Home Sports Talk

A bit of a shift...

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 3, 2023 8:04PM in Sports Talk

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that the marketing department underwent some restructuring and I was let go. I will no longer be moderating the forum and do not know the plan moving forward. I want you to know that I enjoyed interacting with you all and wish you the best!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Wow...
    Thanks Todd for the update....
    Always a pleasure typing to you... :)

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this, hope everything works out for your future.
    You will be missed, as a participant and moderator.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no. I am really sorry to hear this as well. I appreciated your measured approach to moderating the boards. I hope you stay on as a participant and best of luck in your future endeavors.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this Todd, I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Thank you for the great job you did here, you were always fair and consistent.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second all of the compliments above.

When we see a new user named nolongeramodTodd, we'll take it easy on him.

❤️🙏

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd, I still remember reading the article in SMR about your successful efforts to get Johnny Robinson elected to the NFL hall of fame.
    That was really such a nice thing to do and you could tell Mr. Robinson appreciated what you did.
    From a lifelong Chiefs fan thank you and you’ve done a great job moderating this forum. Whatever you do next I’m sure you will succeed and you have a bright future ahead of you. Cheers! 🍺

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck in the future!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this. Todd you were an absolute asset to PSA and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is the "dislike" button?

• Whoa ! A cancel of a canceler ??? The world is going back to normal !

Best wishes Todd. I disagreed with, basically all your inputs and bannage :) but as you should have, you held your ground with what you had to do. Rock On.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re a gentleman and a scholar, Mr. Tobias and you will be missed.

We’ve all gotten some sense of who you are as a person over the years, Todd, and how competent, fair and willing to listen to the customer you have been since we all first interacted with you. To me, this says very little about you but speaks volumes about PSA.

You will fare well - this I know - because good things happen to good people.

Best wishes

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting two and two together?

It makes me wonder if the clock isn’t ticking on these message boards…

…and that makes me sad.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@daltex said:
    Where is the "dislike" button?

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

…and that makes me sad.

I'll just put this here. Sometimes it is good to say things before it's too late, but I hope the boards continue.

I just messaged Todd and thanked him. His work as a mod has been a big part of facilitating things here.

And this place means a lot to me.

I appreciate the effort that all of you have put in here.

I've worked hard to try to give back when I can, because I have received much from many of you.

• was joking about compliments :) I think he was a Portland/Minneapolis supporter out to take down the USA after being brain washed in whatever recent college he attended.

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

…and that makes me sad.

Say it ain't so...I do not need any more depression in my life...

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, I'm sorry to see this Todd!

You've always been fair in moderating these boards; and as an old-time San Diego Charger fan myself, it always felt good knowing a fellow old-time San Diego Charger fan was in charge of things here.

Best wishes to you in the future!

Steve D

• JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I encourage folks who want to support Todd and have LinkedIn to message Todd and endorse him for his services and maybe our network can open an opportunity.

@AFLfan said:
    Hey Guys,

Thank you for the kind words. I really do appreciate them. Yesterday's announcement came as a surprise to me and to the others who were also let go. I enjoyed working for PSA. I have been a card collector my entire life, so even on challenging days at work, the subject matter of PSA was always enjoyable for me.

The forums certainly came with some challenges and I have no doubt that there are current and former members who will be happy to see me go. I tried to balance a bunch of guys wanting to talk sports and often disagreeing with the guidelines of moderation expected by the company. Sometimes I got it right and other times I probably didn't. At least my intentions were good.

I once had a LinkedIn page, but that was several years ago and under an email that no longer exists. I will probably have to start a new one. I would love to continue working in the hobby or sports in general. I'll have to see what's out there.

