Under the Tree December pickups~

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that complete box!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@redlegs said:
    Picked up this really nice unused 1970 Kellogg's complete box with the football 3D card advertising.

hey redlegs.
    That is one of the coolest items that I’ve ever seen -- Yeah that’s Bomb Ass Cool… B)
    And if you could please post that butterscotch-brittle recipe on the box, that would be perfect to make for this holiday season or even anytime for that matter, I know that family & friends would like that and which that they would ask me for the recipe and I would say to them that they would have to talk to “redlegs” on the forum.
    Thank you again… :)

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Topps really got 1962 Football right.

I'd really like to make a set of those.

• Options

Never seen a JMS card before. Cool @Kid4hof03 !

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    The third one needs ink.

Great Rocket!

• Options

@Goldenage said:

Tough to find these centered.

hey Goldenage,
    That's cool... :)

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Another one down on my Gibson run. I was outbid on this same card 3 times before landing this one for a nice discount off those auctions. Which l/r centering was a little better but still happy with card

Gibby is so undervalued. He's one of the greatest pitcher ever, and I love buying his cards. I just picked up a 1960, but it's only a 6.

• Options

I collect the 1964 Venezuelan Topps set and it’s a shame that Gibby isn’t in it.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Another one down on my Gibson run. I was outbid on this same card 3 times before landing this one for a nice discount off those auctions. Which l/r centering was a little better but still happy with card

That is a beautiful Gibson!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

@yankeesman said:
    I got a couple of nice McCann PC pieces in today. The Triple Threads patch is from the 2010 All Star Game where McCann was MVP.

hey yankeesman,
    Cool knob... B)

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I'm happy to add this 1953 Bowman Color Mantle/Berra/Bauer combo card to my 1953 Bowman Color collection. Did the Bowman Bubble Gum Company introduce the first combo cards in 1953...Mantle/Berra/Bauer and Martin/Rizzuto?

I found the answer to my question...indeed...in 1953 the Bowman Bubble Gum Company first introduced combo cards with #44 Berra/Bauer/Mantle and #93 Martin/Rizzuto.

I suppose it depends on how you consider the T-202s. I only have this one, and not easily accessible, so stock photo:

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a beautiful Henderson. Congrats on that one.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    Some pretty clean Topps Adventures…

Who is the baseball player?

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's Harry Agganis, a local star athlete who played 1B but died unexpectedly

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@Bosox1976 said:
    That's Harry Agganis, a local star athlete who played 1B but died unexpectedly

Love the Agganis! Yours is much nicer than mine!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Pop. 30 of the The Iron Man......... all these Tiffany issues in general have blown up.

I've always loved the 1984 Tiffany. I have a few 10's such as the Seaver, Brett, and Palmer. Yes, prices for these have really skyrocketed in the last couple of years.

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

I agree that 1984 Topps Tiffany is a beautiful set. I've always felt that Topps, Fleer & Donruss each produced their nicest looking set of the 80's in 1984. Truly a high point in the hobby right before junk wax.
    I have a Wade Boggs Tiffany PSA 10 and I like it better than his RC from the year before. Very low pop too, glad I own it now.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

GU/auto rookies of a couple guys I loved watching in high school/college:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭

Nice Mick!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    this acquisition won't mean squat to most, but it's tantamount to a signed 51B Mantle in my world

Nice score and that card looks gemmy to me. Displays amazingly well. Congrats!!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    this acquisition won't mean squat to most, but it's tantamount to a signed 51B Mantle in my world

Great pickup, Stephen! Knowing your love for all things Seve, this has to be one of your favorites, Im sure!

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this up at a show Saturday..
    J. Allen Panini Encased rookie patch /25 ..

• Options

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Probably my last pickup of the year

hey Kid4hof03,
    Nice rack... :)

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

Not much happening here in the North but have a handful of stuff.

First, wife went out with her family and picked this up for me (it was 80% off so around $3).

Didn't think it was from any band I had heard of (don't follow new stuff much) but have heard the track Nowhere Generation previously.

Missed out on a few auctions but was the only bidder on this lot.

Won them for $4.21 with free shipping. Was mostly interested in the Deodato & Billy Thorpe - Children Of The Sun albums. Decent pictures in the listing showing various issues so no surprises when they arrived other than being in mostly better shape than what I thought they would be and a Depeche Mode 12" freebie.

Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (VG+ Gloversville Pressing)
    Deodato - Deodato 2 (VG Upper range of the grade with light crackle mostly in quiet sections. Santa Maria Pressing)
    Spyro Gyra - Alternating Currents (VG+ Minimal noise here and there. Columbia House Record Club)
    Fame - Rock 'N Roll World (P Side 1 crackly due to filth. Side 2 trashed)
    Bill Cosby - The Best Of Bill Cosby (NM Specialty Pressing. Very clean)
    Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache (VG Looks worse than it plays. Occasional pops/clicks. Pitman Pressing. This is an earlier pressing (among the first 25,000 copies) that was made just three days after John Lennon was murdered. The "GOODBYE JOHN" in the Side B matrix is in reference to him)
    Billy Thorpe - Children Of The Sun (VG+ Lower range due to ever so slight issue at the start (possible pressing issue). Pop/click here and there)

Bonus freebie (not pictured)
    Depeche Mode - Strangelove 12" Maxi (G+ No cover. Cleaned side 2 (worst looking side). Scratches/scuffs. Clicks and ticks but plays surprisingly well)

And I am NOT a jazz fan but thought this interpretation of Nights In White Satin was worth trying to win the lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVoYXBA6chE