Home Precious Metals
Options

Got an offer for 8% cash back on eBay purchases from Capital One

rte592rte592 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to spend my money, but haven't been successful with anything in the last two days.

Anyone seen any deals on gold/silver or coins around spot on eBay they want to share.
I have till midnight to use the offer.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

" deals on gold/silver or coins around spot on eBay"

Your request is an Oxymoron. There is no such thing as deals on silver or gold bullion. Pay the going price or wait for a downturn in the market.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

After midnight but LIberty Coin offers secondary market bars about 4% over melt.

ebay.com/

• Options

I decided to wait.
    Bullion direct had a 10 gram Britannia Gold Bar .9999 that was $706 less the 8% would have been really close to melt.
    Almost bought some random 90% but I don't even look at what I have now.
    Was primarily looking for something gold and cool.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not seen any 'deals' on gold for quite a while now.... and do not expect any in the foreseeable future. Gold is hot.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a heck of a power tool! How many amps does it pull? We need a video of it in action.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have a few credit cards that give 5 percent cash back for ebay purchases every now and then, i would of jumped on just about anything decent at 8 percent off the way things are now

• Options
    edited April 10, 2023 5:45PM

@VanHalen said:
    That's a heck of a power tool! How many amps does it pull? We need a video of it in action.

12.5 Amp
    Too much for a solar panel set up with battery and an inverter.
    I run it with a 2200 generator.
    I wanted to get on like one of the other guys Milwaukee brand (a lot lighter)
    His wife bought it, he used it four times and it burned up.
    He bought a harbor freight one and it's still working great.
    I wanted one like his But this one was on eBay for $45 bid.
    I bid and no one else did...free shipping and all.
    It's a little big and takes up more space in the jeep but it gets the job done after it warms up for a minute.
    Not sure why it doesn't take right off but I think it has something to do with the internal lubrication.
    Someday I'll open it up and see.

• Options
    edited April 10, 2023 5:56PM

@coinpalice said:
    i have a few credit cards that give 5 percent cash back for ebay purchases every now and then, i would of jumped on just about anything decent at 8 percent off the way things are now

I tried for two days off and on, everything was still priced high after the 8%.
    No deals that I saw close to spot before the cut off time.
    A seller had 11 grams of gold nuggets from Alaska that sold for $570 but it was a few hours after midnight.
    This gem popped up around 12:15am for about 15 minutes before someone threw Money at it...I think they should have put their glasses on and will probably be disappointed?
    how many RED flags are thrown on this play?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

The biggest red flag is the price. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

and the very low seller feedback

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

and the wrong design