Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show Us Your: Bank Bags!!

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a Chinese Checker board at a flea market recently. It was an older board, handcrafted out of wood and had a date printed on the back, 1938. The marbles that came with it looked pretty old too and came in a little bank bag! Do banks actually use bank bags still or is change just handled in boxes? Anybody recognize this bank? Quite a nice slogan too!

In tradition of other "Show Us" threads....Show us your Bank Bags!!

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have many!

Blank printed

Printed

My everyday bag

Lock bank bag

Zipper bags

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

A key lock and the change purse that came with it😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Oh I forgot about those locking bags, I remember using them for deposits way back when.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2022 4:06PM

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an old bank bag... drawstring closure, from a local bank when I was a kid. Not there anymore. I know it has a bunch wheat cents in it... maybe some other coins. Have not looked at - or in - it for almost twenty years. Will have to pull it out later.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

This bag of nickels has never been opened. I will never open it.

Here’s a few more bank bags I have picked up over the years:

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll have to buy me dinner first.

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see the bag from the old Bankers Trust Company above. Would have never expected them to have a bag for moving cash since they were never a 'retail' bank, at least when I worked there in the 80's. They were what use to be called a merchant bank. They were at one time the largest Trust Bank in the US, handling the pensions and PS plans for the largest Fortune 500 companies and super high net worth individuals. They also loaned money to large companies and I believe cities & states for building infrastructure. Unfortunately they sold out to Deutsche Bank.

I do not have any bank bags but acquired this one from someone who used to collect change from vending machines, many a dirty coin must have passed through its contents.

• Options

These bags are amazing! They all have such history...> @CoinHoarder said:

That is impressive!!! I can't believe it even has a date printed on it!!!

Love the warnings on many of these....DO NOT CUT BAG WHEN OPENING I wonder how many bags were ruined that way.

@jt88 said:

Nothing newer than these!!

@Weiss said:

These look fun! 1948 !!!

@jt88 said:

What's in this bag? Looks pretty full~

• Options

@Onastone said:
    These bags are amazing! They all have such history...> @CoinHoarder said:

That is impressive!!! I can't believe it even has a date printed on it!!!

Love the warnings on many of these....DO NOT CUT BAG WHEN OPENING I wonder how many bags were ruined that way.

@jt88 said:

Nothing newer than these!!

@Weiss said:

These look fun! 1948 !!!

@jt88 said:

What's in this bag? Looks pretty full~

1954 taiwan 5 chiao (50 cents)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 5:25AM

@Onastone said:

Anybody recognize this bank?

Looks like the Reedsville National Bank started in 1891 and Looks like they merged in 1977

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I wish I had kept them, but i had some beauties over the years. Some really neat vintage pieces.
    I can see where someone would enjoy collecting them.
    I had both 'deposit' bags and 'coin' bags. Had a couple of tiny 500 dollar coin bags, obviously for yellow coins.......They were really cute. I used to use one at shows. In my Allstate case I had it laying in there with gold coins spilling out of it. It always got people talking......

• Options

@Onastone
    Wasn't easy but I found it

Reedsville National Bank PA Banking Pennsylvania Financial Vintage Keychain

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@1630Boston said:

Wasn't easy but I found it

Wow! Great detective work!~

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭

• Options

Here's a couple that I have.

• Options

@darktone said:

They dated that bag to the day?

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing quite like a bag of money💰

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    edited November 23, 2022 10:40AM

@jacrispies said:

I like the 7 1/2 lead shot bag :) _

• Options

@jacrispies Wow....you've got the collection cornered!!! How about that tiny bag? What is that, 15 cents?

• Options
    jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    @jacrispies Wow....you've got the collection cornered!!! How about that tiny bag? What is that, 15 cents?

Yes, a small 15 cent bag that held uncirculated coins and could be purchased from the mint in the 1970's. I've seen them around a lot, I had one laying around so I added it to the canvas stack. Here is a CoinWorld article about these:https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/1972-and-1973-penny-bags-offered-by-us-mint-still-collectible.html

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.

• Options

Just want to show how much a bag can worth.

• Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve picked-up a few in my travels. There are more but they’re duplicates of these.

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options

@Veep Really nice collection! The green ones from Kansas look great...with an actual drawstring and eyelets.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

>

we have a winner!

• Options

@CaptHenway Interesting they had a "sewing room" -of course they were all hand sewn way back when!!!

• Options

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

I really like how most of these bags have locations printed on them! They are like bank souvenirs! Our local banks always pass out things like pens and hats and calendars....how about bags?!~

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Floridafacelifter Wow....that bag of $1000 quarters must have been really heavy!

• Options

@Onastone said:
    @Floridafacelifter Wow....that bag of $1000 quarters must have been really heavy!

When I got that bag it was full of 90% silver- very heavy but what a great sound of those silver coins clinking and clanking around!

• Options

@Floridafacelifter said:

@Onastone said:

When I got that bag it was full of 90% silver- very heavy but what a great sound of those silver coins clinking and clanking around!

That's better than CRH. Random dates too?

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Floridafacelifter said:

@Onastone said:

That's better than CRH. Random dates too?

Yep lots of fun to look through

• Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

LogPotato:

Nice old bag, $10K FDIC insurance, bag from the 40-5-'s. Good to see a bag that was used. Still looks in great shape.

• Options

@LogPotato said:

I like the pull strings on this bag. 👍🏻

• Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 8:04AM

I received the bag from my uncle. My family is from there. This was also in the bag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file