edited January 29, 2023 8:04PM in Sports Talk

See you guys on game day in 2 weeks.

Philadelphia versus Kansas City

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see the Chiefs in it. Then Andy Reid can remind the Eagles who they kicked to the curb in 2014.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    I want to see the Chiefs in it. Then Andy Reid can remind the Eagles who they kicked to the curb in 2014.

You get your wish. Will be a great game plus he the QB will get 2 weeks to rest up.

• Options

Will be taking for KC as well. Hope he gets another Super Bowl ring!!!

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

Andy Reid didn’t get the job done in Philadelphia. He was their coach for a long time. The change has done him good. One, or perhaps two, successors have gotten the job done.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2023 4:09PM

So tells us what you are going to have for diner on Super Bowl day. I am going to order a lot of Chinese food (100$ that is a lot for just me alone) that should be some tasty stuff. Taste even better in the morning after been in the fridge all night for whatever leftovers there will be.

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    So tells us what you are going to have for diner on Super Bowl day. I am going to order a lot of Chinese food that should be some tasty stuff. Taste even better in the morning after been in the fridge all night for whatever leftovers there will be.

My wife makes her "special" nachos every Super Bowl! They are the best! I so look forward to it every year!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar

Dude where were you all season???

Your like turning into one of my favorite posters all of a sudden with your game threads!

You BEST stick around!

Too early for me to report food plans just yet but I will sound off once I get the venue situated

🍻

• Options
    edited January 30, 2023 9:04PM

@perkdog said:
    @KingOfMorganDollar

Your like turning into one of my favorite posters all of a sudden with your game threads!

You BEST stick around!

Too early for me to report food plans just yet but I will sound off once I get the venue situated

🍻

Never crossed my mind to post games here. I will try posting regular season games next season not all of them of course but maybe get opinions on say 6 teams people like the most here that would be easier on Sundays. Mondays and Thursdays are easier only 1 game each day.

I am Canadian so I follow hockey almost every evening (I follow all Canadian teams and a few US teams) but can arrange something for the next NFL season as mentioned. I don't have a home team as you would know but I do have teams I prefer. I have been a fan of the NFL since the early 1990's.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    @KingOfMorganDollar

You BEST stick around!

🍻

Never crossed my mind to post games here. I will try posting regular season games next season not all of them of course but maybe get opinions on say 6 teams people like the most here that would be easier on Sundays. Mondays and Thursdays are easier only 1 game each day.

I am Canadian so I follow hockey almost every evening (I follow all Canadian teams and a few US teams) but can arrange something for the next NFL season as mentioned. I don't have a home team as you would know but I do have teams I prefer. I have been a fan of the NFL since the early 1990's.

Glad to have you bud, we got a bunch of good people here, it's slow after NFL but we all keep the sports talk going, the more the merrier!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    @KingOfMorganDollar

You BEST stick around!

🍻

Ironically I'm in Florida and love hockey. It always interested me from a young age even though growing up pre Florida Panthers down here there wasn't much public interest in this area. So at a young age I made the Habs my team and have been with them ever since. I have Center Ice and try to catch as many of their games as my work schedule allows. They are in a rough rebuilding patch right now but I see glimmers of hope.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@perkdog said:
    @KingOfMorganDollar

You BEST stick around!

🍻

Ironically I'm in Florida and love hockey. It always interested me from a young age even though growing up pre Florida Panthers down here there wasn't much public interest in this area. So at a young age I made the Habs my team and have been with them ever since. I have Center Ice and try to catch as many of their games as my work schedule allows. They are in a rough rebuilding patch right now but I see glimmers of hope.

As a Canadian I am happy we have McDavid makes all the other bad teams we have bearable. Toronto has a great team but they just cannot get it done at least not yet. My favorite team has always been Pittsburgh so I got lucky with them but Crosby will retire in a few years so McDavid is my main focus hopefully for the next decade.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't be watching, not my teams and too much fluff on the TV for the game that makes it tedious unless I have a team to root for. Good luck to KC and the best qb in the NFL................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Canadian I am happy we have McDavid makes all the other bad teams we have bearable. Toronto has a great team but they just cannot get it done at least not yet. My favorite team has always been Pittsburgh so I got lucky with them but Crosby will retire in a few years so McDavid is my main focus hopefully for the next decade.

