Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Under the Tree December pickups~

Ichiro RC for the new binder....

Comments

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2022 7:18AM

@stwainfan ... that is a dashing PSA 5 sir....

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    @stwainfan ... that is a dashing PSA 5 sir....

Thanks.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Pulled this from a Cello Pack earlier today!!! It's fresh, sharp and GLOWS!! I took a bunch of rip pics but just sharing this for now as I'm in a deer stand.

Fantastic!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    1984 Topps Grocery Rack Pack (sugarless gum) with both Cal Ripken Jr. & Phil Niekro showing on top

hey Ironmanfan,
    Nice rack... :)

• Options

@PaulMaul said:
    This card has a very special place in my heart. Possibly the first baseball card I ever saw. In the Fall of 1973 I was at my friend Sean’s house and saw it on his dresser. Not yet seven years old I had only purchased (and was still purchasing) Wacky Packages. I wouldn’t buy baseball cards in earnest until the 1974 cards came out a few months later, but I was intrigued!

hey PaulMaul,
    Cool story... B)

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brad…

That is a cool looking card! And he is a Cincinnati Reds!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2022 6:09PM

REA has the best unopened offerings…but I had a bad experience with a 1975 Topps mini cello pack PSA-9 with George Brett RC on top. I had it listed on eBay last year…someone tipped off PSA it was either suspect or fake. I received a communication from PSA to return it…which I did. Nine months later…PSA called and confirmed that indeed it was fake. I received a complete refund for my costs…but my confidence in Steve Hart and PSA in unopened took a hit for me that Steve authenticed it and PSA slabbed it as a PSA-9. I no longer have interest in unopened

That says “counterfeiters” are becoming very, very good at replicating an authentic unopened pack.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    This one was from REA and I can’t wait to get it in hand. I have always loved this set. Maybe it is because it was years between seeing photos of a 1968 3-D and actually seeing one in person. Someone had a whole display case of them at a National years ago and I put them on my someday list. Clemente has soared past my ability to purchase so I went with the only other HOFer in the set. Super excited to add this one.

Awesome card!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    This one was from REA and I can’t wait to get it in hand. I have always loved this set. Maybe it is because it was years between seeing photos of a 1968 3-D and actually seeing one in person. Someone had a whole display case of them at a National years ago and I put them on my someday list. Clemente has soared past my ability to purchase so I went with the only other HOFer in the set. Super excited to add this one.

Congrats!!!! That is a a major league grab for sure.

• Options

@brad31 said:

hey brad31,
    That's cherry... B)

• Options

@KendallCat said:

hey KendallCat,
    Nice wax... :)

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are crushing it big-time!!! Nice looking Mick for the grade!!!

@KendallCat said:
    Added another 56 Mantle last night to my run and price was much less than I expected. Can’t wait to see it in hand. Also, grabbed a couple more packs to make my box down the road. Now I have to sell a few more things to finish getting a few funds for another big unopened item 🤔

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    The Elway I purchased recently, but the Doug Flutie I had signed at the Chicago Spectacular last November. I just got this back the other day from a dual grade sub.

Absolutely fantastic!!!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cs223406 said:
    Recent PSA return
    Some Fleers for my 86 set (https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/autographs/company-sets/1986-87-fleer-autographs/10686)
    Some 69s (love these)
    Few other Miscellaneous

69 Topps is a very nice set to get signed.

86 fleer is difficult due to the backgrounds. Not sure if gold, blue, or other ink is best.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

With december here had to scrounge at the card store as its been busy with holiday shoppers here ( only 1 sports card store in the whole city ) . took pics of some of what i pulled from blaster packs and fat packs . managed to pick up 6 blaster packs and 5 fat packs .

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@n49th said:
    Working on a Topps era HOF pitcher run.
    Here they are in a digital album:

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/hofers/celebration-topps-hall-fame-pitchers-1952-present/album/21532

I love the album!

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Pulled this from a Cello Pack earlier today!!! It's fresh, sharp and GLOWS!! I took a bunch of rip pics but just sharing this for now as I'm in a deer stand.

😳

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I won this 1964 Sandy Koufax card in REA tonight. I pulled a 1964 Koufax from a pack...back in the day. It brings back good memories! I am happy to add it to my Koufax collection...

You really do this collecting thing right

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2022 8:42PM

Rexvos...

Thanks for the nice compliment! It is very humbling to receive such nice words from fellow collectors on this board...and I always enjoy looking at the purchases by others...it is a very enjoyable hobby! Everyone's purchase has special meaning to each collector and seeing the different goals collectors are pursuing is very interesting to me whether a special team, HOFs, or ties to their childhood etc...

Monte

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Brown!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox