Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Specials you’d like to see

I’d appreciate a few:

Reholder special at less than 25 a card… I have a ton of those over sized holders for thicker cards I’d love to get into normal sized holders.

A special for oversized cards. The cost for these larger sized cards is prohibitive for now.

A good crossover special to finally get some of these BGS slabs switched over.

What other ones would you like to see?

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards

Comments

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

A crossover special is a good idea. Older non sports special. I have a lots of 1950's non sports I have been waiting for a while now to get graded.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

Specials that cover

Pre 1980 All Non Sports,
    Pre 1996 All Sports
    1970'S Baseball as they used to occasionally
    Wrestling Covering all Eras and Years 1960-Present

When I start to see these Tiers coming back I'll think about renewing my membership, until then......No Way!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree on the pre-1996 sports one as I have a lot of vintage to grade. Also agree on the special for larger items. I have some supersize and jumbo items I won’t submit yet.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

$10-$15 Ticket/stub Authentication/Encapsulation only…no grade. Most stubs were not treated very well anyhow so I don’t need a grade on mine. Just would be nice to have them slabbed and marked PSA ‘authentic’. Maybe $10 for authentication/slab only and $15 with a grade.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    $10 grading pre-1996. Sports and Non-Sports.

This for me too. I have tons of Vintage I'd grade if the rates go down. Then I have even more vintage I'd grade that aren't quite 10s that only have centering issues. At current prices there's no way I'll ever grade those.

PSA is leaving money on the table with their current rates.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

not really a grading special for me…
    Um, what I really would like to see from Panini would be unopened racks with my guys showing; now that would be cool… B)
    That would be special to me… :)

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

Evening,

PSA had better hurry up with something decent specials wise. I do a Local Card show here once a month and now have a Dedicated Box to go through of Cards I Have Hand Picked to sub, but won't because of the cost (Box usually has about 200 Cards in it all times, all Cardsavered and priced with OBO. Across the board (Non Sports, Sports All Genres). I Even Label the Box as such (To be Sent to PSA to be Graded) and its actually working fairly well for me. It allows some back & Forth and I usually end up selling the Cards at about 60%-100% of what it would sell for if it went to PSA and got slabbed. Actually some of them have brought more than if I would have, had I subbed them. Its becoming a Little more lucrative each show over the last 3-4 shows, so will definitely be keeping it in the mix!

I think its a Psychology thing! :):D

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, I have a box of about 300 CS1s waiting for the price to drop closer to $10 per card.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2022 7:34AM

A special for Supersize holder items is long overdue, as is them just opening up a bulk/value option for that holder size where the items have a lower declared value amount. At this point, they only have Economy level pricing for supersize items valued up to $999. I'd really like to see the submission options for supersize have parallel pricing tiers to all the options available for standard/tallboy holder items.

It would also be nice to see specials for packs and tickets.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Packs back to anything reasonable. Have about 10 ready to send but won't pay $100 per.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    $10 grading pre-1996. Sports and Non-Sports.

Everyone keeps agreeing and liking this.

PSA, pay attention.

Except let’s make it $8.

• Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

You'd think they have got to give us some pretty decent (pre-1996 sports would make sense), since a lot of people's memberships seemed to end very recently (Mine 12/28). If they want to get those people back on board right away, that kind of special would do it. I'd even be happy with 1980-1995 @ $12 or so. Doubt it will be less than $15, but you never know.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the current rate. Buy one get one free.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I’d like to see a full reopening first. Then, we can let the specials commence soon thereafter. There are still tiers/services levels that have not reopened. Perhaps these stem from lack of holders due to supply chain issues or lack of qualified graders as card sized cards is their bread and butter and must obviously be prioritized. That said, things outside the normal size card, for the most part, are tough to have PSA graded at the moment and for a variety of reasons. I’m not blind as to the reason why PSA doesn’t want them for now; profitability is priority one after a large capital investment in the growth sector of the company and they are certainly now cranking out graded cards monthly. It proves it was a worthwhile investment and can also serve to establish a remarkably faster repayment schedule, which can lead to significant savings. So I get it, I really do.

But I’d also like for there to be a way to send in some 5x7’s!

😁🤣😉

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how they can go below $15. Payroll is high, supplies cost more, postage is higher, etc. If it were to go to something like around $12, it would probably involve not slabbing certain ones that didn't meet a certain criteria.

Someone would request that they only wanted them slabbed if they were 7's or higher. This would work for me on some items, especially commons. Who wants a 1986 topps football card of Jim Mcmahon with a psa 6. Probably couldn't even give it away.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a bunch of low-grade T-cards (pre-WW1), and would love to see a special for them.

Steve

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

At some point, PSA will not have a choice and will need to do specials to generate submissions. There's two grading sites now and they need submissions to keep folks working. The other solution is to cut staff. A $10 reholder special would be cool to start 2023.

• Options
    McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    I don't see how they can go below $15. Payroll is high, supplies cost more, postage is higher, etc. If it were to go to something like around $12, it would probably involve not slabbing certain ones that didn't meet a certain criteria.

Someone would request that they only wanted them slabbed if they were 7's or higher. This would work for me on some items, especially commons. Who wants a 1986 topps football card of Jim Mcmahon with a psa 6. Probably couldn't even give it away.

This is counterbalanced by the fact that they are now grading one million cards per month or have the capacity to do so.
    the first 60,000 might just be for the rent and electricity and such.
    The larger they have scaled up, the lower it should cost to grade each card for dozens of reasons.
    I have heard that they grade one per minute at least, so even if you factor in bathroom breaks and other stuff, you are talking about $400 per hour they could generate on $10 per item.

$10 is easily sustainable for specials.

• Options

@olb31 said:

the challenge is that payroll may be high but if they are not doing any work then it is a complete loss. lay them off it is a complete loss. have them grade cards at 10 bucks and they grade all the extra volume it is all profit. at some point I suspect it is going to come to this decision. sure expenses have gone up but they were making plenty of profits at 7-8 bucks a card before and I don't think costs have gone up double, there should be productivity improvements that offset additional labor costs

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

But I’d also like for there to be a way to send in some 5x7’s 😁🤣😉

>
    >
    >
    Been saying this for over 5 years now - last T3 size special like this occurred in 2017
    MODERN 5X7 are just like regular cards just larger. Would appreciate this special

And I second the re-slab special suggestion

>
    >
    >