Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a picture of your: 1909 S VDB and/or your 1990 NO S proof Lincolns

CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wanted the 1909 S VDB when I was a kid. I don't care if it's common. I bought this raw over 30 years ago. I have no intention of ever selling it. :)

Comments

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    Same here. Owning one was a dream. As a kid I felt it consumed me. So many years searching.

Nice coin, and nice pictures!

• Options
    ChevyroseChevyrose Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

I haven’t seen any 1990 no s yet….. makes you wonder

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chevyrose said:

They are 100x rarer. Ask people to post pictures of their 1804 dollar and see how many responses you get.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Chevyrose said:

They are 100x rarer. Ask people to post pictures of their 1804 dollar and see how many responses you get.

I think the idea that they are rarer is congruent to what I said

• Options
    edited December 21, 2022 7:16AM

@Chevyrose said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Chevyrose said:

I think the idea that they are rarer is congruent to what I said

I didn't suggest otherwise. I'm just saying that I would expect to get fewer...many fewer.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't own an 09SVDB but all these years later I can tell you how many were minted: 484,000.

I can't name most of the various varieties that exist in the Lincoln Cent series.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ronyahski There are at least 16 that grade MS67 RD.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @Ronyahski There are at least 16 that grade MS67 RD.

I think "top 3 finest known" was for the color designation.

Young Numismatist

• Options

@Cameonut said:
    I'm still looking for a nice '09s VDB. Have owned this '90 no S for over 20 years.

Very nice. Basically the modern 09 s vdb. Yes it doesn’t make sense when you think about it but sounds right. Nice example I want to have one eventually

• Options

@rays said:

@Ronyahski said:
    67RB Pop 1/0. I think it is in the top 3 finest known.

Way more attractive than most “Reds”.

Makes me think my 1909 s ms66+ could go 67

• Options

@Chevyrose said:

@rays said:

@Ronyahski said:
    67RB Pop 1/0. I think it is in the top 3 finest known.

Way more attractive than most “Reds”.

Makes me think my 1909 s ms66+ could go 67

• Options

66+ rb

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

One for the type set and one for the date set. Haven't found a Proof 90 yet. I'm looking.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont own either, but looking at a few coins on this thread make me almost want one!

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoledandCreative said:
    One for the type set and one for the date set. Haven't found a Proof 90 yet. I'm looking.

I know how you feel. Ouch!! 😫 😭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ldhair said:
    One more.

Looks like this one could use some conservation before that verdigris gets out of control!

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think conservation would help this one?

• Options
    edited December 26, 2022 9:25PM

@erwindoc said:

@ldhair said:
    One more.

>

Looks like this one could use some conservation before that verdigris gets out of control!

An acetone bath and VERDI-CARE would fix that guy right up!

While the coin is submerge in the acetone and then in VERDI-CARE, use a very very soft bristle brush and very gently clean in and around all the devices and in those wheat lines. But that's just me. I'm not advising or recommending others to do that.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@MasonG said:

Interesting how many raw ones are in this thread given how often the forum says that anything not slabbed is fake or a problem.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Interesting how many raw ones are in this thread given how often the forum says that anything not slabbed is fake or a problem.

If it's not in a slab, there's no way in hell "I for one" could ever tell it's real.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

I've got a very nice raw one myself. The one I pictured above is not so nice, but it was bid up to $350 fifteen years ago. So not everybody is averse to adding problem coins to their collections.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

If it's not in a slab, there's no way in hell "I for one" could ever tell it's real.

Post a picture. There's a cottage industry here comprised of people who authenticate them from online images. :)

• Options
    edited December 26, 2022 9:02PM

@MasonG said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Post a picture. There's a cottage industry here comprised of people who authenticate them from online images. :)

I'd love to, if I had a raw one to show you.

• Options

One of mine is the one with the 4 holes drilled in it. Can you authenticate that one? 😉

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the amount of 1909-s VDBs posted I think it is clear which is more popular.
    But we already knew that, I guess.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    edited December 27, 2022 12:04PM

@DCW said:
    From the amount of 1909-s VDBs posted I think it is clear which is more popular.
    But we already knew that, I guess.

Or more common. I mean, there's more than 100 SVDBs for every No S. We actually don't have 100x as many SVDB as No S posted.

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

After over sixty years of collecting I still do not have one. As a young man my grandmothers sister had four or five of them. But she had found them all in circulation (1950's) and was very proud that she had so many. But having one is on my bucket list but in a high grade BN or RB.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file