Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 Log Cabin and 1983 Cent....opinions??

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Came across these two which I had put away some years ago. They look pretty good...high grade?

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both appear to have some spots. The 1983 also has minor marks.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

The ‘09 is mirror bright, tough to capture...The differences I see between my ‘09 and the coinfacts MS67 is that the coinfacts Coin has several contact marks and a lot more spots.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the photos I think the 09 might go 67 on the right day, despite the nice strike and minimal plating pimples the 83 has too many spots and marks to go above 66. I would be tempted to try the 09 for grading and put the 83 into an album.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the 09 one item that I think I see and you can determine better in hand is some haze on the coin. There appears to be some on the obverse but the reverse I am seeing it more. On the reverse check the 9 o/c area and then some at 3 o/c. Then below in the 'land' area including the ONE CENT lettering. Comparing the TV 'land' area to the OP there is no detail to the 'land' area but again some suspected haze (or is it in the strike or photo). I don't know copper but perhaps if it is there it could be soaked/dipped off. However, you don't want to do harm to it at all.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options

Probably just the lighting...

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when do cents with carbon spots merit a 67?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    AdamLAdamL Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Are any of the 2009 cents worth sending in? I've got a bunch of them.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2009 is a nice cent. I would put the '83 in an album though. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file