Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NNP: Maybe the best resource I have found

yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of information at the Newman Numismatic Portal.

In particular the David Lisot video library.

Never met the man, but I will miss him.

His contribution to numismatics is unique and encompasses decades and hundreds of videos.

https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/multimediadetail/522852?FromArchives=True

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

where would we be w/o foundations!

nnp is a breathtaking repository of numismatic information. :+1:

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The digitized mint archives are a great resource.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely a huge amount of research and it's free. Just need to find the time to enjoy. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Absolutely a huge amount of research and it's free. Just need to find the time to enjoy. Peace Roy

Not only time to enjoy but the time to find stuff. When I went looking for books on coin series it was a little cumbersome. But that is semi-typical of many website searches. Still good it is there.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

We can all thank the good folks at the Eric P. Newman Numismatic Education Society for supporting this work. An amazing legacy.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Newman Numismatic Portal is a tremendous resource. I am glad to see it referenced here and hope that our new collectors take the time to check it and bookmark it for reference and study. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file