As an Oil fan since l986 (my first time in Edmonton during the glory years), and as a Golden Bear alumni, I am very glad we have McDavid, the Oil has momentum right now, ifn the goal tenders can perform, Kane back, they have their lines clicking right now. Who knows I might have a Cup Finals to watch this year.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@countdouglas said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

So tells us what you are going to have for diner on Super Bowl day. I am going to order a lot of Chinese food (100$ that is a lot for just me alone) that should be some tasty stuff. Taste even better in the morning after been in the fridge all night for whatever leftovers there will be.

Were ordering Canadian. ;)

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't they keep the score in Roman Numerals for Super Bowl LVII?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must see TV for me. Last game for some months. The Wings are waiting. Not the Eagle type, but the chicken type.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheese Steaks if your an Eagle hatched from an egg.
    They even take on the shape of a football, if prepared properly.
    It should compliment the chips.
    It's a Philly Thang ! GO EAGLES ! <3
    P.S. Let us also not forget, The NFL Draft.
    Philadelphia has multiple first and second round picks. :o

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Tic Toc Tic Toc we are getting very close to game day folks!!! Looking forward to my Chinese food and a great game!!!

• Options
    edited February 11, 2023 1:30PM

@Alfonz24 said:

Were ordering Canadian. ;)

Poutine? Not much more Canadian than that and super tasty. Taste great with a club sandwich.

• Options
    edited February 12, 2023 1:10PM

Game day countdown 3 1/2 hours till kick off. Will take for KC but will be hard to beat Philly.

• Options
    edited February 12, 2023 1:27PM

Getting the beers iced up and nachos prepped!

Should be a great game, I actually didn't even bet on either team just a bunch of prop bets to keep it extra interesting

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been watching the pre-game show for a couple of hours, great stuff, I love listening to football talk!

• Options
    edited February 12, 2023 2:09PM

It's a bittersweet day though, all the hype for the big game but after it ends we got to wait till September to get our fixe in again 🙁

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually taking a different approach (as opposed to consuming pregame media). I'm planning on turning it on for the Anthem.

@doubledragon said:
    I've been watching the pre-game show for a couple of hours, great stuff, I love listening to football talk!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    It's a bittersweet day though, all the hype for the big game but after it ends we got to wait till September to get our fixe in again 🙁

This is why we need to come together and brainstorm and make the most of the pinned countdown thread.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

This is why we need to come together and brainstorm and make the most of the pinned countdown thread.

Agreed, so far @MCMLVTopps is doing a fantastic job!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2023 3:28PM

:)

• Options
    edited February 12, 2023 3:26PM

A little over 1 hour till kickoff.

• Options

Terry, Howie, Michael and Jimmy all picked the Eagles to win!

• Options

KC 30
    Philly 24

This is my prediction

• Options

@perkdog said:
    KC 30
    Philly 24

This is my prediction

I will throw out a guess:

KC 24
    Philly 17

I am most likely not going to be right but whatever.

• Options

KC 34, Eagles 20

• Options

@perkdog said:
    KC 30
    Philly 24

This is my prediction

I will throw out a guess:

KC 24
    Philly 17

I am most likely not going to be right but whatever.

I am thinking we both believe it will be a one score game though!

Enjoy the game my friend!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Terry, Howie, Michael and Jimmy all picked the Eagles to win!

Hopefully that's the kiss of death for the Eagles.

• Options

I enjoyed that National anthem one of the better ones I have seen.

• Options
    edited February 12, 2023 4:54PM

Wow that was quick Philly leads 7-0.

• Options

Boom 7-7 all tied up.

• Options

that #15 dude looks Fantastic... B)

• Options

Donk...

• Options

I wanna type a bad word, but i can't... :)

• Options

14-7 Philly leads.

• Options

Wow, the Eagles look good out there so far.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Wow, the Eagles look good out there so far.

Indeed they sure seem on a mission to win.

• Options

Wow, touchdown Chiefs!