Stars and bought me some old dollars there.

Ken
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had great experiences with Archangel, definitely recommend checking them out.
    I also found good cherry picking at Sahara.

Both also sell on eBay.

• Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

If looking for a great place for dinner I highly recommend Yardbird in the walkway between Palazzo and Venetian,,, fantastic every time. Have fun!

Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options

My niece got her pic taken with Chumly a few years back. He was very nice, but she was pretty sure he was stoned.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

@ponderit said:
    If looking for a great place for dinner I highly recommend Yardbird in the walkway between Palazzo and Venetian,,, fantastic every time. Have fun!

We went to Buddy V’s at the Venetian.

The bolognese … 🤌🏼 fuhgeddaboudit

• Options

LERS GO NURGETS

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:
    LERS GO NURGETS

That sounds like three beers in Bro'! :D

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. Paul.........

• Options

Hitting up Fremont st and a few coin shops today hopefully

• Options

@Pnies20 said:
    Hitting up Fremont st and a few coin shops today hopefully

You will have so much fun! Make sure you have some cash to tip the street performers and I hope you like loud music! There are several stages where musical acts perform.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vegas meh, been there done that many times. I did enjoy the mob museum, they have a shine still in the basement and used to give out samples.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mt. Charleston is a few miles northwest of Las Vegas.

Mt. Charleston summit area

An airplane crashed near the summit in 1955.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

Fremont St is a blast....great people watching.

Dave

• Options

So.....how was Fremont Street?😂🤣

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

It reminded me of Broadway in Nashville with slot machines. It was cool! I really liked Circa. Best sports book I’ve been to.

The Collector’s gallery was a hodgepodge of overpriced stuff and random junk. If you can buy liquor, a bag of chips and a PCGS graded seated quarter it’s my kind of place.

• Options

@Pnies20 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

It reminded me of Broadway in Nashville with slot machines. It was cool! I really liked Circa. Best sports book I’ve been to.

The Collector’s gallery was a hodgepodge of overpriced stuff and random junk. If you can buy liquor, a bag of chips and a PCGS graded seated quarter it’s my kind of place.

Glad you had a good time. I have never been to Nashville but when I go.....I am going to Broadway!!😂🤣

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Pnies20 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Glad you had a good time. I have never been to Nashville but when I go.....I am going to Broadway!!😂🤣

Come to the show in October. Will be a good time!!!

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

@Herb_T said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Well worth the cab fare😎

I agree it is different than one would expect. They are sure selling their name and fame on the merchandise. I was a little shocked. I did purchase a few items of interest. I was also let in during the tail end of filming. besides the staff I think there were maybe five so called customers besides myself. So, it was nice until they let a hundred people in. This was a while back and I did meet Chumly, I spoke with him one on one and got pictures and autographs. Rick and his dad had just walked out the side entrance. I probably wouldn't go again.

• Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    My game in Vegas is Blackjack.... usually win or break even at least...

Yeah right...

• Options

Gambler's lament: "I'm hoping to break even, I could really use the money."

• Options

@Pizzaman said:

Pizzaman's lament: I have nothing better to do than criticize someone on an online forum🙄

• Options

@Pizzaman said:

@ricko said:
    My game in Vegas is Blackjack.... usually win or break even at least...

Yeah right...

Some folks do well gambling 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pizzaman... I have lost money (a small amount... less than $50) three times in Vegas. All the other times (20+) I have won or broke even..... No brag, just fact. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:
    They’re all mixed up but I will label them here in a little bit @habaraca

>

Assume those are Chumly and Rick look-a-likes?

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Pizzaman said:

Pizzaman's lament: I have nothing better to do than criticize someone on an online forum🙄

Poor little thing, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Is there any way I can make it up to you? I value your friendship. Will you at least accept my apology? I'm like really really sorry.

• Options

@Pizzaman said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Pizzaman said:

Poor little thing, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Is there any way I can make it up to you? I value your friendship. Will you at least accept my apology? I'm like really really sorry.

Oh. Well gosh oh golly Pizzaman. I see you are still lamenting about having nothing better to do with your life!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file