Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1966 Kennedy Half Dollar, Lamination, Clamshell Error.

arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

While searching half dollars today, I pulled this 1966 Kennedy half dollar Clamshell lamination error. This is the second one I have pulled over the years searching half dollars. My first was a 1968 Kennedy half dollar with same type error.

Comments

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

As many roll searches that I have done, I have never been able to find one of these. Super, super find.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    As many roll searches that I have done, I have never been able to find one of these. Super, super find.
    Wayne

Thanks, that was a huge surprised to find only 1 40%er and it is a clamshell. How much have you searched in half dollars over the years?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting find... Also good pictures... would like another picture, of the split, slightly angled, so we see the separation and a partial view of the obverse. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

Thanks, that was a huge surprised to find only 1 40%er and it is a clamshell. How much have you searched in half dollars over the years?

I do about 5k a year.
    I preorder them from my credit union. The minimum is $1000 face at a time.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice error. Hoping its not blue like in your photos.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

You find the coolest stuff. This is a standout!

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, great find!

Mr_Spud

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, something I don't see every day

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is the coin blue?

• Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

The white was of on the camera. reason for Blue.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options

@ricko said:
    Interesting find... Also good pictures... would like another picture, of the split, slightly angled, so we see the separation and a partial view of the obverse. Cheers, RickO

Here you go RickO

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 ... Thank you... Excellent picture and captures the 'clamshell' effect perfectly. Cheers, Ricko

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file