Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Small Project, Buffalo Nickel Date Set Video Playlist

ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put together a playlist of my Buffalo Nickel date set. Each coin has a short obverse and reverse video to show how the light plays off the surface. I figured a few people here will enjoy and appreciate the project.
I'm not sure if it will work properly embedded here or if you need to open it in YouTube.


Press play and enjoy. My favorites in the set are probably the 1917 and the 1924.

Collector, occasional seller

Comments

  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very cool! When I read playlist I thought that perhaps you would have accompanying music with it. Maybe the 1812 Overture or something! My favorite of the coins I fully viewed was the 1915.

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TomB Thanks! If I combined them into one video then I could add some (royalty free) music. But since they are individual videos per coin per side that would not be possible. I left them separate so that single ones can be viewed/posted easier.
    I like the 1915 also, that's the one I bought almost sight unseen https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1079370/on-buying-coins-with-terrible-pictures-how-about-good-pictures-of-terrible-holders#latest

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Superb presentation. I love all of your buffalo nickels too. You have a great eye for beauty 👍

    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nicely done.... I like the way the views change and detail can be evaluated. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

    Great looking Buffs thanks for sharing, always a treat to see. That 24 is a Blazer I can see why you love it, I sure do too. Thanks again for your video.

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    You 1925 rev and 1926 obv are in the wrong order.

    I absolutely LOVE your 1915. Great color!

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Shamika said:
    You 1925 rev and 1926 obv are in the wrong order.

    I absolutely LOVE your 1915. Great color!

    Oops, thanks for pointing that out! I just fixed it.

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @crazyhounddog said:
    Superb presentation. I love all of your buffalo nickels too. You have a great eye for beauty 👍

    Thanks Joe! There are a couple that I want to upgrade for either eye appeal or strike reasons. Overall I am very happy with the set as it is.

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    @ChrisH821 said:

    @crazyhounddog said:
    Superb presentation. I love all of your buffalo nickels too. You have a great eye for beauty 👍

    Thanks Joe! There are a couple that I want to upgrade for either eye appeal or strike reasons. Overall I am very happy with the set as it is.

    Speaking of strike, when I first saw your 1929, I was blown away. Then I saw it was an S mint, not a P mint. :lol:

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice!

    I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Shamika said:

    @ChrisH821 said:

    @crazyhounddog said:
    Superb presentation. I love all of your buffalo nickels too. You have a great eye for beauty 👍

    Thanks Joe! There are a couple that I want to upgrade for either eye appeal or strike reasons. Overall I am very happy with the set as it is.

    Speaking of strike, when I first saw your 1929, I was blown away. Then I saw it was an S mint, not a P mint. :lol:

    Thanks, that 29-S is about a good a strike as it gets so I'll probably never find a better one to upgrade it. If it were a P mint it would be a unicorn.
    I have a raw 36-D with a phenomenal strike that rivals that one. I posted about it here if you'd like to see it. https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1078867/an-uncommon-common-coin#latest

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    @ChrisH821 said:

    @Shamika said:

    @ChrisH821 said:

    @crazyhounddog said:
    Superb presentation. I love all of your buffalo nickels too. You have a great eye for beauty 👍

    Thanks Joe! There are a couple that I want to upgrade for either eye appeal or strike reasons. Overall I am very happy with the set as it is.

    Speaking of strike, when I first saw your 1929, I was blown away. Then I saw it was an S mint, not a P mint. :lol:

    Thanks, that 29-S is about a good a strike as it gets so I'll probably never find a better one to upgrade it. If it were a P mint it would be a unicorn.
    I have a raw 36-D with a phenomenal strike that rivals that one. I posted about it here if you'd like to see it. https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1078867/an-uncommon-common-coin#lat

    I have a 36-P with a similar strike, but my 36-D can't touch that one. Bravo!

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file