Home Precious Metals
Options

JM Bullion Cyber Monday Sale / 2023 1 oz British Silver Britannia Coin (BU) ON SALE!

CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

2023 1 oz British Silver Britannia Coin (BU)

ANY QUANTITY FOR ONLY $4.49 OVER SPOT!

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the "heads-up" Decent price for any Britannia coin.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder ... Thank you for the alert, that is a good price. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Looks like we will have 2 different 2023 Britannias........Old effigy with QE2 ( run completed) & (currently in production) one with King Charles's effigy. Interesting...original run could be a sleeper, it all depends how many were produced.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be that the new 2023Britannia design with only 1 month's production will have a low mintage and may become the sleeper.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2022 2:18PM

@jmski52 said:
    It could be that the new 2023Britannia design with only 1 month's production will have a low mintage and may become the sleeper.

Agree, that's what I eluded to in my comments. However, it's the old design. The new design with King Charles is currently in production. The question is: how many with QE2's effigy were produced?

• Options
    edited December 1, 2022 3:09PM

The only reservations I have about these coins, is their issues with milk spotting. I decided to take a chance, and picked up a few anyway because of the price. They were $25.69 when I purchased them with a check on 11/28.

They are still available, but are now currently selling for $27.48.

https://www.jmbullion.com/2023-1-oz-british-silver-britannia-coin/

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2022 7:24AM

@OPA said:
    Looks like we will have 2 different 2023 Britannias........Old effigy with QE2 ( run completed) & (currently in production) one with King Charles's effigy. Interesting...original run could be a sleeper, it all depends how many were produced.

Interesting. Would appreciate a link , I can't find any mention of a split run for 2023
    n/m found the info.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

Thanks, just bought 7. Also found out that Tennessee no longer charges sales tax on bullion as of May 2022. 9.75% ouch.

• Options

Received my order today. Great looking reverse proof like BU coins. Decided, with the price of silver down, to place another order.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

5% back using paypal from Chase.

• Options

The roller coaster ride continues. Metals up today. ;)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Gone

• Options

FYI
    If you didn't take advantage of their early offering .. to late
    price now: "As low as $8.39 per coin over spot!"

JM still has over 10k available.

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know mintage figure of the 2023 Britannia with QEII picture?

• Options

@Glen2022 said:
    anyone know mintage figure of the 2023 Britannia with QEII picture?

Royal Mint did not disclose the figures, but my guess....less than 250,000.
    BTW, The Royal Mint has 13,500 remaining in inventory. I would consider that a small amount for a bullion product.

Quote from their website: "Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year."

• Options

Thanks.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

Royal Mint did not disclose the figures, but my guess....less than 250,000.
    BTW, The Royal Mint has 13,500 remaining in inventory. I would consider that a small amount for a bullion product.

Quote from their website: "Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year."

FWIW, Mike M. says that these were only struck for one week (i.e., 9/1/22 - 9/8/22).

2:35 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbG7GgIih18

• Options
    edited December 10, 2022 12:07PM

Since Queen Elizabeth II passed away on Sept. 8th, it's quite possible that the coins were struck only up to the 8th. The question is: how many bullion coins can the Mint strike in one week? 250k most certainly is not out of the question, but I'm beginning to think, that it was less.

edit to indicate, I received my 2d shipment on Dec. 9th .. Nice quality coin.

• Options

RCM bars @ $2.25 over spot is a bargain price. Unlikely to be lower any time soon.

• Options

Finally received my eight 2023 1 oz Silver Britannia coins on 12/9/22. They were packaged in a plastic tube, and taped shut. I will leave as is, and not open.

• Options

both of my orders (less than 20 each) came in tubes. I removed the coins & place them in direct fit capsules.

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭

I got my order today came in tubes also. Nice coins!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:
    Finally received my eight 2023 1 oz Silver Britannia coins on 12/9/22. They were packaged in a plastic tube, and taped shut. I will leave as is, and not open.

Serious question.

It looks like the tube is designed to hold more than eight coins.

Did the source include some 'packaging material/dunnage' to fill the empty volume, or were the coins 'free' to slide up and down, inside of the tube, during shipment?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    both of my orders (less than 20 each) came in tubes. I removed the coins & place them in direct fit capsules.

indicates JM screened them to send the best for grading. Explains their availability of excess tubes. Anytime one is hoping for perfect coins to send in, avoid buying quantity from a major retailer, especially if they offer the same coins in 70 holders.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

I do not purchase bullion to have them graded. It's a waste of time & $$$. JM is not going to go through 25K+ of bullion Britannia coins to see if any would qualify for a 70. If they did, they would have them on their website. As it turns out, they do not have any PCGS graded silver Britannia's. Your paranoia is showing. PS. They do have PCGS Silver Eagle bullion coins available.

• Options
    edited December 17, 2022 10:38AM

@OPA said:
    I do not purchase bullion to have them graded. It's a waste of time & $$$.

The post was for the benefit of those who might not know better and be thinking about submitting tubed coins purchased from a major retailer. JM (and other retailers) do cull new tubed coins for grading.

JM is not going to go through 25K+ of bullion Britannia coins to see if any would qualify for a 70. If they did, they would have them on their website. As it turns out, they do not have any PCGS graded silver Britannia's. Your paranoia is showing. PS. They do have PCGS Silver Eagle bullion coins available.

Your ignorance is showing. The graded 2023 britannias as well as the graded 2023 eagles are not available YET on their website as it is too early for them to have been returned from grading. Prior year graded britannias as well as prior year graded eagles are avaialable on their website.

