Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thoughts on this card doctoring video

13»

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have thought for a while that the trimming "scandal" may lead to more collectors buying lower-grade copies as they are less likely to have been trimmed.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I have thought for a while that the trimming "scandal" may lead to more collectors buying lower-grade copies as they are less likely to have been trimmed.

Recently I’ve been buying vintage HOF baseball - graded authentic - but otherwise appearing NM - at substantial discounts.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

People should collect what they enjoy.
    No shame in collecting low grade raw cards or only PSA 10's of HOF rookies.
    If you are going to let the idea that a card you own might have been trimmed at one point or another, even if it's been slabbed, you might want to find a different hobby.
    I am sure some of the cards in my set have "come under the knife ", I'm not going to send even one in to be regraded.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    People should collect what they enjoy.
    No shame in collecting low grade raw cards or only PSA 10's of HOF rookies.
    If you are going to let the idea that a card you own might have been trimmed at one point or another, even if it's been slabbed, you might want to find a different hobby.
    I am sure some of the cards in my set have "come under the knife ", I'm not going to send even one in to be regraded.

hey JoeBanzai,

That was Perfectly Typed... :)