Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My new custom made coin albums! Washington Quarters and Large Cents :)

WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 11, 2022 5:19PM in U.S. Coin Forum

These are new-ish purchases for me, I've been working with David (@The_Dinosaur_Man) for a few months on the designs for these, I gave him some general templates of what I was thinking, we spitballed ideas and he turned out these unique albums!
He went to a ton of work to get them just right for me, (afraid I was a little picky... ;)) and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out! I made a few tweaks in hand as well but nothing major ;)
They're kinda like a hybrid between Danscos and the old "Library of Coins" albums, the best of both worlds with much more realistic line drawings of the type coins :)
I'm working on a Silver washington quarter set from 1932-98 with all Proof and SMS issues included, I haven't gotten very far on it but it's a good start...
The Large cent folder is holding all my "extras" and Counterstamped LC's. :)
Let me know what you guys think! :)
And seriously, if you want a niche/special/unique album... get in touch with the Dinosaur Man!

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

Comments

• Options

Sorry, some of my pictures are not the most stellar...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those albums are great!

Mr_Spud

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice indeed!! 👍🏻 Taking out the clear slides when taking pictures would help.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice work... Makes for a special and unique collection. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great collection! Photos on the other hand.....just remember when you are between your light source and the subject, you will get a shadow. Try propping the coins vertically toward your light source, as mentioned outside lighting is really helpful.
    Love seeing albums like this- amazing!!!

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copyright and start production for sales please? ;)

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    edited December 11, 2022 2:01PM

@privatecoin said:
    Copyright and start production for sales please? ;)

Get in touch with @The_Dinosaur_Man, he owns the copyrights :)

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive.

Some of those clads are pretty tough in those grades.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options

These albums didnt get as much screen time as I was hoping so I'm bumping this thread a little bit :)

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2022 6:44AM

Great looking albums. Neat counter stamped cents too.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

I would be a buyer of both albums... really great looking quality.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very nice and look similar to the old Library of Coins albums.

How many hours did it take to make one?

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just fantastic...You are a true artist!

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are really professional looking albums. Gorgeous!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

VERY cool and looks well made too.
    I like the look 👍👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is very cool. Just waiting for the Liberty Nickel one. :)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are exceptional. Very professional work! I’m sure there are many here that would want to commission more work, if @The_Dinosaur_Man was looking to make more!

• Options
    The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Thank you @WilliamF for the write up! I'm glad you are enjoying them and the coins inside look fantastic!

I'd be delighted to take on more commissions. They don't even have to be standard U.S. coins. You name it, message me, and I'll work with you to get it made! :smile:

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• Options

@davewesen said:
    Those are very nice and look similar to the old Library of Coins albums.

How many hours did it take to make one?

I'm not sure, it was a couple months for 3 of them but he had some other stuff he was working on in between, and I might have been a little pickier than necessary, I created quite a delay when asking for a chain and wreath cent on the front because he uses all his own photographs for the line drawings to avoid any copyright problems, he didnt have photographs of a chain or wreath cent and went very much out of his way to get them for me! :)

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2022 6:33AM

@The_Dinosaur_Man Are the coin labels embossed, printed on or a sticker? Also could you label a blank Dansco page? Is the cost prohibitive? You can PM me if you don't want to post answers here.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    @The_Dinosaur_Man Are the coin labels embossed, printed on or a sticker? Also could you label a blank Dansco page? Is the cost prohibitive? You can PM me if you don't want to post answers here.

The labels are custom printed onto the pages and the covers, however at the moment I'm not set up to label a Dansco page. I'd be interested in trying it out sometime though!

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of makes me want to crack out all of my slabbed coins :#
    and put them into those albums

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WilliamF said:
    I'm working on a Silver washington quarter set from 1932-98 with all Proof and SMS issues included, I haven't gotten very far on it but it's a good start...

Are you going to include the 2021 silver "Washington Crossing the Delaware" quarter with the same obverse? Granted it has a different reverse, but so does the 1976 Bicentennial quarter.

Speaking of which, will you include the 40% silver 1976 Bicentennial quarters, MS and proof?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

David made me an album for my Large Cents. Does great work. Was going to have him make a half cent album for liberty cap and draped bust, but decided to use a meghrig binder that I already had. I've got so many of them, I need to use them, but just so much trouble moving the coins. lol
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent work......they look great!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider me impressed!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:
    Are you going to include the 2021 silver "Washington Crossing the Delaware" quarter with the same obverse? Granted it has a different reverse, but so does the 1976 Bicentennial quarter.

It might be a better fit into a Notable Women's Quarters album - because of that obverse.

Speaking of which, will you include the 40% silver 1976 Bicentennial quarters, MS and proof?

The beauty of custom albums is - my collection my rules !!!!!

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

These are pretty sweet. I have a soft spot for the old whitman coin albums I have. Though I've moved most of my collection to binders and 2x2s, those are what got me going in the hobby. I love the idea of a custom one to fit one's collection. Cool stuff.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might have to get one of those for British sovereigns, French 20 Francs, etc. Seems like it would be a great way to collect bullion related coins.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WilliamF @The_Dinosaur_Man Does it need to be in book form? Could it be a one page or larger display type like this Wayte Raymond?

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options

@Overdate said:

@WilliamF said:

At this point I'm only going up to 1998 with this set, I have a circulation set from 99-present in another couple albums with every reverse and transitional obverse as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file