Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What would you grade this 89 CC?

Just curious, seller claims its au+ Proof. No clue what that means and these coins with huge jumps in value between grades always make me nervous for the bidders.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275760265363?

Comments

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

See my comment on the eBay highjacked accounts. This seller apparently has been highjacked and definitely does not hold title to many of the coins listed.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know whether the description has been edited, but currently, it says:
    “1889 CC MORGAN! KING OF ALL KINGS! CHOICE AU+++++ PROOF LIKE!”
    The coin looks AU at a minimum and PL, as well. BUT, the images aren’t nearly good enough to determine what issues the coin might have.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's with the descriptions with a buy it now price with two steps to follow. Also, all his feedback appears to be in French with the Seller supposedly in Fullerton California.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of feedback is in foreign languages, so why is it in California? I think I'll pass

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks it has a rim issue at 8 k on the reverse. It has a smaller one at 2k.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typical manipulated images as Great Southern has been known for. Run don't walk away!

• Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

I would not consider any key coins “raw”

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

This seller has more than 25k of different items with market vaule of $50,000,000+ on sale on ebay?

Good luck!

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2023 9:03PM

This coin is would be a good deal at this price regardless of the grade as long as it’s genuine, but the bidding will go much higher than this unless it gets nuked. I’m actually blown away by the price guides for these, thousands graded yet an xf45 is 5k 🫣

Edit for posterity: at the time of this comment, the price was $560

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

The date and mint mark position seem to match VAM-5.
    But a not a lot else can be determined from those images.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a fraudulent listing from a hijacked account.

Grade or authenticity don't matter the listing will be removed. ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many red flags on this listing.... I would pass. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file