Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Cool military medal slabbed by PCGS. Has this ever happened for the US? - Honeycutt-314 Basso-152 Ag

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 18, 2023 8:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

While looking up PCGS certification support for the Honeycutt reference, I found that PCGS slabbed this military medal.

I really like the design with the wings above the propeller.

What's also interesting is that this was clearly made to have a hanger. I'm aware of PCGS slabbing worn military medals that are classified as So-Calld Dollars, but has PCGS slabbed any others?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice medal... Is there a translation for the information on the medal? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Nice medal... Is there a translation for the information on the medal? Cheers, RickO

I'm not aware of a translation yet. Are there anyone literate in Japanese here that can help?

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2023 8:35AM

I saw trying to use this translation tool but I can't cut and taste the text, sorry. Someone will be able to translate it.

Nice medal by the way! 👍🏻

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=language+translator

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    VasantiVasanti Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2023 8:50AM

I wish they would. I have some cool military medals that I would love to get slabbed.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vasanti said:
    I wish they would. I have some cool military medals that I would love to get slabbed.

Me too. I would love to see PCGS slab actual service medals and especially Civil War dog tags that have hanger tabs. I can see the glorious slab right now!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

"What's also interesting is that this was clearly made to have a hanger. I'm aware of PCGS slabbing worn military medals that are classified as So-Calld Dollars, but has PCGS slabbed any others?"

Not sure if this has any that you are asking about. Can select the Regular Strike, Proof, Special Strike for 3 lists.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/category/miscellaneous/u-s-mint-medals/794

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Air Force Attack On The Philippines" // "Commemorating The Participation In World War II By Air Force Battalion 9936, In The Year 1942 (Individualy Named At Bottom)"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file