Home U.S. Coin Forum

Name Those Sports

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2022 6:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Our quarters are now Designer Coin series. It started with the State quarters. Then came the America the Beautiful. Currently we're in year one of American Women and next up: Youth Sports There will be 20 sport quarters... Can you name all 20?? What will they be? Some will be obvious...(This is just my list, I'm just guessing) BASEBALL *FOOTBALL *SOCCER *BASKETBALL *HOCKEY *VOLLEYBALL *LACROSSE *TENNIS *BADMINTON *TRACK *
Then it starts getting tougher... *GOLF *WRESTLING *BOWLING *SKATING *KARATE *GYMNASTICS *SKATEBOARDING *SWIMMING *SKIING *BICYCLING

but there can only be 20... what will be left out?? Some consider Chess a sport...some of the more obscure sports won't make the cut: ARCHERY *FISHING *ROCK CLIMBING *FENCING *KICK BOXING *HORSE RACING *BUNGEE JUMPING *SKY DIVING *WIND SURFING Of course many sports aren't Youth Sports...would Softball be considered different than Baseball? T-ball? Stickball? Handball? Which sports do you think will be making the cut to be honored on our quarters?

Comments

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skijoring, the most dangerous form of horse racing
    An Olympic sport in the old days from the Winter Olympics of 1928

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot dog eating. :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fooz ball😁🙀😸🐱🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2022 6:54PM

Log Rolling

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin collecting.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Our quarters are now Designer Coin series. It started with the State quarters. Then came the America the Beautiful. Currently we're in year one of American Women and next up: Youth Sports There will be 20 sport quarters... Can you name all 20?? What will they be? Some will be obvious...(This is just my list, I'm just guessing) BASEBALL *FOOTBALL *SOCCER *BASKETBALL *HOCKEY *VOLLEYBALL *LACROSSE *TENNIS *BADMINTON *TRACK *
    Then it starts getting tougher... *GOLF *WRESTLING *BOWLING *SKATING *KARATE *GYMNASTICS *SKATEBOARDING *SWIMMING *SKIING *BICYCLING

but there can only be 20... what will be left out?? Some consider Chess a sport...some of the more obscure sports won't make the cut: ARCHERY *FISHING *ROCK CLIMBING *FENCING *KICK BOXING *HORSE RACING *BUNGEE JUMPING *SKY DIVING *WIND SURFING Of course many sports aren't Youth Sports...would Softball be considered different than Baseball? T-ball? Stickball? Handball? Which sports do you think will be making the cut to be honored on our quarters?

I believe your list is really, really good. However, badminton likely would not make the cut and bowling might not, either. It would seem to me that the more "dynamic" or "modern" sports would replace them like rock climbing or kick boxing. As an aside, I have a number of fencing medals and sometimes these are quite nice, but I highly doubt fencing would make the list. Here are the obverses from a couple medals-

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Curling
    Pickle Ball
    Corn Hole

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Frisbee

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a big youth sports guy and have coached several. 20 seems like a ton to me. We get a handful of women and 20 youth sports? Alright. (Sorry, just an aside, no one has to address that part now that it’s out of my brain)
    On top of the big major ones, I’m guessing there will be one for some sort equestrian event and maybe even a rodeo one for the western kids (mutton busting, roping, barrel racing, or something).
    Are e-sports big enough to make it into the top 20?

edited November 14, 2022 11:01PM

We got this for a start on gaming , maybe there’s room 🧐
    I know my grandson and grown son both play 😁

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bowling

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spin the bottle?

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hide and go seek, kick the can, hatchet throwing..... Those were popular when I was a kid... Cheers, RickO

Couple more 😁

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kickball, Dodgeball, and Rugby

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darts, Figure Skating, Sledding, Juggling...

Someone suggested Rowing to me today. The more I look at the suggested sports, I like @TomB 's suggestion Rock Climbing, the more I think about it, it's common to find climbing walls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file