Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Express Submission current status.

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Express Submission to PCGS was picked up at the Newport Beach PO by PCGS on Saturday January 21st.

PCGS 'received' the submission Monday January 23rd.

Today, Wednesday January 25th the submission is in 'encapsulation' and 'being imaged.'

This is great progress......I'll keep you posted.

Comments

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh... I just checked mine from about the same time frame (within a day or two), and mine show the same 👍

Almost forgot to look today! 🫣😅

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, hopefully regular gets up to speed also.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

My regular submission received October 13th moved to encapsulation yesterday!

• Options

@jdimmick said:
    I just sent in an express and it was fast, 5 days from entered in to shipped back

That's great news. I was sending to ngc because of the backlog... But I prefer pcgs. Hopefully standard and econ will catch up soon as well!

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

My world express sub is on day 40. Annoyingly slow

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the recent 'Express' program is really working. I wonder how the express line is staffed...Probably uses resources from the other programs... Thus, cause and effect. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AntebellumGoldAntebellumGold Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2023 8:33AM

I mailed 3 coins by Registered Mail on January 9. I received them back this morning, January 26... a little over two weeks total, including shipping both ways.

• Options
    CentSearcherCentSearcher Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

Good to hear that the turnaround times are improving. I'm planning on getting a platinum membership in a few weeks, and I already have a group of coins to send off. My piggyback submissions have taken 6-7 months :'(

• Options

Ok today, Thursday is Holder check and label verification .

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

I have 11 regular submission (8 membership +3 regular) that were just received today. I'm hoping I get them back by April.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2023 6:28PM

I have a grades ready and images ready but nothing posted yet?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@cheezhed said:
    I have a grades ready and images ready but nothing posted yet?

Give it a day or two. Sometimes the emails go out prematurely.

• Options

Guess PCGS hates me. Every single order is over their posted turn around times. I sent an express order received 1/12 and not even to imaging yet.. Positive it will be past due.. My last regular order received on 10/26 still at grading and not even to imaging yet.. turn around says 50 days.. here we are at 65 days now. They don't even bother replying to my emails.

• Options

@markinsd said:
    Guess PCGS hates me. Every single order is over their posted turn around times. I sent an express order received 1/12 and not even to imaging yet.. Positive it will be past due.. My last regular order received on 10/26 still at grading and not even to imaging yet.. turn around says 50 days.. here we are at 65 days now. They don't even bother replying to my emails.

Keep in mind those are business days, so only 5 days of each week they count.

• Options

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

They finally replied.. its' been 61 days by their count. Yet still not at imaging or encapsulation so at least 5+ days from completion if I'm lucky.

• Options

@markinsd said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

They finally replied.. its' been 61 days by their count. Yet still not at imaging or encapsulation so at least 5+ days from completion if I'm lucky.

If I'm not mistaken, in October they were around 70+ days. I'm not sure how their calculus works but I'm not sure you can go by what it shows today, I think you have to go by the time of submission. If they are at 61 by their count, I'd imagine you are getting very close to the front of the line! 👍

• Options

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

If I'm not mistaken, in October they were around 70+ days. I'm not sure how their calculus works but I'm not sure you can go by what it shows today, I think you have to go by the time of submission. If they are at 61 by their count, I'd imagine you are getting very close to the front of the line! 👍

It was 50 days in October as well. But yes, hopefully getting close!

• Options

@markinsd said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

@spyglassdesign said:

@markinsd said:

It was 50 days in October as well. But yes, hopefully getting close!

Maybe that was economy I was thinking of.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2023 5:27PM

Today, Friday January 27 grades ready.....6:50pm EST.

That's five business days to get the grades, if you count Monday when the submission was received..

For coins valued at $2,500 to $10,000, Express Service is coming in way under 15 days from what I've seen..

Hope the other service tiers get on board in the coming months.

Thank you PCGS.

edited to add: I'll let you know when the TrueView images are available.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wonder why the heck my coin goes to imagining - when I did not request or pay for it!

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

@WaterSport said:
    I always wonder why the heck my coin goes to imagining - when I did not request or pay for it!

WS

Did you use Regular or Gold Shield Service?

• Options

@Goldbully said:
    Today, Friday January 27 grades ready.....6:50pm EST.

That's five business days to get the grades, if you count Monday when the submission was received..

For coins valued at $2,500 to $10,000, Express Service is coming in way under 15 days from what I've seen..

Hope the other service tiers get on board in the coming months.

Thank you PCGS.

edited to add: I'll let you know when the TrueView images are available.

Same. One order was 5 days straight, the other is in qa (sent same time, same box). They received on last Friday, grades and shipping today on one. Will be here Monday. I assume grades will pop for the crossovers Monday and coins here Wednesday.

So yes, express I think is nearly all but caught up. Let's hope the others will catch up shortly too!

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

When does the ASE "Monster Boxes" hit PCGS? grading times are fixing to SLOW DOWN......

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterSport said:

WS

I’m always in that same situation. If they’d quit imaging and trueviewing my coins (which I don’t pay for trueviews or want them either) my submissions would seemingly crank out weeks faster. It’s like my timeline progress is grading for 1 day, then imaging/encapsulation for 6-8 weeks, then imaging/qa for another 10 days. My coins ultimately all get trueviewed, and I‘m just going to start taking this as a compliment to the high quality material I submit. I remember when trueviews first came out, which I never paid for them then either, and they’d still do it to most coins in my submissions and use several of the pictures as the “plate” coins in coinfacts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file