Thanks again, guys. I will probably drop back by sometime in the future and maybe even get to posting, but it just feels kind of strange right now. If you want to get ahold of me, just shoot me a DM. I have connected my forum account to my personal email, so I will get notifications.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Todd

• 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2023 1:11PM

AFLFAN, Sorry to hear :(

Typical corporate BS in which your management will garner large bonus' by getting rid of personnel no matter how essential. By the time the effects are felt the gutless cowards will already have fulfilled their 18-24 months (those of you work in corporate know what that means) and have skedaddled to another firm to pull the same nonsense again.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Todd - I am saddened in ways I can’t express. Your excitement and enthusiasm was infectious and I was looking forward to possibly meeting up with you as Covid restrictions become a thing of the past. I can count on one hand the things I find in any of my corporate interactions that I would rate as high as my dealings with you… Gem Mint 10.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll miss you. You were quite reasonable in moderating. Won't PSA need someone to moderate or will someone get double duty?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully they give someone double duty and said someone just let's us police ourselves here, I'd much rather see that happen then the doors being shut and locked

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd, thanks for the terrific job you have done keeping order here in our forum. We didn't get off to the greatest start but I learned that this place has to be kept to sports topics for the most part or else it can get pretty nasty real fast and that was your job to keep order here. I appreciated your input on questions I had regarding psa, grading, etc. You will be missed here.

Robert

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd,

Really disappointed to hear this. As a moderator, I think you were most tolerant and fair to all members here. I enjoyed your comments and posts that added flavor to the OPs comments, especially during the mild digging on DD and the Reese's pieces epsiodes. I, like everyone else, wish you nothing but the best in whatever comes next for you. Thanks for being who you were, and please do jump in from time to time. Consider the pic as an enormous tribute to you!

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Todd
    Best of luck.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

playing catch-up with the forum and just now caught this news. not a fan of this decision. i really appreciated your style, Todd. always fair and balanced, yet you stepped in and performed your job admirably when an adult made it clear that they were incapable of acting like one. and i especially loved it when you took off your mod hat for a moment and opined about sports.

best moderator in my almost 11 years here. big shoes for PSA to fill moving forward. wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

• gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

Was Todd terminated or was his position terminated?

@gorilla glue 4 said:

does it matter?

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Todd for your work on the boards. Good luck in the future.

• WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear the news, Todd. Keep us updated on the Bambi collection and lacrosse cards collection. I hope you land a better sports related gig.

• firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this Todd. Best of luck for your future.

Matt

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

does it matter?

Yes it does as it could mean the end of this message board is near.

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

does it matter?

It sure sounded like you were interested in whether Todd got fired or downsized. If you had questions about the future of the message boards, there certainly are more tactful ways to go about asking those questions. either way, it is personal information and none of our business. I would be surprised if they brought the whole message boards down. Between trading cards and coins, they seem pretty well frequented.

• 19591959 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

PSA seems to be headed in a different direction from years past. Maby the new ownership or future new ownership. Sad really.

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

does it matter?

It sure sounded like you were interested in whether Todd got fired or downsized. If you had questions about the future of the message boards, there certainly are more tactful ways to go about asking those questions. either way, it is personal information and none of our business. I would be surprised if they brought the whole message boards down. Between trading cards and coins, they seem pretty well frequented.

He made it our business by letting us know he was let go. I was only wondering why. Hopefully he at least got a $100 Loupe credit on his way out the door for his loyalty.
    You might not have much time left to convince the world that Clemens didn't use PED's,strawman 😆

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@craig44 said:

@gorilla glue 4 said:

does it matter?

He made it our business by letting us know he was let go. I was only wondering why. Hopefully he at least got a $100 Loupe credit on his way out the door for his loyalty.
    You might not have much time left to convince the world that Clemens didn't use PED's,strawman 😆

do you make it a habit to inquire why people lose their jobs? You do realize that is in super bad taste and a really bad look for you. You are probably that guy who asks everyone at a party about their salaries and how much they paid for their cars.

while we are at it, I wonder what your original forum handle was? you know, now that you are an alt and all.

A thread, started by the moderator for the purpose of explaining why he will no longer be here, is turning into a thread that we all know he would have closed by now. Interesting. 🤔🤷🤣

This discussion has been closed.