Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1922 Peace Dollar with 1993 Peace Accord Stamp

My father passed away and I am trying to get any information about this unique coin.

It is a 1922 Liberty dollar, with a stamp in the reverse of a 1993 Middle East Peace accord with 2 doves.

Any info would be great

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of misinformation on the internet about this issue, such as only 50 made,etc.

As the design indicates, it commemorates a Middle East peace treaty.

Mel Wacks made a lot of similar counterstamped coins including one for this event, but yours is not one of his.

I have one just like yours, but I am not up on the current values.

• Options

Does it have any special value above the silver weight?

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the camp David coins indistinguishable from the copies?.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FireAce75 said:
    Does it have any special value above the silver weight?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, it does have value beyond its weight in silver. It is a specialty niche and someone here will likely know a ballpark estimate of value.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FireAce75 ... Welcome aboard. Probably some collectors will pay a premium, I do not know how much value it will bring. Try researching closed auctions on ebay. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely wild guess on rough value would be somewhere between $75 and $300. It does not sell for as much as the Mel Wacks issue, but it is still very collectable.

You need to find the people who collect these, though. Somewhere like ebay is your best bet. And make sure you use the term "counterstamp" and maybe also "countermark" in order for the right people to find it in searches.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this one I've owned for a number of years. I don't think I paid more than $150 or so then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file