Paranoia? LOL. Call it reality. How else do you explain JM having enough extra britiannia tubes to ship out so many tubes containing less than the original full roll of coins? Maybe they are buying extra empty tubes from the Royal Mint. LOL.

• Options

Only time will tell if it's a waste of time and/or $$$. Ebay prices will be the determinant.

I've bought (unopened) MintDirect tubes of Buffalos and fractional Gold Eagles from Apmex with exactly that in mind. Thus far, I must confide that I'm very happy with the strategy.

When I decide to open them for possible grading submissions in a few years, I expect that I will already be way ahead of the game in terms of bullion pricing. Any premiums from the results of grading - will be gravy on top of any rise in the spot price of bullion.

If the whole financial system has crashed by then (a distinct possibility), it's still gold bullion.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

"Your ignorance is showing. The graded 2023 britannias as well as the graded 2023 eagles are not available YET on their website as it is too early for them to have been returned from grading. Prior year graded britannias as well as prior year graded eagles are avaialable on their website."

"Paranoia? LOL. Call it reality. How else do you explain JM having enough extra britiannia tubes to ship out so many tubes containing less than the original full roll of coins? Maybe they are buying extra empty tubes from the Royal Mint. LOL."

derryb....suggest you investigate before making a general statement.

a) JM does not have any PCGS graded silver 2023 Britannia's, or prior years, in their their inventory or website.

b) The coin tubes that are being used are not Royal Mint tubes, but readily available, for "a dime a dozen," tubes for 39mm bullion rounds.

• Options

@jmski52 said:

Only time will tell if it's a waste of time and/or $$$. Ebay prices will be the determinant.

I've bought (unopened) MintDirect tubes of Buffalos and fractional Gold Eagles from Apmex with exactly that in mind. Thus far, I must confide that I'm very happy with the strategy.

When I decide to open them for possible grading submissions in a few years, I expect that I will already be way ahead of the game in terms of bullion pricing. Any premiums from the results of grading - will be gravy on top of any rise in the spot price of bullion.

If the whole financial system has crashed by then (a distinct possibility), it's still gold bullion.

I wish you luck with your mindset on NCLT bullion coins. Your statement appears to contradict derryb's comment regarding "JM (and other retailers) do cull new tubed coins for grading." I suppose they missed your roll.

• Options

b) The coin tubes that are being used are not Royal Mint tubes, but readily available, for "a dime a dozen," tubes for 39mm bullion rounds.

Yup

• Options

Your statement appears to contradict derryb's comment regarding "JM (and other retailers) do cull new tubed coins for grading." I suppose they missed your roll.

No, it doesn't. Apmex sells rolls that are unopened and sold as such with a seal applied by Apmex. They sell for a modest premium over their standard price, but the guarantee is that the rolls are unsearched. I'm okay with all of that.

Kitco does something similar.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

So, for those who don't think the large retailers search (cull) the rolls they get, where do you think the graded coins they sell come from?

• Options

.> @derryb said:

So, for those who don't think the large retailers search (cull) the rolls they get, where do you think the graded coins they sell come from?

No one is questioning whether the big boys will screen some rolls for grading purposes. However, that is not what you indicated in your original response to my comment that both of my orders came in tube. Your response:

"indicates JM screened them to send the best for grading. Explains their availability of excess tubes. Anytime one is hoping for perfect coins to send in, avoid buying quantity from a major retailer, especially if they offer the same coins in 70 holders."

The primary reason why orders for less than 20 coins are placed in tubes; is cost effective. Less expensive than the labor intensive procedure in manually placing each coin in protective flips.

• Options
    edited December 18, 2022 12:48AM

I was hoping for flips... stocking stuffers

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Retailers send them in by the pallet. Sealed boxes to be graded. They don't have time to sit there and sift through one by one, trying to determine what will be a MS69 and what will be a MS70. Just as neither you, I or anyone else on the planet would be able to tell the difference. IMO grading modern bullion is the dumbest thing to hit coin collecting since the cacs sticker. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:

Yup

Not sure what kind of tubes everyone else got but Mine came in a Royal Mint tube. Tube is for 25 coins not 20.

• Options

@tyler267 said:

@meluaufeet said:

Yup

Not sure what kind of tubes everyone else got but Mine came in a Royal Mint tube. Tube is for 25 coins not 20.

Guardhouse - Medallion-66

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 9:09AM

This is my roll just received last week. If you order 25, they may just grab one out of the box.

• Options

Received 8 in a generic tube with peanuts in tube to fill void. Beautiful coins,

• Options

These must not be too scarce. Bullion Exchange is offering 1 roll (25) for $729.53, 4 rolls (100) for $$2892.70 , a 500 Monster box for $14,254.50, free shipping. On Ebay deal of the day.

• Options

@Glen2022 said:
    These must not be too scarce. Bullion Exchange is offering 1 roll (25) for $729.53, 4 rolls (100) for $$2892.70 , a 500 Monster box for $14,254.50, free shipping. On Ebay deal of the day.

1 roll for $714 if you buy from their website.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Glen2022 said:

And they have over 750K Ozt available just at BE. Now add up all the other dealers, gutters far from rare. Even when it's only been produced for a "week" :ROLL RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@Glen2022 said:

And they have over 750K Ozt available just at BE. Now add up all the other dealers, gutters far from rare. Even when it's only been produced for a "week" :ROLL RGDS!

Well, if they had 750K at one time, which is highly unlikely, they are down to less than 50K now...(34 monster boxes...681 rolls...& 17,000 single)

• Options

Here's a sale that a smart stacker will avoid:

• Options

I've seen the same commercial on numerous network stations over the years....Don't forget...."LIMIT TOO NO MORE THAN 5 PER CUSTOMER :p "